Setting up Quickbooks Online with Constant Contact is super easy! The Flowchart below represents how the records flow from Quickbooks Online to Constant Contact and vice versa.
When the sync runs, Customer A, B, and C will be created as new records in the specified Constant Contact Main List (Email List) if the record does not exist in Constant Contact at the time syncing.
To go even further, you can use our Filtering and Segmentation feature to segment QuickBooks Online records to specific lists in Constant Contact based on the filters you choose such as their Birthday or Past Due balance and more.
If you are using landing pages to drive your business, then when a prospect fills out a form on your site and lands in the specified Constant Contact Main List, it will be created as a new Customer in Quickbooks Online.
Before starting, take a look at our basic integration setup, as explained here:
Check out some key documentation for Constant Contact for Quickbooks Online integration:
- QuickBooks Online International Versions support
- Managing Custom Fields in Constant Contact
- Remove Inactive or deleted Customers from Constant Contact for QuickBooks Online
- Pricing Questions: Free Plan
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
- Available to Quickbooks Online version only.
- Create test records for Filtering and Segmentation.
- Create test Main List in Constant Contact (this test Main List will be specified in Step 2 of the Sync Profile where you want your Quickbooks Online records to be synced)
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans. (Step 5)
Let’s get started!
Setting up your Sync Profile
Setting up your Sync Profile (integration) is super simple! Looking for more Quick Setup Guided Tour please search in our YouTube playlist here.
You are now setting up the integration, so we are giving you an EXTRA 2 Weeks Free on us! Enjoy 4 Full Weeks of our real-time, Enterprise plan integration.
- Unlimited Records sync between the software you connect
- Unlimited Opt-Out sync from your Marketing Automation solution
- Unlimited Campaigns/Marketing List/Tags/List Views/Saved Searches sync
- Unlimited Campaigns from your Marketing Automation solution of choice
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans (Step 5)
Need more help in setting up your integration? Book a call with our SyncApps integration expert today!
Once you’ve tapped the Sync Profiles tab, tap the “Create Sync Profile” button.
Enter any designated name for your new Sync Profile as your identifier. Then in Sync Type, select Quickbooks Online to Constant Contact.
Step 1: Quickbooks Online
Connect to your Quickbooks account by tapping the " Connect to Quickbooks" then enter your Quickbooks credentials. This will then lead you back to Step 1 of the Sync Profile.
Remove inactive/deleted Customers from Constant Contact
- If a Customer is made inactive, SyncApps will remove the email address from Constant Contact.
Step 2: Constant Contact
CONSTANT CONTACT CONFIGURATION
Connect your Constant Contact account in this step by tapping the “Connect” button. You will then be directed to the oAuth page that’ll log in to Constant Contact.
After which, enter the name of your Main List. Now, what is a Main List, and why do we need to define it in Step 2?
During the sync process, a new list with the specified name will be created in Constant Contact. Yet, you can still use the names of your existing lists in Constant Contact, if there are. Note that if you are to name the Main List the same name as an existing Constant Contact List, make sure to match the spelling 100% so as to not create a new list in Constant Contact but to marry to the existing one.
When adding new subscribers to any Constant Contact List, please note that only those in your "Main List" will be synced, or select from the following options; (Sync all active Contacts not just those in the specified Constant Contact List), to sync the specific Constant Contact subscribers to Quickbooks Online.
Note: We require you to define a Main List because Constant Contact needs it in creating, updating, and removing records using its API.
Do not sync physical address data to Constant Contact
- Address data is a required field, so if it is blank, it will throw an error, and the record will not be synced. If you do not need to address data in Constant Contact, you can check this option.
Retrieve state name instead of state code
- If you enable "State and Country Picklists" in Quickbooks Online it will require entered data to match picklist values, which is the state name. For Constant Contact, SyncApps retrieves state code by default. This option can be checked to retrieve state name instead.
Do not sync new Contacts from Constant Contact to Quickbooks Online(One-Way Sync)
- If you want the records to flow from Quickbooks Online only and will not add new records from Constant Contact, you may check this option; One-way sync.
Sync all active Contacts not just those in the specified Constant Contact Main List
- By default, SyncApps only retrieves Contacts from the specified "Main List". Please check this option if you want to sync all active Contacts in your Constant Contact account.
If this option is checked, SyncApps will retrieve all contacts in Constant Contact and sync to Quickbooks Online, creating new Quickbooks Online records if the email address does not exist in Quickbooks Online.
Step 3: Field Mapping
Field Mapping is optional. Basic fields such as Email address, Name, Title, Address, Company name, and Phone are already pre-mapped even if you haven’t enabled this Step. Otherwise, if you have more additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up here.
Managing your Constant Contact field is super simple! Please see the link below for more information on how to do it:
Step 4: Filtering and Segmentation
This Step is one of our most powerful features ever used by most of our subscribers. Like for example, you have 1000’s of records in your CRM then you only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, only these records will be synced to your Constant Contact Main List.
Step 5: Sync Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
Tap the Finish button and then Sync Now. More questions or hit any snags? You can always reach out to our 24/7 Support team.
Need some help?
Check out your options below to contact our Support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to email@example.com | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Why We Don't Have Instant Phone Support
SyncApps limits support to online means due to a few reasons, but mostly that integration issues can range from super easy to off the charts hard to solve. Deciding which type via phone or chat is tricky unless we get some much-needed information up front as we might have to involve multiple teams to get you the answers you need.
Not very ideal for instant phone support right.
- Online support and scheduled phone calls help keep SyncApps priced for small businesses, nonprofits, to even large enterprises, and keeps our Engineers busy building and maintaining the best iPaaS features for subscribers just like you.
- Online support also helps our multiple teams, from Engineering to Tier I, II & III Support, get the details needed to solve a given integration issue. Depending on the severity of the problem, our team will get you to the right resources like our easy to read Help Desk articles, How-To videos, or schedule a call to get your integration questions answered or problems solved so that your organization does not miss a beat integrating your organization’s lifeblood, your data.
- Instant Chat support is evaluated on a case by case basis and can be turned on by our support teams when needed for anyone needing instant answers while in the integration.
Check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save 100s of hours per year!
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.