Microsoft Dynamics and Dynamics 365 as we thought it’s time we simplify these two platforms for you in terms of integration.
See Mailchimp for Dynamics 365 detailed guide here.
See Constant Contact for Dynamics 365 detailed guide here.
SyncApps supports the latest Dynamics 365 API and authentication methods so join 1000s of subscribers enjoying the benefits of simple to use, powerful integration today.
First, let's dive into the simple framework of Microsoft Dynamics for an easy transition or flow.
What Is Microsoft Dynamics?
It is basically a branding platform used by the Microsoft Company.
It incorporates both the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software applications.
The aim is to create a medium for specialized services.
Which Versions Are Supported By SyncApps?
- All versions including 4.0, 2011/2013/2015/2016 Online & On-premise
- Dynamics 365 Online & On-premise
To see all integrations for 365 see this link or tap on the image below.
Now, let us dig into the features of each version:
1. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- On-Premise using Windows Integrated Authentication (Active Directory)
- On-Premise with Internet Facing Deployment (IFD) enabled
2. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011/2013/2015/2016 and Dynamics 365, Dynamics 365 Enterprise
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011/2013/2015/2016 & Dynamics 365 Online (hosted by http://crm.dynamics.com/) (Office 365 Authentication and Federated Identity are supported)
- On-Premise with Internet Facing Deployment (IFD) enabled. Authentication uses Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) including ADFS chaining.
Using Active Directory for Dynamics CRM Authentication
Currently, SyncApps only supports Dynamics CRM Online and ADFS authentication.
For example, you could try using our Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 as an alternative for Dynamics 2011 that supports Windows authentication. It can connect to the legacy endpoint available.
- CRM 4.0 web services endpoint is deprecated if you upgrade using Windows authentication to Dynamics CRM 2013 or above. It means that our Dynamics CRM 4.0 SyncApps will not work after the upgrade.
- Dynamics 365 Enterprise SyncApps versions for 2013/2015.2016 only supports Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) authentication for on-premise CRM currently.
- We also do not support Windows authentication for Dynamics CRM 2011.
Here is an example of how your CRM 4.0 web service URL for your site will look like.
Do You Need To Find Out Your Web Services URL?
You can easily find out your web services URL by trying our feature that is featured in Step 1 of your integration or Sync Profile setup.
In case you are having any trouble or your system does not use the above configuration, contact our support team with authentication type and test credentials for connection testing.
We’re always happy to help!
*Web Service URL (Organization Service)
*SyncApps supports Federated Authentication for Dynamics CRM Online.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.O Configuration
You’ll be glad to know that we offer various authentication approaches to help with configuration.
1. Windows Integrated Authentication
Expose your CRM server to the internet so that SyncApps can access it. Ask your IT team to expose your server to the public internet if you are using an internal-facing CRM server. Then, you will be able to use our SyncApps.
Our SyncApps will only support authentication on Dynamics CRM 4.0. If you are having trouble accessing your hostname, switch from using a VPN (your PC is part of the company network) to ping it. Consult with your IT team if you still encounter the error after you ping it. They will open your CRM server enabling public access without a VPN.
Configure your company’s firewall to allow secure connection from our SyncApps server only (SyncApps Trusted IP addresses).
2. Internet Facing Deployment (Form-Based Authentication)
For this type of authentication, you will need to specify two URLs:
- Web service URL
The URL ends with /mscrmservices/2007/CrmService.asmx
- Discovery Service URL
The URL ends with /mscrmservices/2007/SPLA/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011/2013/2015/2016 or Dynamics On-premise Configuration
It includes the following authentication:
Claims-Based Authentication (Active Directory Federation Services -ADFS)
You will need to specify 2 URLs:
- Web Service URL
- Security Token Service (STS) URL
I have Dynamics 8.2 on-prem with an ADFS server. I think I need claims-based authentication for this, right?
Yes, you will need to use the below configuration for Claims-Based Authentication:
- Authentication Type: Claims-Based Authentication - Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Web Service URL: https://company.company.com/XrmServices/2011/Organization.svc
- STS WSDL URL: https://fs.company.com/adfs/services/trust/mex
Consult with your IT support in case of any challenges.
Dynamics CRM 2011 Online or 2013/2015/2016 & Dynamics 365, Dynamics 365 Enterprise, 9.2 Online, and the latest version is always supported
Finding a unique organization name for CRM 2011/2013/2015/2016 & Dynamics 365, Dynamics 365 Enterprise, and 4.0 can be reviewed here or tap on the image below.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save hundreds of hours per year!