Before You Get Started
Before starting, let's take a look at our basic integration setup, as explained here:
Check out some key documentation for Mailchimp for Mindbody Online integration:
- Mindbody Deactivated Clients and Contacts
- Assign Client Indexes to your Mindbody clients to automate your flow to Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign, and Infusionsoft
- Mindbody Online "Inactive" records
- Mindbody Online Error: Unable to Create Invoice...
Let’s Get Started!
How to Set Up Your Mailchimp and Mindbody Online Integration
You are now setting up the integration so enjoy 4 Full Weeks to test out all your use cases using all our features and integration capabilities.
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ records or more between Mailchimp for Mindbody
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Filter records from Mindbody based on criteria you need to market to each in Mailchimp Audience
- Scheduling of integration or a Set Up is available on Free Trial and plans (Step 6)
General Pre-Integration Steps
Log into your SyncApps account. This will land you in the SyncApps Dashboard. Head to Set-Ups and tap the “Create Set Up” button once you've selected the Set-Ups tab.
Enter a name of your choice for your new Set Up as your identifier. Then for the Sync Type, select Mindbody for Mailchimp.
Step 1: Mindbody Configuration
On your SyncApps Account's main page, tap "Set Ups" and then "Create New Set Up."
Select "Mindbody Online Online to Mailchimp" for the Sync Type and name the Set Up anything to help you remember why you set it up for easy reference.
In Step 1 of the integration Set Up, you will just need to enter your Mindbody Online Site ID (Mindbody Site ID comes after “?studioid=” at the end of your Mindbody URL)
Now, these are the following options that you can select in Step 1 of the integration or a Set Up setup:
Segment Clients by Purchased Product Name
- An email Mailchimp Group or Tag or Tag(s) will be created for each Product name.
Segment Clients by Classes/Events/Appointments
- An email Mailchimp Group or Tag or Tag(s) will be created for each Class, Event/Workshop or Appointment.
Segment Clients by Service Category
- An email Mailchimp Group or Tag or Tag(s) will be created for each Service Category.
Sync Mindbody Clients with News and Promos subscriptions unchecked as Subscribed Contacts in Mailchimp
- Does your Studio need to ignore the "subscribe promotional email" (Mindbody opt-out) so all your customers will be synced although subscribe promotional email is unchecked?
- Please use this Mindbody customization to meet this requirement using our feature for "Sync Mindbody Clients with subscribing promotional email unchecked as subscribed Contacts in Mailchimp."
- In Mindbody, USA-based customers are defaulted to checked for Subscribe to our newsletter & promotions feature, and non-USA customers will be set to unchecked. Read more
- Clients can also update the settings by login to Mindbody business's website: Read more
Step 2: Mailchimp Configuration
Connect your Mailchimp account in this step by tapping the “Connect” button. You will then be directed to the oAuth page that’ll log in to Mailchimp. Enter your Mailchimp credentials here.
Generate a new API Key, copy it, then paste it into the API key box in Step 2 of the Set Up.
To obtain a Mailchimp API key, please log into Mailchimp, and press the Top Menu: Account > Extras > Your API Keys. Create a new API Key or copy an existing API Key into SyncApps.
After which, enter the name of your Main Audience. Now, what is the Main Audience, and why do we need to define it in Step 2?
A Mailchimp Audience can be selected from the dropdown of available Mailchimp Audiences.
If you would like to sync to a different Audience in Mailchimp, you'll need to create another "Set Up" for that use case.
- Automatically creates Mailchimp Groups or Tags into your Mailchimp Audience from Salesforce List Views or Campaigns.
- If this option is checked, SyncApps will automatically create and segment your CRM Campaigns to Mailchimp Groups under the specified Main Audience.
- Please see our guide for the Mailchimp Tag option for more information. See it now
- This allows the possibility to map any checkbox field on your Salesforce records to GDPR fields (by default, each checkbox name will need to match the GDPR field 100%, or it will not sync over to Mailchimp GDPR fields).
- List Views and Campaigns will also work to map to the GDPR Fields in Mailchimp.
Want to remove records from your Mailchimp Audience when they no longer meet the segmentation criteria in Step 1 or Step 5 (Filtering and Segmentation) of the Set Up? Select this feature
- If using the Add-On for Full Sync, then this feature will delete the record(s) from the Mailchimp Audience each time a Full Sync is run in your integration.
Don't want to sync unsubscribed status to Mindbody when they unsubscribe in Mailchimp? Select this feature
- By default, SyncApps will set the opted-out status in Mindbody for unsubscribed emails. Please check this checkbox if you do not want unsubscribed emails to be synced.
Need to add back Archived but not Unsubscribed or Deleted records to your Mailchimp Audience? Try this feature
- By default, when a Contact or Lead that was synced by SyncApps is then Archived in Mailchimp, on the next sync, that record will no longer be updated in Mailchimp.
- If you want Archived records to be added back to the Audience and Unarchive the records in Mailchimp automatically so that they will be updated on the next sync, please enable this feature.
- Please note that SyncApps will not update the Opt-out field in Mindbody for the unsubscribed and archived records in Mailchimp.
- When getting Unsubscribe records from Mailchimp, the Mailchimp API does not return the Archived records.
- Only those that are Unsubscribed but not Archived nor Deleted.
- Also, SyncApps can't resubscribe "Unsubscribed/Cleaned Archived" records. The API will return an error that the record is in a compliance state due to unsubscribe, bounce, or compliance review and cannot be subscribed.
Want to prevent new Mailchimp Subscribers from syncing to Mindbody? Select this
- Have a mixed Mailchimp Audience with records that exist in both your Mindbody and in Mailchimp, yet also some records that do not exist yet in Mindbody?
- This feature will not sync any records back to Mindbody from your Main Audience yet only match those that exist between your Mindbody and Mailchimp Main Audience.
- If you select the feature "Need to update Salesforce when subscribers update their Profiles in Mailchimp," then anytime an existing subscriber in both Mindbody and in Mailchimp changes some data, it will flow back to Mindbody.
- New Mailchimp Subscribers will not sync back to Mindbody, allowing you to manage only those that exist today between your Mindbody and Mailchimp Main Audience.
Step 3: Full Sync Add-On
The Full Sync Add-On is applicable to CRM and eCommerce platforms and can be used in our trials and plans. The CRM must have List integration to be able to use Full Sync.
Read more about how the Full Sync Feature can automate your contact management today in our article here.
The Full Sync can be scheduled in Step 3 to Manual, Daily, or Weekly.
It allows you to keep your systems trued up with ease.
Step 4: Field Mapping
Field Mapping is optional. Basic fields such as Email address, First Name, and Last Name are already pre-mapped even if you haven’t enabled this Step. Otherwise, if you have more additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up in Step 4.
If mapping any Salesforce physical address fields to Mailchimp, please review the article below:
Step 5: Filtering and Segmentation
This step is one of the most powerful features ever used by most of our subscribers. For example, if you have 1000’s of records in your CRM, then you only want to pull out the records with specific criteria; only these records will be synced to your Mailchimp Main Audience.
This is like using Salesforce reports only inside your integration to further automate the process.
Step 6: Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
You can also sync back Marketing Metrics every time your schedule runs, plus a few other nice features under "More Options."
Tap the "Finish" button and then Sync Now.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.