Hey there! Welcome!
First things first, congratulations on successfully setting up your Constant Contact integration.
Now that everything is up and running, let’s see how you can make the most of your trial.
See this 3-minute demo on setting up of the integration.
To watch our 30-minute full webinar on full setup and best practices for Constant Contact for Salesforce, please see below.
In order to easily set up a trial for your Constant Contact integration, just follow these quick steps:
- First, ensure that you have created 2 Sync Profiles if you are using both Leads and Contacts. Select Accounts as the Object Type if you are using Salesforce Accounts.
- Create one Salesforce Campaign for testing purposes. You can use our Filtering and Segmentation feature in tandem with any Salesforce Campaign that does not exceed 100 Contact, Lead or Account records for testing purposes and for successful sync.
Next, we will use our own test email, firstname.lastname@example.org, which is a Salesforce Contact and easy to review for testing purposes in both Salesforce and Constant Contact.
- Head to SyncApps and select your test Salesforce Campaign integration in Step 1 of your integration after placing your chosen Contacts, Leads and your email. If you chose to use Filters, select the specific records from the precise Salesforce Campaign. Please review this link if you want to add Salesforce Person accounts.
- Ensure that the “Email Opt-Out” field is visible on the Salesforce Account, Contact or Lead page layout. It facilitates easy testing of unsubscribes from your Constant Contact or CRM.
- Now, go back to your Constant Contact to create and use an empty List to integrate to as the Master List mentioned in Step 2 of your integration. SyncApps creates the List automatically, or you can do it manually. This list is needed to keep all Contacts in Constant Contact in sync no matter which list they are a part of when using SyncApps integrations. Press next until you get to the ‘Finish’ option.
- Press "Next" then "Save. Head back to the Sync Profile page and press “Sync Now” on your Sync Profile page.
- Head back over to check your Constant Contact Lists for the Salesforce Campaign synced from Salesforce which creates its own List in Constant. The Master List will now contain the records you placed into the Salesforce Test Campaign or those records from the Filter you are testing against the Salesforce Test Campaign. For easy testing, just test your own email which needs to be either a Lead in Salesforce for a Lead Sync Profile or a Contact in Salesforce for a Contact Sync Profile.
- Proceed to create and send an email campaign to your own email on the List which you have just synced. It provides a platform for testing how the Campaign Responses or marketing metrics flow back from Constant Contact to Salesforce.
- Now go back to your Sync Profile and tap the Edit button. The first Step of integration is selecting Sync Campaign Responses followed by a tap on the “Create Salesforce Campaign” feature.
- Constant Contact email metric fields are automatically created once you select the “Sync Campaign Responses” feature. It is created and integrated into your Salesforce for marketing metrics such as clicks, bounces, and opens. Place each of them on the Salesforce layout for Contacts and Leads. Proceed to the second step and select the Specific Email Campaign to sync feature in Step 1. Choose the Email Campaign sent, and press save.
- Once on the Sync Profile page click on “Sync now.”
- Navigate back to Salesforce to check the Campaign History records to ensure all metrics (Clicks, Clicked URLs, Bounces, Forwards, Email Events and Opens) are included. Double check to ensure that all fields are dragged onto the Campaign Layout previously created.
- On your Sync Dashboard, choose Reports to review information about each sync run test.
- Run and share this information with your team to create awareness and boost team efficiency.