Before You Get Started
Did you set up your SyncApps account? If not, start here:
Want the bird's eye view first? Check out some key documentation for Constant Contact with Zoho integration:
- Sync Zoho CRM Opt-Outs to Constant Contact
- Email Campaign metrics back to Zoho CRM Campaigns or Campaign Response Fields?
- Can we sync categories from Zoho CRM to Constant Contact?
- Available Pricing Plans for Zoho CRM with Constant Contact
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
- Zoho CRM OAuth Supported.
- In Zoho CRM, make sure you have created some records for TESTING purposes so that the Production records will be untouched during the Free Trial.
- Create a Test Campaign or List View. You may use the Filtering and Segmentation feature as an alternative to segment the list in Constant Contact.
- In Constant Contact, create a Main List as you will specify this in Step 2 of the Set Up.
- Scheduling of a Set Up is available on both Free Trial and plans. (Step 6)
Let’s Get Started!
How to Set Up Your Constant Contact for Zoho CRM Integration
You are now setting up the integration, so enjoy 4 Full Weeks to test out all your use cases using all our features and integration capabilities.
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ records sync between Constant Contact and Zoho CRM
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Opt-Outs from your Constant Contact
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Campaigns/Tags/List Views
- Integrate 1 - 1,000,000+ Campaigns from your Constant Contact and Zoho CRM
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Set Up is available on both Free Trial and plans (Step 6)
General Pre-Integration Steps
Log into your SyncApps account. This will land you in the SyncApps Dashboard. Head to Set-Ups and tap the “Create Set Up” button once you've selected the Set-Ups tab.
Enter a name of your choice for your new Set Up as your identifier. Then for the Sync Type, select
Zoho CRM to Constant Contact.
Step 1: Zoho CRM Configuration
Use the "OAuth2" to connect to Zoho CRM API V2 then tap the "Authorize access to Zoho CRM".
This is a Zoho EU (www.zoho.eu) | Zoho Australia (www.zoho.com.au) | Zoho India (www.zoho.in) account
- If your Zoho CRM account is an EU account, then check this. If not, then leave it unchecked.
Module Type to Sync
- Please select the Module Type to Sync for your needs, and if needing to sync more than 1 module type setup, or another Set Up, select the Module Type to Sync required.
- Please note that when the Contact Module Type to Sync is selected, integrating Zoho CRM Account fields (Contact's Account) is possible in the Step 4 Field Mapping area. See more here.
- We do not support the Account module because it does not have an email address in CRM, yet if you surface the Account fields you need on the Contact record, you will be able to map each in Field Mapping Step 4.
Zoho CRM Account Time Zone
- To get the account time zone, please log in to your Zoho CRM account using the above username and password and go to Setup > Personal Settings > Account Information. You will see time zone information on the page.
There are several Sync Modes available. You may only select one per Set Up, but you may change it later on if desired:
Sync All Contacts or Leads
- All contacts or Leads will be synced to your Constant Contact from the word itself. Let's say you've selected Contacts as the Module Type; then all Contacts will be synced.
All Active Campaigns
- All Zoho CRM Campaigns that are marked as "Active" will only be the ones that will be synced to Constant Contact. These Active Campaigns will then be created into separate Groups under the specified Constant Contact List.
- All Campaigns, whether Active or inactive, will be synced to Constant Contact. These Campaigns will then be created into separate List(s) under the specified Constant Contact List.
Sync Specific Campaigns
- Only the selected Campaigns will be synced to Constant Contact. These Campaigns will then be created into separate List(s) under the specified Constant Contact Main List.
Sync Specific List Views
- Specific List Views will only be the ones that will be synced to Constant Contact. These List Views will then be created into separate List(s) under the specified Constant Contact Main List.
Want to Integrate Marketing Metrics into Zoho CRM? Select this feature
- To understand which Campaign Response Method to use, please tap the button below for reference: Email Campaign metrics back to Zoho CRM Campaigns
- For Constant Contact Subscribers, we now support Autoresponders.
Use CRM checkbox field(s) for Constant Contact List segmentation
- You can create each of your List(s) (checkboxes on your Constant Contact form) as also checkboxes on the Lead or Contact record in Zoho CRM, then set up in your Set Up to match them in Step 1.
- Each Checkbox field must be named verbatim and spelled correctly to match the existing List(s) in Constant Contact.
- Please also note that if this option is selected, please disable the Constant Contact Main List(s) Option. This will create conflict if both Checkbox Sync and Constant Contact List(s) are enabled during syncing. Please choose Constant Contact List(s) instead.
Retrieve Contact/Account Potentials
- If this option is checked, Potentials fields will be available on the mapping configuration.
- This feature may need many API calls if you have a large number of Potentials.
- Please note that it may cause an exceeding API limit issue if you have a large number of potentials. For example, larger than 10,000.
If you're done with Step 1 of the Set Up, hit next so that the configurations will be saved.
Step 2: Constant Contact Configuration
Connect your Constant Contact account in this step by tapping the “Connect” button. You will then be directed to the oAuth page that’ll log in to Constant Contact.
After which, enter the name of your Main List. Now, what is the Main List, and why do we need to define it in Step 2?
During the sync process, a new list with the specified name will be created in Constant Contact. Yet, you can still use the names of your existing lists in Constant Contact if there are. Note that if you are to name the Main List the same name as an existing Constant Contact List, make sure to match the spelling 100% so as to not create a new list in Constant Contact but to marry to the existing one.
When adding new subscribers to any Constant Contact List, please note that only those in your "Main List" will be synced or selected from the following options; (Sync all active Contacts, not just those in the specified Constant Contact List) to sync the specific Constant Contact subscribers to CRM.
Want to remove records from your Constant Contact Lists when they no longer meet the segmentation criteria in Step 1 or Step 5 (Filtering and Segmentation) of the Set Up?
- Please note that using this feature will delete the record from all Lists in Constant Contact. If this feature is not selected, the Full Sync will just remove the records from Constant Contact Lists that are being synced, not any others, as the contact is not fully removed from Constant Contact.
Do not filter role email addresses
- By default, SyncApps does not allow invalid email addresses that contain these patterns as mostly they are system generated emails:
- abuse@.*, .*admin@.*, all@.*, everyone@.*, ftp@.*, investorrelations@.*, jobs@.*, marketing@.*, media@.*, noc@.*, postmaster@.*, prime@.*, privacy@.*, remove@.*, request@.*, root@.*, sales@.*, security@.*, .*spam.*@.*, subscribe@.*, usenet@.*, users@.*, uucp@.*, webmaster@.*, www@.*, *@yahoogroups.com, *@googlegroups.com, noreply@.*, *@example.com
- Need to sync these to your Marketing Automation Solution? enable this option.
Sync Contacts from specific Constant Contact list(s) to Zoho CRM
- Once this feature is enabled, your Contact(s) on each specific List selected will sync back to CRM, Accounting, and Financials as Contact(s), Lead(s), or Customer(s), depending on your selection in Step 1.
- What this also means is any email sent from Constant Contact to a record in your Main List will always flow back to CRM, yet unless you have checked the "Sync from specific Lists" feature, the records sent to Campaigns outside your Main List will not flow back to CRM as the Campaign is not sent to that List or its records.
- Choose this feature to bring back records and Campaigns outside your Main List to each specified List you choose. See more details here
Sync All Constant Contact Campaign Recipient
- Enabling this feature will allow SyncApps to Sync Contacts that are not in the Main List and/or in the selected Specific Lists (if Sync from specific Lists is enabled) by using the List recipient of each Campaign.
Campaign Response Sync Selection
- Once selected and after sending an Email Campaign, you will need to come back into SyncApps to edit this Set Up and select the Constant Contact Email Campaigns you would like to sync back to Zoho CRM.
- By default, SyncApps will only retrieve Campaign Responses until 30 days after the Campaign is sent. Need to retrieve Campaign Responses past the 30-day limit for Campaign Responses retrieval? Upgrade to Enterprise Plan.
All Constant Contact Campaigns
- All Constant Contact Campaigns under your Main List will be synced to Zoho CRM if you have enabled the Sync Campaign Response option in Step 1.
Sync Specific Campaigns
- Only the selected Constant Contact Campaigns under your specified Main List will be synced back to Zoho CRM.
If done in Step 2 of the Set Up, hit next so that the configurations will be saved.
Step 3: Full Sync Add-On
The Full Sync Add-On applies to CRM and eCommerce platforms and can be used in trials and plans. The CRM must have List integration to be able to use Full Sync.
In our article here, read more about how the Full Sync Feature can automate your contact management.
The Full Sync can be scheduled in Step 3 to Manual, Daily, or Weekly.
It allows you to keep your systems trued up with ease.
Step 4: Field Mapping
Field Mapping is optional. Basic fields such as Email address, Name, Title, Address, Company Name, Phone, and Email Opt Out are already pre-mapped even if you haven’t enabled this Step. Otherwise, if you have more additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up here.
Managing your Constant Contact field is super simple! Please see the link below for more information on how to do it:
Step 5: Filtering and Segmentation
This step is one of the most powerful features ever used by most of our subscribers. For example, if you have 1000’s records in your CRM and only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, only these records will be synced to your Constant Contact Main List.
Step 6: Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
More Options for Your Constant Contact for Zoho CRM Integration
Do you want to unsubscribe existing Constant Contact Contacts or Leads who are marked as Opted Out in Zoho CRM? Select this feature
- If this option is enabled, SyncApps will remove Contacts or Leads from the Constant Contact Main List(s) named in Step 2 that are flagged as opted-out in Zoho CRM.
- If this option is not checked, then opted-out Contacts or Leads will be simply ignored (not synced to Constant Contact).
Sync deleted Contacts or Leads in Zoho CRM to Constant Contact
- SyncApps will remove the email address from the Constant Contact Main List(s) if a Contact or Lead is deleted in Zoho CRM.
- Are you using Campaign(s) / List View(s) and want them to be removed from matching List(s) in Constant Contact Main? Use our Full Sync Add-On feature today!
- How it works
Use Zoho CRM Query API when populating Accounts information
SyncApps will use the standard Records API when populating Accounts information by default if mapped in Step 4 Field Mapping and/or used as a filter in Step 5 Filtering and Segmentation.
COQL uses fewer API calls than the standard Records API. However, COQL has lots of limitations. The following are not supported in COQL:
- Territory fields
- Subform module and subform fields
- Linking modules
- Multi-Select lookup fields
- Line items(Pricing_Details and Product_Details) in Price Books and Quotes modules
- Participants field in the Events module
- File Upload fields
In addition, COQL only allows a maximum of 50 fields. This is not ideal if you have more than 50 fields in your Zoho CRM Accounts module. Please see the following article for more details.
Using Records API will allow SyncApps to retrieve Accounts information without limitations but with a higher API cost.
Execute workflow trigger on new Contact or Lead creation
In Zoho CRM integration, we set the wftrigger for Contact or Lead update (opt-out, bounce, etc, including the following:
- Update opted-out status
- Update hard bounced status
- Update bounce reason
- We also defaulted the wftrigger on Campaign Response sync to Zoho Custom Modules. For more
Execute workflow trigger on Contact or Lead update
On Contact or Lead creation, use "Unknown" as the last name if the last name is blank
- If a new record lands in Zoho CRM from your Constant Contact Main List(s) with a blank Last Name, Zoho CRM will reject the record, as the Last Name is a required field in Zoho CRM. Please enable this option if you still want the record to be synced without the Last Name.
Constant Contact for Zoho CRM Flow
Do not sync unsubscribed emails status to Zoho CRM
- By default, SyncApps will set the opted-out status in Zoho CRM for unsubscribed emails. Please check this checkbox if you do not want unsubscribed email status to be synced.
Do not sync physical address data to Constant Contact
- You can check this option if you do not need to address data in Constant Contact.
Do not sync Company Name from Zoho CRM
- Company Name is mapped by default. Enabling this feature will disable the mapping.
Retrieve State name instead of State Abbreviation
- By default, SyncApps retrieves State Abbreviation. This option can be checked to retrieve the State name instead.
Do not sync new Contacts from Constant Contact to Zoho CRM (One-Way sync)
- By default, when a new record lands in your Constant Contact Main List, it will be synced to Zoho CRM. If you do not want to sync new records to be synced to Zoho CRM, select this option.
Sync all active Contacts, not just those in the specified Constant Contact Main List
- By default, SyncApps only retrieves Contacts from the specified "Main List" named. Please check this option if you want to sync all active Contacts.
- Please note that enabling this option might cause the "API limit exceeded error" in Zoho CRM on initial sync if you have a Contacts number in Constant Contact greater than your Zoho CRM daily API limit. For each email address in Constant Contact, SyncApps need to send one or more API requests to check whether the email already exists in Zoho CRM.
Tap the Finish button and then Sync Now.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our Support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.