If using both Leads and Contacts please create 2 Sync Profiles from your SyncApps Dashboard for both object types, Leads & Contacts. If using Salesforce Accounts select Accounts as the object type.
1. First, head to Salesforce and create 1 Salesforce Campaign for testing purposes. If wanting to use our Filter & Segmentation feature in tandem with each Salesforce Campaign selected just make sure to only use less than 100 Salesforce Contact, Lead or Account records, of which some meet your criteria for the trial usage which will pull the first 100 good records to sync on initial sync over to Constant Contact.
For testing, we will use our own test email, email@example.com, which is a Salesforce Contact and easy to review for testing purposes in both Salesforce and Constant Contact.
2. After placing your email or a few Contacts, Leads or Accounts into the 1 Salesforce Campaign you've just created, next head over to SyncApps and select your test Salesforce Campaign in Step 1 of your integration.
Or if using a Filter you can further pull specific records from the specific Salesforce Campaign selected in Step 1 of your Sync Profile (If adding Salesforce Person Accounts, please review link)
3. Be sure the "Email Opt-Out" field is visible on the Salesforce Account, Contact or Lead page layout. This allows for easy testing of unsubscribes from Constant Contact. SyncApps also allows unsubscribing from CRM to Constant Contact so this feature makes it easy for Sales to unsubscribe those in CRM which translates to each being unsubscribed from Constant Contact if the "Email Opt-Out" field is checked manually.
4. For testing purposes head back to Constant Contact to create and use an empty List in Constant Contact to integrate to as the Master List named in Step 2 of your integration. SyncApps can create the list automatically for you or you can do it manually. This list is needed to keep all Contacts in Constant Contact in sync no matter which List they are a part of when using SyncApps integrations.
Press Next to move to Step 3 and keep pressing Next until Step 5 then press “Finish”.
5. Next, on your Sync Profile page Press "Sync Now".
6. Head back over to check your Constant Contact Lists for the 1 Salesforce Campaign synced from Salesforce which creates its own Constant Contact List. The Master List will now contain the records you placed into the Salesforce Test Campaign or those records from the Filter you are testing against the Salesforce Test Campaign. For easy testing just test your own email which needs to be either a Lead in Salesforce for a Lead Sync Profile or a Contact in Salesforce for a Contact Sync Profile.
7. Now that you are in Constant Contact, next Create and Send an Email Campaign to your own email on the List which you have just synced for testing how the Campaign Responses or marketing metrics flow back from Constant Contact to Salesforce.
8. Once you have sent the Constant Contact test email head back to your Sync Profile and press Edit. In Step 1 of the integration select Sync Campaign Responses and then select the “Create Salesforce Campaign” feature or Activities, Notes.
Please note that when the feature “Sync Campaign Responses” is selected we automatically create the Constant Contact email metric fields in your Salesforce for marketing metrics like Opens, Clicks, Bounces, Links Clicked, and more. You just need to place each on the Salesforce layout for Contacts and Leads. Next, move to Step 2 and select the Specific Email Campaign to Sync feature in Step 2, choose the Email Campaign just sent & press Save.
9. Once on the Sync Profile page please press "Sync Now".
10. Head back to Salesforce to check the Salesforce record's Campaign History to see all metrics on the record (Opens, Clicks, Bounces, Forwards, URLs clicked or Email Events).
Double check, if needed, to make sure all fields are dragged onto the Campaign layout which are created automatically by Step 1 when you’ve selected the “Campaign Responses” feature.
11. Check your Sync Dashboard and select Reports to review details of each Sync run test.
12. Run again for your team to show how it works!
Note: Sync on Demand is available in the Free Trial with Scheduling available on paid plans. Sync is limited to 100 records, 100 Opt-outs, 1 Campaign per Free Trial period.
See our dedicated page for Constant Contact for Salesforce for all your questions.