Hello there! Are you new to SyncApps? Are you interested in understanding how to put all the pieces together?
We’re here to help! We’ve crafted this article for you to help you understand how SyncApps works with your Constant Contact for Bullhorn.
Before starting, take a look at our basic integration setup, as explained here:
Check out some key documentation for Constant Contact for Bullhorn integration:
- Constant for Bullhorn Contact Major Features
- Bullhorn Tearsheet(s) synced to Constant Contact List(s)
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
- In Bullhorn, create Contacts, Leads, and Candidates for testing purposes during the Free trial period.
- Create Bullhorn Tearsheet(s) with some Contacts, Leads, or Candidates in it. Each of the selected Bullhorn Tearsheet in Step 1 will automatically be created as an email list in Constant Contact.
- In Constant Contact, create an email list, or you can just enter a non existing one in Step 2 of the Sync Profile setup as we will automatically create it as an email list in Constant Contact that will serve as the Main List for this integration.
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans. (Step 6)
Let’s get started!
Setting up your Sync Profile
Setting up your Sync Profile (integration) is easy! Looking for a Quick Setup Guided Tour?
You are now setting up the integration, so we are giving you an EXTRA 2 Weeks Free on us!
Enjoy 4 Full Weeks to test out all your use cases using all our features and integration capabilities.
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Contacts, Leads, or Candidates sync between Bullhorn and Constant Contact
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Opt-Outs from your Constant Contact Lists
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Tearsheets to Constant Contact Lists
- Integrate 1 - 1,000,000+ Campaign metrics such as opens, clicks, bounces from Constant Contact to Bullhorn
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans (Step 6)
Logging in to your SyncApps account will land you the SyncApps Dashboard. Head to Sync Profiles and Once you’ve selected the Sync Profiles tab, tap the “Create Sync Profile” button.
Enter any designated name for your new Sync Profile as your identifier. Then in Sync Type, select Bullhorn to Constant Contact.
Step 1: Bullhorn CRM
- Step 1 of the Sync Profile is the Bullhorn settings. First, you'll need to tap the "Connect" button, then enter the credentials of the Bullhorn CRM account that you'll be using.
Object Type to Sync
- Select which record type would you like to sync from Bullhorn to Constant Contact, would it be Contact, Leads, or Candidates. Please note that we only sync 1 Object Type per Sync Profile. If you want to sync another Object Type, you'll need to create another Sync Profile for it.
Sync Bullhorn Tearsheet to Constant Contact
- If the checkbox is selected then only Contacts, Leads, or Candidates in Tearsheets will be synced. Each Tearsheet will create an Email List in Constant Contact.
Need to unsubscribe Contacts, Leads, or Candidates in Constant Contact if they unsubscribe in Bullhorn?
- If this option is not checked, then opted-out Candidates, Contacts, or Leads are ignored (opt-out is not synced to Constant Contact). If this option is enabled then the opted-out record from Bullhorn will be synced to Constant Contact, marked as unsubscribed, and removed from that Email List.
Want to sync Opens, Clicks, and Bounces from your Constant Contact Campaigns to Bullhorn?
- Campaign responses (opens, clicks, bounces) including clicked URLs will be stored as notes on Bullhorn Contact or Lead.
On Contact or Lead creation, use "Unknown" as the last name if the last name is blank
- This is mainly for newly created Contacts from Constant Contact back to Bullhorn. If the last name is blank then Bullhorn will reject those to be created. If you still want them to be synced over to Bullhorn even if they have a blank last name field, then this feature will help.
Step 2: Constant Contact
Do not sync unsubscribed emails status to Bullhorn
- By default, SyncApps will set opted-out status in Bullhorn for unsubscribed emails. Please check this checkbox if you do not want unsubscribed emails status to be synced.
Do not sync physical address data to Constant Contact
- Address data is a required field, so if it's blank, it will return as an error, and the record will not be synced. If you don't need the address data in Constant Contact, you can check this option.
Retrieve state name instead of state abbreviation
- By default, SyncApps retrieves state code. This option can be checked to retrieve the state name instead.
Do not sync new Contacts from Constant Contact to Bullhorn (One-Way Sync)
- If you want the records to flow from Bullhorn only and will not add new records from Constant Contact, you may check this option; One-way Sync.
Sync all active Contacts not just those in the specified Constant Contact Main List
- By default, SyncApps only retrieves Contacts from the specified "Main List". Please check this option if you want to sync all active Contacts in your Constant Contact account.
If this option is checked, SyncApps will retrieve all contacts in Constant Contact and sync to Bullhorn, creating new Bullhorn records if the email address doesn't exist in Bullhorn.
Sync from specific Lists
- If you want to sync the records from a specific Constant Contact List to be created as new records in Bullhorn, then select this option and select the Specific Constant Contact Email Lists.
Step 3: Sync Add-Ons
Sync Add-Ons are optional. Available Add-Ons in Step 3 of the Sync Profile may depend on which Plan and integration you select.
Want to know which Sync Add-On fits your requirement? Give us a shout out today!
Step 4: Field Mapping
Field Mapping is optional. Basic fields such as Email address, Name, Title, Address, Company Name, and Phone are already pre-mapped even if you haven’t enabled this step. Otherwise, if you have more additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up here.
Managing your Constant Contact field is easy! Please see the link below for more information on how to do it:
Step 5: Filtering and Segmentation
This Step is one of our most powerful features ever used by most of our subscribers. For example, if you have thousands of records in your CRM and you only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, only these records will be synced to your Constant Contact Main List.
Step 6: Sync Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
Tap the Finish button and then Sync Now.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our Support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save hundreds of hours per year!