Testing how unsubscribes works with Mailchimp for NetSuite with SyncApps?
By default, when a Contact unsubscribes from your Mailchimp Audience, that will update the "Global Subscription Status" in NetSuite to "Soft Opt-out".
- Use a new Mailchimp Audience (empty)
- Create a NetSuite Saved Search (Contact or Customer) to control what email addresses should be synced to the Mailchimp Audience
- Input NetSuite Saved Search in Step 1 of the Sync Profile. Be sure that this NetSuite Saved Search has at least 1 record to test
- Input Mailchimp Audience (empty) in Step 2 of the Sync Profile
- Save Sync Profile
- Tap Sync Now: SyncApps will sync these NetSuite records in the Saved Search to Mailchimp
- Unsubscribe one of the records in Mailchimp that came from the NetSuite Saved Search
- Press Sync Now: SyncApps will set its Global Subscription Status to Soft Opt-Out in NetSuite
- Set one of the synced records in NetSuite to opted out (Soft Opt-Out)
- Tap Sync Now again: SyncApps will unsubscribe the contact in Mailchimp
This will completely test the unsubscribe functionality in SyncApps.
Need to update only their NetSuite Subscriptions without affecting the Global Subscription Status? Check out our Help Center article below on how it works: