Are you integrating QuickBooks Online to Mindbody Online?
Our Quick Setup guided tour below makes it easier for you to see the initial setup. Take a peek and see if things get a little bit easier from here.
We are more than happy to give you a step-by-step guide that will have you integrating ASAP.
We will make integrating Mindbody Online to QuickBooks Online super simple!
All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
Before we get going, please note that only the online version of QuickBooks is supported.
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s get started:
First, log in to your SyncApps account.
Don't have one? Sign up here! It’s super easy!
Now that you are finally logged in, let's get started. The setup is outlined below.
- On your SyncApps Account's main page, tap "Sync Profiles" and then "Create New Sync Profile". This is just another name for the integration.
- Select "Mindbody Online to QuickBooks Online" for the Sync Type.
- Give the Sync Profile a name that you can easily remember - something you can easily recall.
- In Step 1 of the Sync Profile Setup, enter your Mindbody Online Site ID (the Mindbody Site ID comes after “?studioid=” at the end of your Mindbody URL).
Let’s pause here for a minute for those with multiple Mindbody locations who only want to sync specific ones.
Good news: you can do this, too.
Just type in the location in Step 1 of the Sync Profile.
Location is optional so if it is not specified, then SyncApps will retrieve data from all your locations within the Mindbody site.
After setting up in Step 1, hit next so that the configuration is saved.
- In Step 2, you will just need to connect your QuickBooks Online account.
- In Step 3, set this stage up based on your requirements.
- In Step 4, which is the "Sync Scheduling", you may set the sync interval based on your preference. You may also see the Integration Start date to capture records/data from the specified date till the current date. Just enter the start date for the data you wanted to sync. Do note that one-off data migrations are possible with our Enterprise plans for syncing data going back multiple years from Mindbody and QuickBooks Online via the API.
Payments and Items mapping for QuickBooks Online and Mindbody
In Step 3 above, SyncApps will use name matching for all products to be integrated. If the specified product name does not exist in QuickBooks, a new item will be created.
Payments mapping is automatic as well yet each needs to be set up prior to integration set up in QuickBooks Online.
If needing to customize the Items Mapping you can do this in Step 3 of Setup. By default, SyncApps item matching is by Product or Service name.
On the first sync run or after Sync Profile reset, SyncApps will do the rest for you and retrieve data updated after the specified date.
Step 5, Schedule the sync anytime you want, even in real-time!
A few cool features to note:
Mindbody Payment on Account
You can find this specific feature in your setup Steps to select if your customers utilizeMindbody's Payment on Account feature.
Invoice creation is only done when “Sync Mindbody Payment on Account” is enabled. Please note that even if the option is checked not all Mindbody Sales will be synced to QuickBooks Online Invoices.
A Mindbody Sale with full payment and no Account Balance is used will still be synced to Sales Receipts in QuickBooks Online.
If a Mindbody Sale contains "Account" payment, an Invoice will be created in QuickBooks. Any partial payments will be created as payment in QuickBooks Online.
For a Payment on Account in Mindbody, a Payment will be created in QuickBooks. If SyncApps finds an invoice with a matched balance, SyncApps will apply the payment to the invoice.
Refund to Account credit in Mindbody will create a Credit Note in QuickBooks Online.
Integration Start Date
If you need to migrate records starting from a certain date in Mindbody to QuickBooks Online then let our 24/7 support team know as we can enable the Integration Start Date feature.
Integration Start Date integration rules:
- On the first sync of newly created Sync Profile for historical syncing.
- On Reset Sync Profile SyncApps will use the integration start date instead of retrieving all records.
- On Full Sync, SyncApps will retrieve records since integration start date and this may cause many records to be deleted (previously synced all records but changing integration start date only retrieves part of them). So be careful when using the integration start date to Sync Profiles with Full Sync enabled.
- On a normal sync SyncApps always retrieve records from the previous date.
So after changing the integration start date, please Reset Sync Process for the integration if they want it to effect immediately.
Please note that for Mindbody Sales sync once a record is synced (successfully created a record in QuickBooks Online) the record will not be synced again according to the API limitations of Mindbody.
We are available 24/7 so feel free to reach out to our support team to get a walkthrough today!