Hello there! Are you new to SyncApps or just need to know how to put all the pieces together?
We’re here to help! We’ve crafted this article just for subscribers like you to help you understand how SyncApps works with your Constant Contact for Salesforce.
Before starting, take a look at our basic integration setup, as explained here:
Check out some key documentation for Constant Contact for Salesforce integration:
- Salesforce to Constant Contact dedicated page
- How Salesforce works with your Marketing Automation
- Best practice after setting up your Constant Contact integration for success in your Trial!
- Managing Custom Fields in Constant Contact
- Setting up Field Mapping with Constant Contact for Salesforce
- Pricing Questions: Free Plan
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
- Salesforce Classic and Lighting edition are both supported.
- Make sure that your Salesforce account is API enabled.
- Create a test list(s), Campaign(s) or records for testing purposes.
- Create test Master List in Constant Contact (this test Master List will be specified in Step 2 of the Sync Profile where you want your Salesforce records to be synced)
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans. (Step 6)
Let’s get started!
Setting up your Sync Profile
You are now setting up the integration, so we are giving you an EXTRA 2 Weeks Free on us! Enjoy 4 Full Weeks of our real-time, Enterprise plan integration.
- Unlimited Records sync between the software you connect
- Unlimited Opt-Out sync from your Marketing Automation solution
- Unlimited Campaigns/Marketing List/Tags/List Views/Saved Searches sync
- Unlimited Campaigns from your Marketing Automation solution of choice
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans (Step 6)
Once you’ve tapped the Sync Profiles tab, tap the “Create Sync Profile” button.
Enter any designated name for your new Sync Profile as your identifier. Then in Sync Type, select Salesforce to Constant Contact.
Need to know which plan has your integration? See here.
Step 1: Salesforce CRM
Enter your Salesforce account credentials such as your username, password, and Security Token.
Salesforce Sandbox is a test account type that uses testing records that will not affect your live or production records when syncing. If you are testing records or requirements but want your production records unaltered, enable this option.
Select the Object type to use. You can only use 1 Object type per Sync Profile. For example, if you’ll select Contact as the Object type, then only these types of records will be synced to/from Constant Contact.
Below are more options based on your requirements. Tap the plus (+) icon to view the options.
SYNC FROM SALESFORCE TO CONSTANT CONTACT
Do not sync Contacts, Leads or Accounts from Salesforce to Constant Contact
- If wanting to sync only the new records or existing records from Constant Contact, enable this option; One-way sync.
Unsubscribe opted-out Contacts, Leads or Accounts in Salesforce from Constant Contact
- If Contact or Lead Email Opt Out (HasOptedOutOfEmail) checkbox is checked in Salesforce, then the email address will be unsubscribed from Constant Contact.
If this option is not checked, then opted-out Contacts, Leads or Accounts are simply ignored (opt-out is not synced to Constant Contact).
Sync deleted Contacts, Leads or Accounts in Salesforce to Constant Contact
- If a Contact, Lead or Account is deleted, SyncApps will remove the email address from Constant Contact.
Delete converted Leads in Constant Contact
- If this option is checked when a Lead is converted to a Contact, the Lead email address will be removed from Constant Contact by SyncApps.
Sync Salesforce Campaign/List Members to Constant Contact List
- A List will be created in Constant Contact for each Salesforce Campaign (or Marketing List). If syncing Marketing List instead of Campaign(s), please download the Cazoomi Marketing List package.
Please note that ONLY those in the Marketing List or Campaign that were checked will be synced. If this option is not checked, then all Contacts or Leads will be synced.
If using Force.com licenses, try out the Cazoomi Marketing List as it only requires standard Contact and Lead objects.
Are you a Nonprofit using Salesforce? Try the Cazoomi Marketing List for adding Person Accounts to your Constant Contact Lists.
SYNC FROM CONSTANT CONTACT TO SALESFORCE
Use "Unknown" as the last name if blank, Use "Unknown" as the first name if blank.
- By default, last name and first name are both required fields. So, if these fields are blank, then the record will not be synced yet, providing an error. To fix this, just enable either of the mentioned options.
Sync Campaign Responses
- Enabling this feature will allow you to sync Constant Contact Marketing Metrics back to Salesforce such as opens, clicks, bounce, and links clicked.
First, you will need to set up the Salesforce layout as explained in this Help Center article: Campaign Layout.
There are different types of Campaign Response Sync Mode too, so set it up based on your requirement.
Sync Constant Contact Events
Events (EventSpot) in Constant Contact:
A Salesforce Campaign will be created for each Constant Contact event within the last 90 days. When you create an Email Event in Constant Contact, the registrant, if not in Salesforce as a Lead or Contact, will be automatically created and the Event is a Campaign on their Salesforce record.
If the Contact or Lead already exists in Salesforce, then the Event is simply a Campaign on their Salesforce record.
If syncing EventSpot, please note that SyncApps will sync to Salesforce the Registration Date, Registration Status, Payment Status, and Guest Count all into "Email Events" field only if "Use Separate Custom Fields for Event Marketing Fields" is not checked. SyncApps will automatically create the field called "Email Events", so please place this field on the Campaign History Layout.
If "Use Separate Custom Fields for Event Marketing Fields" is checked, then SyncApps will automatically create each separate field, so please place each field on the Campaign Member Layout. No field mapping is needed in Step 4 unless Order Total is mapped to a custom field on the Campaign Member layout.
If "Allow mapping Event Registrant details to Campaign Member custom fields" is checked, this means you can map the new custom fields to Salesforce you created in Step 4 for the Event created in Constant Contact.
If needing to migrate Campaign Emails sent, beyond a rolling 90 days, please contact us today to enable a paid migration Add-On for this requirement.
Have more questions about EventSpot? See here.
If done in Step 1 of the Sync Profile, hit next so that the configurations will be saved.
Step 2: Constant Contact
CONSTANT CONTACT CONFIGURATION
Connect your Constant Contact account in this step by tapping the “Connect” button. You will then be directed to the oAuth page that’ll log in to Constant Contact.
After which, enter the name of your Master List. Now, what is a Master List, and why do we need to define it in Step 2?
During the sync process, a new list with the specified name will be created in Constant Contact. Yet, you can still use the names of your existing lists in Constant Contact, if there are. Note that if you are to name the Master List the same name as an existing Constant Contact List, make sure to match the spelling 100% so as to not create a new list in Constant Contact but to marry to the existing one.
When adding new subscribers to any Constant Contact List, please note that only those in your "Master List" will be synced, or select from the following options; (Sync all active Contacts not just those in the specified Constant Contact List), to sync the specific Constant Contact subscribers to CRM.
Note: We require you to define a Master List because Constant Contact needs it in creating, updating, and removing records using its API.
For more options, tap the plus (+) icon. If you want to learn more about the features, hover over to the SyncNotes tooltips.
Do not sync unsubscribed emails status to Salesforce
- By default, SyncApps will set opted-out status in Salesforce for unsubscribed emails. Please check this checkbox if you do not want unsubscribed emails status to be synced.
Do not sync physical address data to Constant Contact
- Address data is a required field, so if it is blank, it will throw an error, and the record will not be synced. If you do not need to address data in Constant Contact, you can check this option.
Retrieve state name instead of state code
- If you enable "State and Country Picklists" in Salesforce, it will require entered data to match picklist values, which is the state name. For Constant Contact, SyncApps retrieves state code by default. This option can be checked to retrieve state name instead.
Do not sync new Contacts from Constant Contact to Salesforce (One-Way Sync)
- If you want the records to flow from Salesforce only and will not add new records from Constant Contact, you may check this option; One-way sync.
Sync all active Contacts not just those in the specified Constant Contact Master List
- By default, SyncApps only retrieves Contacts from the specified "Master List". Please check this option if you want to sync all active Contacts in your Constant Contact account.
If this option is checked, SyncApps will retrieve all contacts in Constant Contact and sync to Salesforce, creating new Salesforce records if the email address does not exist in Salesforce.
Step 3: Sync Add-Ons
Sync Add-Ons are optional. Available Add-Ons in Step 3 of the Sync Profile may depend on which Plan and integration you select.
Want to know which Sync Add-On fits your requirement? Give us a shout out today!
Step 4: Field Mapping
Field Mapping is optional. Basic fields such as Email address, Name, Title, Address, Company name, and Phone are already pre-mapped even if you haven’t enabled this Step. Otherwise, if you have more additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up here.
Managing your Constant Contact field is super simple! Please see the link below for more information on how to do it:
Step 5: Filtering and Segmentation
This Step is one of our most powerful features ever used by most of our subscribers. Like for example, you have 1000’s of records in your CRM then you only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, only these records will be synced to your Constant Contact Master List.
Step 6: Sync Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
Tap the Finish button and then Sync Now. More questions or hit any snags? You can always reach out to our 24/7 Support team.
Need some help?
Check out your options below to contact our Support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Why We Don't Have Instant Phone Support
SyncApps limits support to online means due to a few reasons, but mostly that integration issues can range from super easy to off the charts hard to solve. Deciding which type via phone or chat is tricky unless we get some much-needed information up front as we might have to involve multiple teams to get you the answers you need.
Not very ideal for instant phone support right.
- Online support and scheduled phone calls help keep SyncApps priced for small businesses, nonprofits, to even large enterprises, and keeps our Engineers busy building and maintaining the best iPaaS features for subscribers just like you.
- Online support also helps our multiple teams, from Engineering to Tier I, II & III Support, get the details needed to solve a given integration issue. Depending on the severity of the problem, our team will get you to the right resources like our easy to read Help Desk articles, How-To videos, or schedule a call to get your integration questions answered or problems solved so that your organization does not miss a beat integrating your organization’s lifeblood, your data.
- Instant Chat support is evaluated on a case by case basis and can be turned on by our support teams when needed for anyone needing instant answers while in the integration.
Check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save 100s of hours per year!
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.