Hello there! Are you new to SyncApps? Are you interested in understanding how to put all the pieces together?
We’re here to help! We’ve crafted this article just for subscribers like you to help you understand how SyncApps works with your Mailchimp for Bullhorn.
Before starting, take a look at our basic integration setup, as explained here:
Check out some key documentation for Mailchimp for Bullhorn integration:
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
- In Bullhorn, create Contacts, Leads, and Candidates for testing purposes during the Free trial period.
- Create Bullhorn Tearsheet(s) with some Contacts, Leads, or Candidates in it - this will be created as a Group under the specified Mailchimp Audience in Step 2 of the Sync Profile.
- In Mailchimp, create an Audience. This will be used as the Audience that you'll specify in Step 2 of the Sync Profile.
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans. (Step 6)
Let’s get started!
Setting up your Sync Profile
You are now setting up the integration, so we are giving you an EXTRA 2 Weeks Free on us! Enjoy 4 Full Weeks of our real-time, Enterprise plan integration.
- Unlimited Records sync between the software you connect
- Unlimited Opt-Out sync from your Marketing Automation solution
- Unlimited Campaigns/Marketing List/Tags/List Views/Saved Searches sync
- Unlimited Campaigns from your Marketing Automation solution of choice
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans (Step 6)
Logging in to your SyncApps account will land you the SyncApps Dashboard. Head to Sync Profiles and Once you’ve selected the Sync Profiles tab, tap the “Create Sync Profile” button.
Enter any designated name for your new Sync Profile as your identifier. Then in Sync Type, select Bullhorn to Mailchimp.
Step 1: Bullhorn CRM
- In Step 1 of the Sync Profile is the Bullhorn settings. First, you'll need to tap the "Connect" button then enter the credentials of the Bullhorn CRM account that you'll be using.
Object Type to Sync
- Select which record type would you like to sync from Bullhorn to Mailchimp. Please note that we only sync 1 Object type per Sync Profile. If you want to sync another Object type, you'll need to create another Sync Profile for it.
Sync Bullhorn Tearsheet to Mailchimp
- If the checkbox is selected then only Contacts or Leads in Tearsheets will be synced. Each Tearsheet will create a Group(s) under your Mailchimp Audience.
Unsubscribe opted-out Candidates, Contacts, or Leads in Bullhorn from Mailchimp
- If this option is not checked then opted-out Candidates, Contacts, or Leads are simply ignored (opt-out is not synced to Mailchimp). If this option is enabled then the opted-out record from Bullhorn will be synced to Mailchimp and will be marked as unsubscribed and will be removed from that Group(s).
Sync Campaign Responses
- Campaign response (opens, clicks, bounces) including clicked URLs will be stored as notes on Bullhorn Contact or Lead.
Step 2: Mailchimp
- To obtain a Mailchimp API key please log into Mailchimp, press the Top Menu:Account > Extras > Your API Keys. Create a new API Key or copy an existing API Key into SyncApps.
To use SyncApps you must be an Admin role and above. Please use your username and password for the Admin role or above.
Sync Main Audience
A Mailchimp Audience must be created manually first in Mailchimp then the Mailchimp Audience name copied to SyncApps before saving the Sync Profile. You may also place an existing Mailchimp Audience here.
Note: We require to define a Main Audience because Mailchimp needs it in creating, updating, and removing records using its API.
If you would like to sync to a different Audience in Mailchimp, you'll need to set up another Sync Profile for that use case.
Do not sync new Mailchimp subscribers (One-Way sync)
- If you do not want to sync new subscribers from Mailchimp back to Bullhorn then enable this option.
- If using Tearsheet(s) in Step 1 or Filtering and Segmentation in Step 5, you have two option to choose from. Use Group(s) or Tag(s).
- Each Bullhorn Tearsheet(s) will be created as Group(s) under the specified Audience.
- Each Bullhorn Tearsheet(s) will be created as Tag(s) under the Specified Audience.
Group Title to use
- This field is optional. For marketing list sync feature, each Bullhorn Tearsheet is synced to a Mailchimp Group.
By default SyncApps will use "My Groups" Group title with Hidden type (not displayed in Mailchimp form). You can override the title of the Group by putting in a different Group title.
To display Groups in Mailchimp signup form please create new Groups with checkboxes type and specify the Group title in this field.
Do not sync unsubscribed status to Bullhorn
- By default SyncApps will set opted-out status in Bullhorn for unsubscribed emails. Please check this checkbox if you do not want unsubscribed emails to be synced.
On a Full Sync remove any Contacts from the Mailchimp Audience when they no longer meet any segmentation criteria in Step 1 or Step 5.
- If using the Add-On for Full Sync then this feature will delete the Contact from the Mailchimp Audience each time a Full Sync is run in your integration.
The Full Sync option is visible in Sync Add-Ons in Step 3 only if you have selected a segmentation feature (either NetSuite Saved Search, Salesforce Campaign or Marketing List, Dynamics 365 Marketing List, Zoho Campaign, Bullhorn Tearsheet or the Enable Segmentation feature in Step 5).
Update Bullhorn if subscribers update their profiles in Mailchimp
This will use mapping configuration to update data. Please make sure you configure the mapping correctly. A webhook will be setup in the specified Mailchimp Audience by SyncApps if this option is enabled. This works for Mailchimp to Bullhorn direction only.
Step 3: Sync Add-Ons
Sync Add-Ons are optional. Available Add-Ons in Step 3 of the Sync Profile may depend on which Plan and integration you select.
Want to know which Sync Add-On fits your requirement? Give us a shout out today!
Step 4: Field Mapping
Field Mapping is optional. Basic fields such as Email address, Name, Title, Address, Company name, and Phone are already pre-mapped even if you haven’t enabled this Step. Otherwise, if you have more additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up here.
Mapping Address fields to Mailchimp is quite strict. See how to map the fields below:
Step 5: Filtering and Segmentation
This Step is one of our most powerful features ever used by most of our subscribers. Like for example, you have 1000’s of records in your CRM then you only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, only these records will be synced to your Mailchimp Audience.
Step 6: Sync Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
Tap the Finish button and then Sync Now. More questions or hit any snags? You can always reach out to our 24/7 Support team.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our Support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save 100s of hours per year!