Before You Get Started
Did you set up your SyncApps account? If not, start here:
Check out some key documentation for Eventbrite with Salesforce integration:
- Mapping event fields from Eventbrite to Salesforce
- How to sync Eventbrite Custom Questions to Salesforce
Before setting up the integration, here are some important points to remember:
- Salesforce Classic and Lightning edition are both supported.
- Make sure that your Salesforce account is API enabled.
- Scheduling of integration or a Set Up is available on Free Trial and Paid plans (Step 5).
Let’s Get Started!
How to Set Up Your Eventbrite for Salesforce Integration
Setting up your Set Up (integration) is easy!
You are now setting up the integration, so enjoy 4 Full Weeks to test out all your use cases using all our features and integration capabilities.
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ records between Eventbrite and Salesforce
- Sync 1 or 1,000,000+ Events from Eventbrite to Salesforce
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of integration or a Set Up is available on Free Trial and Paid Plans (Step 5)
General Pre-Integration Steps
Log into your SyncApps account. This will land you in the SyncApps Dashboard. Head to Set-Ups and once you’ve selected the Set-Ups tab, tap the “Create Set Up” button.
Enter a name of your choice for your new Set Up as your identifier. Then for the Sync Type, select
Salesforce and Eventbrite.
Step 1: Salesforce Configuration
Select the preferred Authentication Type.
If "OAuth2" is selected, just tap the connect button and enter the credentials.
If the Username and Password option is selected, enter the Salesforce credentials together with your Salesforce security token.
A Salesforce Sandbox is a test account type that uses testing records so that the Sync won't affect your live or production records when you try the Sync process out. If you are testing records or requirements, and want your production records to remain unaltered, enable this option.
Sync Eventbrite Events to Salesforce Campaigns
- A Salesforce Campaign will be created for each Eventbrite event within the last 90 days. When you create an Email Event in Eventbrite, the registrant, if they're not in Salesforce as a Lead or Contact, will be automatically created and the event will be listed as a Campaign in their Salesforce record.
- Event Registration Date, Registration Status, Payment Status, and Guest Count all flow into the "Email Events" field only if "Use Separate Custom Fields for Event Marketing Fields" isn't checked. SyncApps will automatically create the field called "Email Events", so please place this field on the Campaign History layout.
- If "Use Separate Custom Fields for Event Marketing Fields" is selected Event Registration Date, Registration Status, Payment Status, and Guest Count are premapped in Step 4.
- If "Allow mapping Event Registrant details to Campaign Member custom fields" is checked, you can map new custom fields to Salesforce in Step 4 for an Event created in Eventbrite.
Use Separate Custom Fields for Event Marketing Fields
- By default, all event fields (Registration Status, Payment Status, Guest Count) are synced to the "Email Events" field. They are premapped in Step 4.
Map Event Registrant details to Campaign Member Custom Field
- Event registrant details will be mapped to the Campaign Member Custom Fields.
Map Custom Questions
- This option will enable your Eventbrite Custom Questions to be synced. Once this option is enabled, Custom Question Fields will be available for mapping in Step 4 under the Events tab.
- Don’t have any Eventbrite Custom Questions? See here on how to create yours. See Here
Campaign Record Type Name for Eventbrite Event
- Please enter an active campaign Record Type Name (not Campaign Type) to be used by SyncApps in campaign object creation.
- Record Types are supported in the Salesforce Enterprise edition only. Please note that Campaign Record Type is different from Campaign Type.
- This field is optional. If omitted, the default Record Type will be used.
Do not create a new Account if Contact's company name cannot be found in Salesforce
- By default, SyncApps will create a new Account if the company name does not exist in Salesforce. For Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) users we will set the Primary Affiliation field for Account/Company name.
After setting up in Step 1, hit the Next button.
Step 2: Eventbrite Configuration
Tap the Connect button then enter the Eventbrite credentials.
Step 3: Field Mapping
Basic Fields Premapped
Additional field mapping is optional. Basic Contact and Lead fields like the ones listed below are already mapped for you from your Eventbrite Registrants.
- Email Address
- Email Opt Out
- Account Name
- Event Registration Date
- Registration Status
- Payment Status
- Guest Count
Field mapping will not update existing Salesforce records due to the lack of Eventbrite webhooks yet if you use Mailchimp then this can update your existing Salesforce records.
Don't see the fields you need to map?
Step 4: Sync Scheduling
Finally, the last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
Tap the "Finish" button then Sync Now, and you're done.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to email@example.com | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Be sure to see one customer's story on how SyncApps helped them save 13 days per year of manually importing/exporting data!