Hello there! Are you new to SyncApps or just need to know how to put all the pieces together?
We’re here to help! We’ve crafted this article just for subscribers like you to help you understand how SyncApps works with your Constant Contact for NetSuite.
Before starting, take a look at our basic integration setup, as explained here:
Check out some key documentation for Constant Contact for NetSuite integration:
- NetSuite Basic Records flow
- NetSuite Permissions for SyncApps integration
- How Marketing Metrics work with NetSuite
- NetSuite Best Practice
- Managing Custom Fields in Constant Contact
- NetSuite Authentication Types for Sync Profile Setup
- Pricing Queries
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
- Make sure that your NetSuite Roles/Permissions and Authentication (2FA is suggested) are set.
- Create a test Saved Search, Subscription, or records for testing purposes.
- Create test Email List in Constant Contact (this test Master List/Main List will be specified in Step 2 of the Sync Profile where you want your NetSuite records to be synced)
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans. (Step 6)
Let’s get started!
Setting up your Sync Profile
You are now setting up the integration, so we are giving you an EXTRA 2 Weeks Free on us! Enjoy 4 Full Weeks of our real-time, Enterprise plan integration.
- Unlimited Records sync between the software you connect
- Unlimited Opt-Out sync from your Marketing Automation solution
- Unlimited Campaigns/Marketing List/Tags/List Views/Saved Searches sync
- Unlimited Campaigns from your Marketing Automation solution of choice
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans (Step 6)
Once you’ve tapped the Sync Profiles tab, tap the “Create Sync Profile” button.
Enter any designated name for your new Sync Profile as your identifier. Then in Sync Type, select NetSuite to Constant Contact.
Need to know which plan has your integration? See here.
Step 1: NetSuite
Enter your NetSuite account credentials such as your Account ID, Username, Password, and Application ID since we used the "Username and Password" for Authentication type.
NetSuite Sandbox is a test account type that uses testing records that will not affect your live or production records when syncing. If you are testing records or requirements but want your production records unaltered, enable this option.
Select the "Records to Sync", options are All Contacts, Specific NetSuite Saved Searches, Specific NetSuite Contact Subscriptions, and Specific NetSuite Customer Subscriptions.
You can only use 1 "Records to Sync" per Sync Profile. For example, if you’ll select "All Contacts" as the "Records to Sync", then all the Contact type records in your NetSuite database will be synced to/from Constant Contact.
Remove opted-out Customers or Contacts in NetSuite from Constant Contact.
Record is considered to be opted out if its Global Subscription Status is either Soft Opt-Out or Confirmed Opt-Out.
If this option is not checked, then opted-out Customers or Contacts are simply ignored (not synced to Constant Contact).
Sync deleted Contacts or Customers in NetSuite to Constant Contact
Below are more options based on your requirements. Tap the plus (+) icon to view the options.
Sync Email Marketing Data
If this option is checked, email marketing data (opens, clicks, and links clicked metrics) will be synced to a custom record in NetSuite.
The custom record will be created automatically by SyncApps and capture data for 30 days after a campaign is initiated.
Email Marketing Campaign metrics land on the custom subtab on the NetSuite Customer/Contact record. The NetSuite custom subtab name can be changed to meet your needs in NetSuite. Please see here
Replace UTF-16 characters with blank
New Subscriber Object Type
Use Email Address as Entity ID (Name) for new Contact or Customer
- For NetSuite OneWorld users, please enter default subsidiary name for new Customer or Contact created by SyncApps, otherwise, Customer or Contact creation will fail. In some cases, a subscriber will create a Sync Profile for each NetSuite Subsidiary that they want to integrate. To make sure that each Sync Profile syncs with its assigned Subsidiary, please be sure to only use a NetSuite role with NetSuite Subsidiary access and also create a separate NetSuite role for reach NetSuite Subsidiaries assigned.
Note: Default subsidiary is only used for new record creation in NetSuite.
Connect your Constant Contact account in this step by tapping the “Connect” button. You will then be directed to the oAuth page that’ll log in to Constant Contact.
After which, enter the name of your Master List. Now, what is a Master List, and why do we need to define it in Step 2?
During the sync process, a new list with the specified name will be created in Constant Contact. Yet, you can still use the names of your existing lists in Constant Contact, if there are. Note that if you are to name the Master List the same name as an existing Constant Contact List, make sure to match the spelling 100% so as to not create a new list in Constant Contact but to marry to the existing one.
When adding new subscribers to any Constant Contact List, please note that only those in your "Master List" will be synced, or select from the following options; (Sync all active Contacts not just those in the specified Constant Contact List), to sync the specific Constant Contact subscribers to CRM.
Note: We require you to define a Master List because Constant Contact needs it in creating, updating, and removing records using its API.
For more options, tap the plus (+) icon. If you want to learn more about the features, hover over to the SyncNotes tooltips (i).
- New Constant Contact records will not be synced to NetSuite.
Sync all active Contacts not just those in the specified Constant Contact Master List
Sync Add-Ons are optional. Available Add-Ons in Step 3 of the Sync Profile may depend on which Plan and integration you select.
Want to know which Sync Add-On fits your requirement? Give us a shout out today!
Step 4: Add-Ons
Field Mapping is optional. Basic fields such as Email address, Name, Title, Address, Company name, and Phone are already pre-mapped even if you haven’t enabled this step. Otherwise, if you have more additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up here.
Managing your Constant Contact field is super simple! Please see the link below for more information on how to do it:
Step 5: Filtering and Segmentation
This step is one of our most powerful features ever used by most of our subscribers. Like for example, you have 1000’s of records in your CRM then you only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, only these records will be synced to your Constant Contact Master List.
Step 6: Sync Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
Tap the Finish button and then Sync Now. More questions or hit any snags? You can always reach out to our 24/7 Support team.
Need some help?
Check out your options below to contact our Support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Why We Don't Have Instant Phone Support
SyncApps limits support to online means due to a few reasons, but mostly that integration issues can range from super easy to off the charts hard to solve. Deciding which type via phone or chat is tricky unless we get some much-needed information up front as we might have to involve multiple teams to get you the answers you need.
Not very ideal for instant phone support right.
- Online support and scheduled phone calls help keep SyncApps priced for small businesses, nonprofits, to even large enterprises, and keeps our Engineers busy building and maintaining the best iPaaS features for subscribers just like you.
- Online support also helps our multiple teams, from Engineering to Tier I, II & III Support, get the details needed to solve a given integration issue. Depending on the severity of the problem, our team will get you to the right resources like our easy to read Help Desk articles, How-To videos, or schedule a call to get your integration questions answered or problems solved so that your organization does not miss a beat integrating your organization’s lifeblood, your data.
- Instant Chat support is evaluated on a case by case basis and can be turned on by our support teams when needed for anyone needing instant answers while in the integration.
Check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save 100s of hours per year!
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.