Before You Get Started
Did you set up your SyncApps account? If not, start here:
Want the bird's eye-view first? Check out some key documentation of Constant Contact for Bullhorn integration:
- Constant for Bullhorn Contact Major Features
- Bullhorn Tearsheet(s) synced to Constant Contact List(s)
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
- In Bullhorn, create Contacts, Leads, and Candidates for testing purposes during the Free trial period.
- Create Bullhorn Tearsheet(s) with some Contacts, Leads, or Candidates in it. Each of the selected Bullhorn Tearsheets in Step 1 will automatically be created as an email list in Constant Contact.
- In Constant Contact, create an email list, or you can just enter a non-existing one in Step 2 of the Set Up as we will automatically create it as an email list in Constant Contact that will serve as the Main List for this integration.
- Scheduling of a Set Up is available on Free Trial and Paid plans. (Step 6)
Let’s Get Started!
How to Set Up Your Constant Contact for Bullhorn Integration
You are now setting up the integration, so enjoy 4 Full Weeks to test out all your use cases using all our features and integration capabilities.
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Contacts, Leads, or Candidates sync between Bullhorn and Constant Contact
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Opt-Outs from your Constant Contact Lists
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Tearsheets to Constant Contact Lists
- Integrate 1 - 1,000,000+ Campaign metrics such as opens, clicks, bounces from Constant Contact to Bullhorn
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Set Up is available on Free Trial and Paid plans (Step 6)
General Pre-Integration Steps
Log into your SyncApps account. This will land you in the SyncApps Dashboard. Head to Set-Ups and once you’ve selected the Set-Ups tab, tap the “Create Set Up” button.
Enter a name of your choice for your new Set Up as your identifier. Then for the Sync Type, select
Bullhorn to Constant Contact.
Step 1: Bullhorn Configuration
Step 1 of the Set Up is the Bullhorn settings. First, you'll need to tap the "Connect" button, then enter the credentials of the Bullhorn CRM account that you'll be using.
What do you want to sync?
- Select which record type would you like to sync from Bullhorn to Constant Contact, would it be Contact, Leads, or Candidates. Please note that we only sync 1 Object Type per Set Up. If you want to sync another Object Type, you'll need to create another Set Up for it.
Want to integrate Bullhorn Tearsheets to Constant Contact List? Select this feature
- Each selected Bullhorn Tearsheets will be created as List in the specified Main List in Step 2 of the Set Up.
- When this feature is enabled, only the Contacts / Leads / Candidates from the selected Bullhorn Tearsheets will be synced to Constant Contact.
Want to sync Opens, Clicks, and Bounces from your Constant Contact Campaigns to Bullhorn? Select this feature
- This feature will allow you to sync marketing metrics such as Opens, Clicks, and Bounces including clicked URLs from your Constant Contact Campaigns to Bullhorn Contact/Lead Note.
If done in Step 1 of the Set Up, hit next so that the configurations will be saved.
Step 2: Constant Contact Configuration
Connect your Constant Contact account in this step by tapping the “Connect” button. You will then be directed to the oAuth page that’ll log in to Constant Contact. Enter your Constant Contact credentials here and you will be returned to Step 2, Constant Contact authenticated.
- A new list with the specified name will be created in Constant Contact during the sync process or you can use the names of your existing lists in Constant Contact. If naming the Main List the same name as an existing Constant Contact List please note to match the spelling 100% so as to not create a new list in Constant Contact but to marry to the existing one.
- When adding new subscribers to any Constant Contact List please note only those in your "Main List" will be synced or please select the option below, (Sync all active Contacts not just those in the specified Constant Contact Main List), to sync the specific Constant Contact List subscribers to CRM.
Want to remove records from your Constant Contact Lists when they no longer meet the segmentation criteria in Step 1 or Step 5 (Filtering and Segmentation) of the Set Up?
Select this feature
- Please note that using this feature will delete the record from all Lists in Constant Contact. If this feature is not selected then the Full Sync will just remove the records from Constant Contact Lists that are being synced not any others as the contact is not fully removed from Constant Contact.
Do not filter role email addresses
- By default SyncApps does not allow invalid email addresses that contains with these patterns as mostly they are system generated emails:
- abuse@.*, .*admin@.*, all@.*, everyone@.*, ftp@.*, investorrelations@.*, jobs@.*, marketing@.*, media@.*, noc@.*, postmaster@.*, prime@.*, privacy@.*, remove@.*, request@.*, root@.*, sales@.*, security@.*, .*spam.*@.*, subscribe@.*, usenet@.*, users@.*, uucp@.*, webmaster@.*, www@.*, .*@yahoogroups.com, .*@googlegroups.com, noreply@.*, .*@example.com
- Need to sync these to your Marketing Automation Solution? enable this option.
Sync Contacts from specific Constant Contact list(s) to Bullhorn
- Once this feature is enabled your Contact(s) on each specific List selected will sync back to Bullhorn as Contact(s), Lead(s) or Customer(s) depending on your selection in Step 1.
- What this also means is any email sent from Constant Contact to a record in your Main List will always flow back to Bullhorn yet unless you have checked “Sync Contacts from specific Constant Contact list(s) to Bullhorn" feature the records sent Campaigns outside your Main List will not flow back to Bullhorn as the Campaign is not sent to that List or its records.
- Choose this feature to bring back records and Campaigns outside your Main List to each specified List you choose.
If done in Step 2 of the Set Up, hit next to save the configurations.
Step 3: Full Sync Add-On
The Full Sync Add-On is applicable to CRM and eCommerce platforms and can be used in our trials and paid plans. The CRM must have List integration to be able to use Full Sync.
Read more about how the Full Sync Feature can automate your contact management today in our article here.
The Full Sync can be scheduled in Step 3 to Manual, Daily, or Weekly.
It allows you to keep your systems trued up with ease.
Step 4: Field Mapping
Field Mapping is optional. Basic fields such as Email address, First Name, and Last Name are already pre-mapped even if you haven’t enabled this Step. Otherwise, if you have more additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up here.
Managing your Constant Contact field is easy! Please see the link below for more information on how to do it:
Step 5: Filtering and Segmentation
This Step is one of our most powerful features ever used by most of our subscribers. Like for example, you have 1000’s of records in your CRM then you only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, only these records will be synced to your Constant Contact Main List.
Check out this video on How Filtering and Segmentation Works:
Step 6: Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
More Options for Your Constant Contact for Bullhorn Integration
Need to unsubscribe Contacts, Leads, or Candidates in Constant Contact if they unsubscribe in Bullhorn? Select this feature
- By default, SyncApps will ignore the opted out / unsubscribed records in Bullhorn to be synced Constant Contact.
- If this feature is enabled, once the record in Bullhorn unsubscribes, this will also unsubscribe the record from that Constant Contact List.
On Contact or Lead creation, use "Unknown" as the last name if the last name is blank
- By default, when a record in Bullhorn does not have a First or Last name, Constant Contact will ignore that record. This feature will sync the records from Bullhorn to Constant Contact even if they do not have the First and Last name fields.
Constant Contact for Bullhorn Flow
Do not sync unsubscribed emails status to Bullhorn
- By default, SyncApps will set opted-out status in Bullhorn for unsubscribed emails. Please check this checkbox if you do not want unsubscribed emails status to be synced.
Do not sync physical address data to Constant Contact
- If you do not need address data in Constant Contact you can check this option.
Do not sync Company Name from Bullhorn
- Company Name is mapped by default. Enabling this feature will disable the mapping.
Retrieve State name instead of State Abbreviation
- By default, SyncApps retrieves State Abbreviation. This option can be checked to retrieve the State name instead.
Do not sync new Contacts from Constant Contact to Bullhorn (One-Way sync)
- If you want the records to flow from Bullhorn only and not add new records from Constant Contact, you should check this option; One-Way Sync.
Sync all active Contacts not just those in the specified Constant Contact Main List
- By default SyncApps only retrieves Contacts from the specified "Main List" named. Please check this option if you want to sync all active Contacts
Tap the "Finish" button and then Sync Now.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our Support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to email@example.com | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Be sure to see one customer's story on how SyncApps helped them save 13 days per year of manually importing/exporting data!