Thanks for stopping by today.
We’ve crafted this article for you to help you understand how SyncApps works with your Constant Contact for NetSuite integration.
Before starting, take a look at our basic integration setup, as explained here:
Check out some key documentation for Constant Contact for NetSuite integration:
- NetSuite Basic Records Flow
- NetSuite Permissions for SyncApps Integration
- How Marketing Metrics Work with NetSuite
- NetSuite Best Practice
- Managing Custom Fields in Constant Contact
- NetSuite Authentication Types for Sync Profile Setup
- Pricing Questions
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
- Make sure that your NetSuite Roles/Permissions and Authentication (2FA is suggested) are set. If you're using Token-Based Authentication, check the article here: How to Setup NetSuite Token-Based Authentication as Authentication Type
- Create a test Saved Search, Subscription, or records for testing purposes.
- Create a test Email List in Constant Contact (this test Main List will be specified in Step 2 of the Sync Profile where you want your NetSuite records to be synced).
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans. (Step 6)
Let’s Get Started!
Setting up your Sync Profile
Setting up your Sync Profile (integration) is super simple!
See the video below on how to set up Constant Contact for NetSuite.
Setting up your Sync Profile (integration) is easy! Looking for a Quick Setup Guided Tour?
You are now setting up the integration, so we are giving you an EXTRA 2 Weeks Free on us!
Enjoy 4 Full Weeks to test out all your use cases using all our features and integration capabilities.
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Records sync between Constant Contact and NetSuite for Customers, Contacts, Vendors, Employees, and more
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Opt-Outs between Constant Contact and NetSuite records
- Robust Use Case Filtering and Segmentation, NetSuite Subscriptions, and Saved Searches integration
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Campaigns (Marketing Metrics such as opens, clicks, bounces, and URLs clicked) from Constant Contact back to NetSuite Custom Records
- Custom Field Mapping for any type of use case between both software
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans (Step 6)
Logging in to your SyncApps account will land you the SyncApps Dashboard. Head to Sync Profiles and Once you’ve selected the Sync Profiles tab, tap the “Create Sync Profile” button.
Enter any designated name for your new Sync Profile as your identifier. Then in Sync Type, select NetSuite to Constant Contact.
Step 1: NetSuite
Enter your NetSuite account credentials using (TBA) Token-Based Authentication, please see the article below on how to do it:
Gather your information such as your Account ID, Username, Password, and Application ID, if using the "Username and Password" Authentication type, which we also support.
You can use a NetSuite Sandbox, which is really just a test account type that replicates your live NetSuite account. It uses testing records that will not affect your live or production records when syncing. If you are testing records or requirements and want your production records to remain unaltered, enable this option.
Select the "Records to Sync", options are All Contacts, Specific NetSuite Saved Searches, Specific NetSuite Contact Subscriptions, and Specific NetSuite Customer Subscriptions.
You can only use 1 "Records to Sync" per Sync Profile. For example, if you select "All Contacts" as the "Records to Sync", then all the Contact type records in your NetSuite database will be synced to and from Constant Contact.
Most use Saved Searches and NetSuite Subscriptions to segment their data to Constant Contact Lists automatically.
Unsubscribe opted-out Customers or Contacts in NetSuite from Constant Contact
- A record is considered to be opted out if its Global Subscription Status is either Soft Opt-Out or Confirmed Opt-Out.
- If this option is not checked then opted-out Customers or Contacts are simply ignored (not synced to Constant Contact).
- If this option is checked then in Constant Contact every record will be marked as Unsubscribed who is currently Soft-Opt Out in NetSuite on their Global Subscription Status. And each record will be removed from all Constant Contact Lists.
Sync deleted Contacts or Customers in NetSuite to Constant Contact
- If a Customer or Contact is deleted, SyncApps will remove the email address from the Constant Contact Main List. This feature will only take effect If using “All Contacts” under “Records to Sync” is selected.
Sync Email Marketing Data
- If this option is checked, email marketing data (opens, clicks, and links clicked metrics) will be synced to a Custom Record in NetSuite.
- The custom record will be created automatically by SyncApps and capture data for 30 days after a campaign is initiated. If you need more than 30 days of data we have an Add-On for 90 days, 180 days, and Unlimited data. Please reach out to your support rep to find out more.
- Email Marketing Campaign metrics land on the custom subtab on the NetSuite Customer/Contact record. The NetSuite custom subtab name can be changed to meet your needs in NetSuite. Check out this article here: How to see your Marketing Automation Solution metrics in NetSuite
New Subscriber Object Type
- Please select what NetSuite object type to be created when a new record is created in Constant Contact.
Always create Customer or Lead as Company if Company Name is defined
- By default, SyncApps will create Customers or Leads as individuals if a Full Name is defined. This feature, if enabled, will create a Customer or Lead as Company even if a Full Name is present as long as the Company Name is also defined.
Replace UTF-16 characters with blank
- Emojis and other special characters with UTF-16 encoding are not supported by the NetSuite API. Enabling this feature will replace those characters with a blank space during sync to avoid errors.
Use Email Address as Entity ID (Name) for new Contact or Customer
- By default, SyncApps will use First Name + Last Name for Contact Name and Company Name as Customer Name. If this option is checked SyncApps will use an email address instead.
Default Subsidiary (for NetSuite OneWorld user only)
- For NetSuite OneWorld user please enter the default subsidiary name for new Customer or Contact created by SyncApps, otherwise, Customer or Contact creation will fail.
- In some cases, a subscriber will create a Sync Profile for each NetSuite Subsidiary that they want to integrate. To make sure that each Sync Profile syncs with its assigned Subsidiary please be sure to only use a NetSuite role with NetSuite Subsidiary access and also create a separate NetSuite role to reach NetSuite Subsidiaries assigned.
If done in Step 1 of the Sync Profile, hit next so that the configurations will be saved.
Step 2: Constant Contact
Connect your Constant Contact account in this step by tapping the “Connect” button. You will then be directed to the oAuth page that’ll log in to Constant Contact.
After which, enter or select the name of your Main List from the dropdown of Lists.
What is the Main List, and why do we need to define it in Step 2?
During the sync process, a new list with the specified name will be created in Constant Contact if you name a new one. Yet, you can still use the names of your existing lists in Constant Contact by selecting on in the dropdown List menu.
When adding new subscribers to any Constant Contact List, please note that only those in your "Main List" will be synced, or select from the following options; (Sync all active Contacts not just those in the specified Constant Contact List), to sync the specific Constant Contact subscribers to CRM.
Do not filter role email addresses
- By default SyncApps does not allow invalid email addresses that contain these patterns as mostly they are system generated emails:
- abuse@.*, .*admin@.*, all@.*, everyone@.*, ftp@.*, investorrelations@.*, jobs@.*, marketing@.*, media@.*, noc@.*, postmaster@.*, prime@.*, privacy@.*, remove@.*, request@.*, root@.*, sales@.*, security@.*, .*spam.*@.*, subscribe@.*, usenet@.*, users@.*, uucp@.*, webmaster@.*, www@.*, *@yahoogroups.com, *@googlegroups.com, noreply@.*, *@example.com
- Need to sync these to your Marketing Automation Solution? enable this option.
Sync from specific Lists
- Once this feature is enabled then you can be able to sync your Email Contact(s) back to NetSuite as Contact(s), Lead(s), or Customer(s).
- Check out this article here: Sync Specific List(s) from Constant Contact to CRM, Accounting, and Financials
For more options, tap “More Options”. If you want to learn more about the features, hover over to the SyncNotes tooltips (i).
Do not sync unsubscribed emails status to NetSuite
- By default, SyncApps will set opted-out status in NetSuite for unsubscribed emails to Soft Opt-Out. Please check this checkbox if you do not want unsubscribed emails status to be synced.
Do not sync physical address data to Constant Contact
- If you do not need address data in Constant Contact, you can check this option.
Retrieve State name instead of State Abbreviation
- By default, SyncApps retrieve State Abbreviation. This option can be checked to retrieve the State name instead.
Do not sync new Contacts from Constant Contact to NetSuite (One-Way Sync)
- New Constant Contact records will not be synced to NetSuite.
Sync all active Contacts not just those in the specified Constant Contact Main List
- By default, SyncApps only retrieves Contacts from the specified Main List. Please check this option if you want to sync all active Contacts.
If done in Step 2 of the Sync Profile, hit next so that the configurations will be saved.
Step 3: Add-Ons
Sync Add-Ons are optional. Available Add-Ons in Step 3 of the Sync Profile may depend on which Plan and integration you select.
Check out this video on How Add-Ons work:
Step 4: Field Mapping
Field Mapping is optional. Basic fields such as Email Address, Name, Title, Address, Company Name, and Phone are already pre-mapped even if you haven’t enabled this Step. Otherwise, if you have more additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up here.
Managing your Constant Contact field is super simple! Please see the link below for more information on how to do it:
Check out this video on How Field Mapping Works:
Step 5: Filtering and Segmentation
This Step is one of our most powerful features ever used by most of our subscribers. For example, if you have thousands of records in NetSuite and you only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, only these records will be synced to your Constant Contact Lists.
Check out this video on How Filtering and Segmentation Works:
Step 6: Sync Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
Check out this video on How Scheduling Works:
Tap the Finish button and then Sync Now. More questions or hit any snags? You can always reach out to our 24/7 Support team.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our Support Team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to email@example.com | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled.
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save hundreds of hours per year!