What level of permission does this account need? It does not update customer/contact/transaction info so I assume view only for those records is fine. For case records probably edit permission?
If I am going to use the Enterprise plan and need to integrate Salesforce to NetSuite too?
Please assign the following Global Permissions (Full) to the NetSuite employee's record for the user credentials used in SyncApps:
3) Custom Fields
4) Custom Body Fields
5) Custom Entity Fields
6) Custom Record Types (Use MailChimp? FMT Blog on how it works)
7) Custom Lists
8) Web Services
9) Transactions (if using this type of Saved Search)
10) Partners (if using this type of Saved Search)
For Zendesk for NetSuite SyncApps you will also need to assign the following NetSuite Permissions to Full:
3) Support Case Status
4) Support Case Type
5) Support Case Origin
6) Support Case Priority
7) Track Messages (for Comment sync)
For Zendesk App you will also need to assign the following NetSuite Permissions:
1) Transactions - Sales Order
2) Transactions - Cash Sale (for some Customized apps)
3) Transactions - Item Fulfillment
4) Transactions - Fulfill Sales Orders
5) Transactions - Return Authorization (for RMA creation feature): Full
For NetSuite to Handshake SyncApps the following NetSuite Permissions are also needed:
1) Sales Order
3) Custom Transaction Fields
4) Find Transactions
5) Accounting Lists
Note: For Handshake SyncApps "Standard Customer Form" should be enabled for NetSuite role that is used for SyncApps connection.
Have custom fields to map between NetSuite & Zendesk?
Additional field mapping is optional in your Sync Profile as basic ticket fields such as subject, description, type, status, priority are already mapped.
Try this step in edit mode in your Sync Profile in Field Mapping.
Enable Additional Field Mappings
If you get an error like below then please add 'Custom Event Fields' permission to your NetSuite record to get around this hurdle.
- Permission Violation: You need the 'Custom Event Fields' permission to access this page. Please contact your account administrator. (Error code: INSUFFICIENT_PERMISSION)
Need NetSuite Customer to Zendesk Organizational fields to map over?
Saved Search Error
If your NetSuite SyncApps is unable to get a specific saved search ID which you entered in your profile setup or you have any Custom Record creation issues then the SyncApps will produce the following errors:
- Marketing Metrics related error (ERROR Unable to get or create custom record for email marketing history)
- A saved search with the internal ID xxx does not exist. (Error code: INVALID_SAVEDSEARCH)
These errors are returned by SyncApps due to of one of the following cases:
- The specified saved search is not a Contact or Customer or Transaction Saved Search
- Invalid object type is selected in configuration
- The specified id is not a saved search Internal ID (Internal ID must be a number)
- The saved search is not set to public
- Insufficient permission for saved search or custom records
To quickly resolve this issue with your NetSuite Administrator or on your own please try the following steps:
- Make sure that the saved search type is either Contact or Customer
- The saved search object type in the configuration must match object type of the saved search object Type in NetSuite, otherwise, you will get invalid saved search error.
- In the saved search definition please make sure the "Public" checkbox is checked and "Available as List View " is unchecked for the specified saved search. Please also change the saved search owner to the NetSuite username used in your SyncApps setup on Cazoomi.
- Please try to run the sync to see if it works, if the error still persists please proceed with next steps.
- Please assign NetSuite "Publish Search” global permission to the username that is used in SyncApps then try to re-run the sync after the permission is assigned.
- If the NetSuite user configured in SyncApps has more than one role please set the default role to be used for web service. The role to be used should have access to saved searches custom fields, customers, contact objects. If possible please use your NetSuite Administrator role for testing then you can change to another role if the test runs successfully.
If you still get the same error please try to recreate a new saved search based on the current saved search in your NetSuite account.
You can also try to use another NetSuite username to test.
Setting a Default Role for a Web Services User
If a username has more than one role and default web service role is not specified for the user, SyncApps cannot be sure which role will be taken so the username will work if you set Administrator (or specific role created for SyncApps) for the role to default web service role.
To set a specific default role for a Web services user:
1. Click Setup > Integration > Web Services Preferences.
2. Select the desired user from the Name drop-down list.
3. Select the default role to use for Web services requests for this user.
4. The internal ID for the selected role automatically populates the ID field.
5. Click Done.
6. Click Save.
If you still have a permission issue after setting the web service default role please contact email@example.com to enable a setting that will allow specifying Role ID explicitly in SyncApps like in the following screenshot.
Role ID for Administrator is: 3
Please note that adding permission to a NetSuite role might not apply immediately so to remove permission cache, you will need to remove the role from NetSuite user, save the user then re-added again.