Setting up Zoho CRM for Mailchimp integration is super simple with SyncApps!
Before starting, take a look at our basic integration setup, as explained here:
Check out some key documentation for Mailchimp with Zoho integration:
- Zoho CRM Integration Basics
- Integrating Mailchimp with Zoho CRM
- Email Campaign metrics back to Zoho CRM Campaigns or Campaign Response Fields?
- Do you sync Mailchimp's Cleaned records to a Zoho CRM field?
- Available Pricing Plans for Zoho CRM with Mailchimp
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
We're working on implementing V2 API for Zoho CRM. Target go-live is on the latter 2nd half of 2019. V1 API will still work until December 31, 2019, so you are all set with all the cool integration features of SyncApps for your Zoho integrations.
SyncApps supports TLS 1.2.
- In Zoho CRM, make sure you have created some records for TESTING purposes so that the Production records will be untouched during the Free Trial.
- Create a Test Campaign or List View. You may use the Filtering and Segmentation feature as an alternative to segment the list under your Mailchimp Audience.
- In Mailchimp, create an Audience as you will specify this in Step 2 of the Sync Profile, you may also specify the existing ones if you have.
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on both Free and Paid plans. (Step 6)
Let’s get started!
Setting up your Sync Profile
Setting up your Sync Profile (integration) is simple! If you're looking for a more Quick Setup Guided Tour, please search in our YouTube playlist here.
You are now setting up the integration, so we are giving you an EXTRA 2 Weeks Free on us! Enjoy 4 Full Weeks of our real-time, Enterprise plan integration.
- Unlimited Records Sync between the software you connect
- Unlimited Opt-Out Sync from your Marketing Automation solution
- Unlimited Campaigns/Marketing List/Tags/List Views/Saved Searches Sync
- Unlimited Campaigns from your Marketing Automation solution of choice
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on both Free and Paid plans (Step 6)
Once you’ve tapped the Sync Profiles tab, tap the “Create Sync Profile” button.
Enter any designated name for your new Sync Profile as your identifier. Then in Sync Type, select Zoho CRM to Mailchimp.
Step 1: Zoho CRM
- Authentication Token is really important so that SyncApps can be able to sync the records from/to Zoho CRM. To generate an authentication token, please see here to Generate Token.
If you have difficulties in generating an authentication token, please have a look at this FAQ entry.
This is a Zoho EU (www.zoho.eu) account
- If your Zoho CRM account is an EU account, then check this. If not, then leave it unchecked.
Module Type to Sync
- Selecting a Module Type per Sync Profile will allow you to sync which type of record SyncApps will sync. Let's say Contact, then only Contact Type records will be synced. Please note that you can only sync 1 Module Type per Sync Profile. If needing to sync the Leads, then you will need to create another Sync Profile for it. Supported Module Types: Contacts and Leads.
- Need to Sync Zoho CRM Potentials? Grab our Add-On today!
There are several Sync Modes available. You may only select one per Sync Profile, but you may change it later on if desired:
Sync All Contacts or Leads
- From the word itself, all Contacts or Leads will be synced to your Mailchimp Audience. Let's say you've selected Contacts as the Module Type, then all Contacts will be synced.
All Active Campaigns
- All Zoho CRM Campaigns that are marked as "Active" will only be the ones that will be synced to Mailchimp. These Active Campaigns will then be created into separate Groups under the specified Mailchimp Audience.
- All Campaigns, whether Active or inactive, will be synced to Mailchimp. These Campaigns will then be created into separate Group(s)/Tag(s) under the specified Mailchimp Audience.
Sync Specific Campaigns
- Only the selected Campaigns will be synced to Mailchimp. These Campaigns will then be created into separate Group(s)/Tag(s) under the specified Mailchimp Audience.
Sync Specific List Views
- Specific List Views will only be the ones that will be synced to Mailchimp. These List Views will then be created into separate Group(s)/Tag(s) under the specified Mailchimp Audience.
Zoho CRM Account Time Zone
- To get account time zone, please log in to your Zoho CRM account using your username and password and go to Setup > Personal Settings > Account Information. You will see time zone information in the page.
On Contact or Lead creation, use "Unknown" as the last name if the last name is blank
- If a new record lands in Zoho CRM from your Mailchimp Audience with a blank Last Name, Zoho CRM will reject the record, as the Last Name is a required field in Zoho CRM. If you still want the record to be synced without the Last Name, please enable this option.
Retrieve Contact/Account Potentials
If this option is checked, Potentials fields will be available on the mapping configuration. This feature may need many API calls if you have a large number of Potentials. Please note that it may cause exceeding API limit issue if you have a large number of potentials. For example, larger than 10,000.
Unsubscribe opted-out Contacts or Leads in Zoho CRM from Mailchimp
- If this option is not checked, then opted-out Contacts or Leads are simply ignored (not synced to Mailchimp).
Sync deleted Contacts or Leads in Zoho CRM to Mailchimp
- If a Contact or Lead is deleted, SyncApps will remove the email address from Mailchimp.
Execute workflow trigger on new Contact or Lead creation, Execute workflow trigger on Contact or Lead update
- In Zoho CRM integration, we set the workflow trigger for Contact or Lead update (opt-out, bounce, etc), including the following:
- Update opted out status
- Update hard bounced status
- Update bounce reason
We also set the workflow trigger on Campaign Response sync to Zoho Custom Modules by default. For more on the Zoho CRM workflow trigger, please see Zoho CRM Support.
Sync Campaign Responses to Zoho CRM , Display email subject in Campaign Responses details
This will allow you to sync your Mailchimp Campaigns' marketing metrics such as opens, clicks, and bounces back to Zoho CRM. To understand which Campaign Response Method to use, please tap the button below for reference:
If you're done with Step 1 of the Sync Profile, hit next so that the configurations will be saved.
Step 2: Mailchimp
Connect your Mailchimp account through this step by tapping the “Connect” button. You will then be directed to the oAuth page that’ll log into your software. For some, they’ll need to enter their Mailchimp credentials here.
After entering credentials, enter the name of your Master List.
Now, what is a Master List/Audience, and why do we need to define it in Step 2?
During the sync process, a new Audience with the specified name will be created in Mailchimp. You can still use the names of your existing Audience in Mailchimp, if there are any. Note that if you are to name the Master List the same name as an existing Mailchimp Audience, make sure to match the spelling 100% if you don't want to create a new list in Mailchimp and instead want to marry the new list with an existing one.
When adding new subscribers to any Mailchimp Audience, please note that only those in your "Master List" will be synced, or select from the following options; (Sync all active Contacts not just those in the specified Mailchimp List), to sync the specific Mailchimp subscribers to CRM.
Note: We require you to define a Master List because Mailchimp needs it in creating, updating, and removing records using its API.
For more options, tap the plus (+) icon. If you want to learn more about the features, hover over to the SyncNotes tooltips (i).
Do not sync new Mailchimp subscribers (One-Way Sync)
- If you don't want the new subscribers to be synced to Zoho CRM, then enable this option.
Do not sync unsubscribed status to Zoho CRM
- If you don't want the Mailchimp unsubscribe status to sync back to Zoho CRM record, then check this option.
Group Title to Use (“Use Groups” under Segmentation method)
- This field is optional.
By default, SyncApps will use "Sync App Groupings" Group title with Hidden Type (not displayed in Mailchimp form). You can override the title of the Group by putting in a different Group title.
To display Groups in Mailchimp signup form, please create new Groups with checkboxes type and specify the Group title in this field.
- See here for more information about using Mailchimp Tags.
- This will create Groups from CRM List in your Mailchimp Audience.
On a Full Sync, remove any records when they no longer meet the criteria in the SyncApps segmentation from the Mailchimp Audience
- If using the Add-On for Full Sync, this feature will delete the record(s) from the Mailchimp Audience each time a Full Sync is being run in your integration.
Update Zoho CRM if subscribers update their profiles in Mailchimp
- If this option is checked and subscribers update their profiles in Mailchimp, the updated fields will reflect back to Zoho CRM record using Webhooks even if the sync is not initiated. This only works for Mailchimp to Zoho CRM direction, Zoho CRM to Mailchimp direction will need to run the sync.
Update Zoho CRM if Mailchimp account admin updates the subscriber profile
- If this option is checked and Admin updates their profiles in Mailchimp, the updated fields will reflect back to Zoho CRM record using Webhooks even if the sync is not initiated. This only works for Mailchimp to Zoho CRM direction, Zoho CRM to Mailchimp direction will need to run the sync.
Step 3: Sync Add-Ons
Sync Add-Ons are optional. Available Add-Ons in Step 3 of the Sync Profile may depend on which Plan and integration you select.
Want to know which Sync Add-On fits your requirement? Give us a shout today!
Step 4: Field Mapping
Field Mapping is optional. Basic fields such as Email address, Name, Address, Company Name, and Phone are already pre-mapped even if you haven’t enabled this step. Otherwise, if you have more additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up here.
Step 5: Filtering and Segmentation
This step is one of our most powerful features ever used by most of our subscribers. For example, if you have thousands of records in your CRM and you only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, only these records will be synced to your Mailchimp Master List.
Step 6: Sync Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
Tap the "Finish" button and then Sync Now. More questions or hit any snags? You can always reach out to our 24/7 Support Team.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our Support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to email@example.com | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Why We Don't Have Instant Phone Support
SyncApps limits support to online means due to a few reasons. One of the main reasons is that integration issues can range from super easy to off-the-charts hard to solve. Deciding which type via phone or chat is tricky, as we'll need detailed information up front in case we have to involve multiple teams in getting you the answers you need.
This process is not ideal for phone support.
- Online support and scheduled phone calls help keep SyncApps priced for small businesses, nonprofits, to even large enterprises, and keeps our Engineers busy building and maintaining the best iPaaS features for subscribers just like you.
- Online support also helps our multiple teams, from Engineering to Tier I, II & III Support, get the details needed to solve a given integration issue. Depending on the severity of the problem, our team will get you to the right resources like Help Desk articles and How-To videos, or schedule a call to get your integration questions or problems addressed so that your organization doesn't miss a beat integrating your data.
- Instant Chat Support is evaluated on a case-by-case basis and can be turned on by our support teams when needed for anyone needing instant answers while running an integration.
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.