Hey there, thanks for dropping by our integration guides.
Are you having trouble tracking your Marketing Automation solution metrics in NetSuite?
No worries; we are here to help you get all that sorted out.
So, let’s get right to it.
This is how it works:
- Activate the "Sync Email Marketing Data" in Step 1 of the integration setup for NetSuite integration with your Marketing Automation software. Once you send a Campaign to your specified Main List or Audience then SyncApps will automatically sync back the Marketing Metrics back to NetSuite.
- A Custom Record with the name “ (Your Email Marketing Software) Email History” or “ (Your Email Marketing Software) Emails-Cust” is then created.
- For individual Contact or Customers, we will automatically create the "Custom" sub-tab and under that, you can see the " (Name of your Marketing Automation Software) Email History" with the Campaigns and metrics he received.
- Email Marketing Data will sync to any NetSuite Contact or Customer Record Custom Subtab when selecting in Records to Sync, "All Contacts."
- For testing or for targeted Campaigns, first, create a Contact or Customer Saved Search configured in your Sync Profile if you are using the Saved Search option. What this does is facilitate the placement of your marketing metrics in the subtab.
Note: If you select Record Type to Sync, "All Contacts," and need Marketing Metrics back to NetSuite, please also select "Create a Contact" for New Subscriber Object Type in order to have SyncApps automatically sync the metrics back to Contacts.
If this option for "Sync Email Marketing Data" is checked in Step 1, Email Marketing data (Opens, Clicks, and URLs clicked or links clicked metrics) will be synced to a custom record in NetSuite.
The clicked URLs should be visible in the Email Events field as shown below on the Contact custom subtab:
The custom record will be created automatically by SyncApps and capture data starting with the date of creation and on a rolling 30 days basis after a Campaign is initiated.
Email Marketing Campaign metrics land on the custom subtab on the NetSuite Customer/Contact record.
You can change the NetSuite custom subtab name to meet your needs in NetSuite.
If you need a longer rolling basis for Campaign metrics flowing back into NetSuite just reach out to our 24/7 Support so we can enable it.
If SyncApps logs display Campaigns are synced, but no email history records are created in NetSuite follow the steps below:
- Open menu Setup > Integration > Web Service Process Status
- Download recent requests and response files. Your download should be similar to the screenshot below:
- Send both the request and response files (the latest one) to our 24/7 support team along with your Sync Profile ID or URL. We’re always here to help you make the most of our solution!
Be sure to check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save 100s of hours per year!