By default any record in NetSuite whose Global Subscription status in NetSuite is "Soft-Opt Out" will not flow over to your Marketing Automation Solution.
Any new record added to NetSuite or a NetSuite Saved Searches set up in Step 1 of your integration will flow over if the Global Subscription status in NetSuite is "Soft-Opt In.
See some scenarios below:
Selection in your integration in Step 1 and Step 2 to manage these preferences for Opt-Out control.
Step 1: Unsubscribe opted-out Customers or Contacts in NetSuite from Constant Contact.
NOTE: A record is considered to be opted out if its Global Subscription Status is either Soft Opt-Out or Confirmed Opt-Out.
If this option is not checked then opted-out Customers or Contacts are simply ignored (not synced to Constant Contact).
Step 2: Do not sync unsubscribed email status to NetSuite.
By default, SyncApps will set opted-out status in NetSuite for unsubscribed emails. Please check this checkbox if you do not want unsubscribed emails status to be synced.
A scenario from Website to NetSuite flow:
In some cases in NetSuite, your Customers created from your eCommerce Website are created in NetSuite as Soft Opt-Out by Default.
The NetSuite features that can possibly resolve this issue are:
1. As Administrator navigates to Setup > Marketing > Marketing Preferences> General >Unsubscribed to Marketing By Default.
Check this box if you want new Customers, Employees, Partners, and Vendors to have their Global Subscription status set to Soft Opt-Out.
Clear this box if you want new records to have their Global Subscription status set to Soft Opt-In.
2. As Administrator navigate to Setup > Site Builder > Set Up WebSite > Shopping > Display Unsubscribe is to Email Checkbox on Registration Page.
Check this box if you want to give customers the option to unsubscribe from the email campaigns on the Web site when they register.
To set the default for this field in the site, set the marketing preference at Setup > Marketing > Marketing Preferences.
Anyone who was previously unsubscribed from the mailing list resubscribes will not automatically get transferred back into your Marketing Automation solution.
Here are some steps you need to take on your end to ensure that clients are back on the mailing list.
For this flow, once a record resubscribes in NetSuite and still, it's opted out in say Constant Contact or Mailchimp, we will try to sync them over but the API will not accept it and it will be shown as "Previously unsubscribed" in the SyncApps reports.
SyncApps cannot resubscribe records via due to CANSPAM rules. What you'll need to do in this case is to manually resubscribe the Contact(s) in Constant Contact, Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign or your software so that once the sync runs, we can reconnect/marry those records again.
The rule is it should be "Soft Opt-in"/"Confirmed Opt it" in NetSuite and should be marked as Subscribed in your Marketing Automation software.
Testing how unsubscribes works:
By default, when a Contact unsubscribes from your Marketing Automation software that will update the "Global Subscription Status" in NetSuite to "Soft Opt-out".
- Use a new Mailchimp Audience (empty)
- Create a NetSuite Saved Search (Contact or Customer) to control what email addresses should be synced to the Mailchimp Audience
- Input NetSuite Saved Search in Step 1 of the Sync Profile. Be sure that this NetSuite Saved Search has at least 1 record to test
- Input Mailchimp Audience (empty) in Step 2 of the Sync Profile
- Save Sync Profile
- Tap Sync Now: SyncApps will sync these NetSuite records in the Saved Search to Mailchimp
- Unsubscribe one of the records in Mailchimp that came from the NetSuite Saved Search
- Press Sync Now: SyncApps will set its Global Subscription Status to Soft Opt-Out in NetSuite
- Set one of the synced records in NetSuite to opted out (Soft Opt-Out)
- Tap Sync Now again: SyncApps will unsubscribe the contact in Mailchimp
This will completely test the unsubscribe functionality in SyncApps.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our Support Team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled.
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save hundreds of hours per year!