Hello there! Are you new to SyncApps? Are you interested in understanding how to put all the pieces together?
We’re here to help! We’ve crafted this article just for subscribers like you to help you understand how SyncApps works with your Mailchimp for Bullhorn.
Before starting, take a look at our basic integration setup, as explained here:
Check out some key documentation for Mailchimp for Bullhorn integration:
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
- In Bullhorn, create Contacts, Leads, and Candidates for testing purposes during the Free trial period.
- Create Bullhorn Tearsheet(s) with some Contacts, Leads, or Candidates in it - this will be created as a Group under "My Groups" (a Mailchimp Group Category that is automatically created by SyncApps) on the specified Mailchimp Audience in Step 2 of the Sync Profile.
- In Mailchimp, create an Audience or use an existing one. This will be used as the Audience that you'll specify in Step 2 of the Sync Profile.
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans. (Step 6)
Let’s get started!
Setting up your Sync Profile
Setting up your Sync Profile (integration) is easy! Looking for a Quick Setup Guided Tour?
You are now setting up the integration, so we are giving you an EXTRA 2 Weeks Free on us!
Enjoy 4 Full Weeks to test out all your use cases using all our features and integration capabilities.
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Contact, Leads, and Candidates sync between Mailchimp and Bullhorn
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Opt-Outs from Mailchimp to Bullhorn
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Bullhorn Tearsheets to Mailchimp Groups
- Integrate 1 - 1,000,000+ Campaign metrics such as opens, clicks, bounces sync from Mailchimp to Bullhorn
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans (Step 6)
Logging in to your SyncApps account will land you the SyncApps Dashboard. Head to Sync Profiles and Once you’ve selected the Sync Profiles tab, tap the “Create Sync Profile” button.
Enter any designated name for your new Sync Profile as your identifier. Then in Sync Type, select Bullhorn to Mailchimp.
Step 1: Bullhorn CRM
- In Step 1 of the Sync Profile is the Bullhorn settings. First, you'll need to tap the "Connect" button then enter the credentials of the Bullhorn CRM account that you'll be using.
Object Type to Sync
- Select which record type would you like to sync from Bullhorn to Mailchimp, would it be Contacts, Leads, or Candidates. Please note that we only sync 1 Object type per Sync Profile. If you want to sync another Object type, you'll need to create another Sync Profile for it.
Sync Bullhorn Tearsheet to Mailchimp
- If the checkbox is selected then only Contacts, Leads, or Candidates in Tearsheets will be synced. Each Tearsheet will create a Group(s) under your Mailchimp Audience. For example, when you select "Candidate" as the Object type then we'll only sync over the Candidate records under those selected Tearsheets on this specific Sync Profile.
Need to unsubscribe Contacts, Leads, or Candidates in Constant Contact if they unsubscribe in Bullhorn?
- If this option is not checked then opted-out Candidates, Contacts, or Leads are simply ignored (opt-out is not synced to Mailchimp). If this option is enabled then the opted-out record from Bullhorn will be synced to Mailchimp and will be marked as unsubscribed and will be removed from that Group(s).
Want to sync Opens, Clicks, and Bounces from your Constant Contact Campaigns to Bullhorn?
- Campaign response (opens, clicks, bounces) including clicked URLs will be stored as notes on Bullhorn Contact or Lead.
On Contact or Lead creation, use "Unknown" as the last name if the last name is blank
- This is mainly for new records creation from Mailchimp to Bullhorn. By default, if the new record created in Mailchimp has a blank last name, Bullhorn will reject those to be created. If this feature is checked then we will automatically populate the last name with "Unknown" so that this new record will be synced over to Bullhorn.
Step 2: Mailchimp
- To obtain a Mailchimp API key please log into Mailchimp, press the Top Menu: Account > Extras > Your API Keys. Create a new API Key or copy an existing API Key into SyncApps.
To use SyncApps you must be in an Admin role and above. Please use your username and password for the Admin role or above.
Sync Main Audience
A Mailchimp Audience can be selected from the dropdown in Step 2.
Note: We require to define the Main Audience because Mailchimp needs it in creating, updating, and removing records using its API.
If you would like to sync to a different Audience in Mailchimp, you'll need to set up another Sync Profile for that use case.
Do not sync new Mailchimp subscribers (One-Way sync)
- If you do not want to sync new subscribers from Mailchimp back to Bullhorn then enable this option.
- If using Tearsheet(s) in Step 1 or Filtering and Segmentation in Step 5, you have two options to choose from. Use Group(s) or Tag(s).
- Each Bullhorn Tearsheet(s) will be created as Group(s) under the specified Audience.
- Each Bullhorn Tearsheet(s) will be created as Tag(s) under the Specified Audience.
Group Category to use
- This field is optional. For the marketing list sync feature, each Bullhorn Tearsheet is synced to a Mailchimp Group.
By default, SyncApps will use the "My Groups" Group category with Hidden type (not displayed in Mailchimp form). You can override the category of the Group by putting it in a different Group category.
To display Groups in the Mailchimp signup form please create new Groups with checkboxes type and specify the Group category in this field.
Do not sync unsubscribed status to Bullhorn
- By default, SyncApps will set opted-out status in Bullhorn for unsubscribed emails. Please check this checkbox if you do not want unsubscribed emails to be synced.
On a Full Sync remove any Contacts from the Mailchimp Audience when they no longer meet any segmentation criteria in Step 1 or Step 5.
- This feature will only show up if the Full Sync Add-On is subscribed.
- If using the Add-On for Full Sync then this feature will delete the Contact from the Mailchimp Audience each time a Full Sync is run in your integration if they are no longer part of the Tearsheets selected in Step 1 or the Filtering and Segmentation in Step 5. You can either "Archive" or "Permanently Delete" those records.
The Full Sync option is visible in Sync Add-Ons in Step 3 only if you have selected a segmentation feature (either NetSuite Saved Search, Salesforce Campaign or Marketing List, Dynamics 365 Marketing List, Zoho Campaign, Bullhorn Tearsheet, or the Enable Segmentation feature in Step 5).
Update Bullhorn if subscribers update their profiles in Mailchimp
This will use mapping configuration to update data. Please make sure you configure the mapping correctly. A webhook will be set up in the specified Mailchimp Audience by SyncApps if this option is enabled. This works for Mailchimp to Bullhorn direction only.
Step 3: Sync Add-Ons
Sync Add-Ons are optional. Available Add-Ons in Step 3 of the Sync Profile may depend on which Plan and integration you select.
Want to know which Sync Add-On fits your requirement? Give us a shout-out today!
Step 4: Field Mapping
Field Mapping is optional. Basic fields such as Email address, First name, and Last name are already pre-mapped even if you haven’t enabled this Step. Otherwise, if you have more additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up here.
Mapping Address fields to Mailchimp is quite strict. See how to map the fields below:
Step 5: Filtering and Segmentation
This Step is one of our most powerful features ever used by most of our subscribers. Like for example, you have 1000’s of records in your CRM then you only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, only these records will be synced to your Mailchimp Audience.
Step 6: Sync Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
Tap the Finish button and then Sync Now.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our Support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save 100s of hours per year!