Are you new to SyncApps, looking for a solution to integrate Eventbrite with Salesforce?
We’re here to help! We’ve crafted this article just for subscribers like you to walk you through how SyncApps works with your Eventbrite for Salesforce integration.
Before starting, take a look at our basic integration setup, as explained here:
Check out some key documentation for Eventbrite with Salesforce integration:
- Eventbrite and Salesforce Integration
- Mapping event fields from Eventbrite to Salesforce
- How to sync Eventbrite Custom Questions to Salesforce
Before setting up the integration, here are some important points to remember:
- Salesforce Classic and Lightning edition are both supported.
- Make sure that your Salesforce account is API enabled.
- Create a test list(s), Campaign(s) or records for testing purposes.
- Create a test Eventbrite Contact List and Events (this test Contact List will be specified in Step 2 of the Sync Profile where you want your Salesforce records to be synced).
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans (Step 5).
Let’s get started!
Setting up your Sync Profile
You are now setting up the integration, so we are giving you an EXTRA 2 Weeks Free on us! Enjoy 4 Full weeks of our real-time Enterprise plan integration.
- Unlimited Records Sync between the software you connect
- Unlimited Opt-Out Sync from your Marketing Automation solution
- Unlimited Campaigns/Marketing List/Tags/List Views/Saved Searches Sync
- Unlimited Campaigns from your Marketing Automation solution of choice
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid Plans (Step 6)
Once you’ve selected the Sync Profiles tab, tap the “Create Sync Profile” button.
Give a name for your new Sync Profile to serve as your identifier. Then in Sync Type, select Salesforce to Eventbrite.
Step 1: Salesforce
Select the preferred Authentication Type.
If "OAuth2" is selected, just tap the connect button and enter the credentials.
If Username and Password option is selected, enter the Salesforce credentials together with your Salesforce security token.
Salesforce Sandbox is a test account type that uses testing records so that the Sync won't affect your live or production records when you try the Sync process out. If you are testing records or requirements, and want your production records to remain unaltered, enable this option.
Select the Object Type to use. You can only use 1 Object Type per Sync Profile. For example, if you select Contact as the Object Type, then only these types of records will be synced to or from Eventbrite.
Use "Unknown" if First Name/Last Name is blank
- By default, Salesforce requires First Name/Last Name fields for the record to be created. If your record in Eventbrite doesn't have either of these fields, then select this option; it will be created as a new record in Salesforce.
Sync Campaign Members to Eventbrite List
- All your Salesforce Campaign Members will be created as a new record in the specified Eventbrite Contact List (see Step 2) if it does not exist at the time of sync.
Sync Eventbrite Events
- A Salesforce Campaign will be created for each Eventbrite event within the last 90 days. When you create an Email Event in Eventbrite, the registrant, if they're not in Salesforce as a Lead or Contact, will be automatically created and the event will be listed as a Campaign in their Salesforce record.
If you're syncing Eventbrite, please note that SyncApps will sync to Salesforce. It uses Registration Date, Registration Status, Payment Status, and Guest Count all into "Email Events" field only if "Use Separate Custom Fields for Event Marketing Fields" isn't checked. SyncApps will automatically create the field called "Email Events", so please place this field on the Campaign History layout.
If "Use Separate Custom Fields for Event Marketing Fields" is checked, then SyncApps will automatically create each separate field. Please place each field on the Campaign Member layout. No field mapping is needed in Step 4 unless you're mapping Order Total to a custom field on the Campaign Member layout.
If "Allow mapping Event Registrant details to Campaign Member custom fields" is checked, you can map new custom fields to Salesforce in Step 4 for Event created in Constant Contact.
If you need to migrate Campaign Emails sent past a rolling 90 days, please contact us today to enable a paid migration Add-On for this requirement.
Use Separate Custom Fields for Event Marketing Fields
- By default, all event fields (Registration Status, Payment Status, Guest Count) are synced to "Email Events" field.
Map Event Registrant details to Campaign Member Custom Field
- Event registrant details will be mapped to the Campaign Member Custom Fields.
Map Custom Questions
- This option will enable your Eventbrite Custom Questions to be synced.
Once this option is enabled, Custom Question Fields will be available for mapping in Step 4 under the Events tab.
Don’t have any Eventbrite Custom Questions? See here on how to create yours.
Campaign Record Type Name for Eventbrite Event
- Please enter an active campaign Record Type Name (not Campaign Type) to be used by SyncApps in campaign object creation.
Record Types are supported in the Salesforce Enterprise edition only. Please note that Campaign Record Type is different from Campaign Type.
This field is optional. If omitted, the default Record Type will be used.
After setting up in Step 1, hit the Next button.
Step 2: Eventbrite
Tap the Connect button then enter the Eventbrite credentials.
Eventbrite Contact list to sync
- Next, specify the Eventbrite Contact List you'll be using for the specific Sync Profile. Please select from your existing Contact Lists which contacts from Salesforce will be synced.
Select Specific Events
- Selected Events will be created into new Salesforce Campaigns.
Do not sync new Eventbrite subscribers (One-Way Sync)
- If you don't want new records from Eventbrite to be created as new records in Salesforce, then please enable this option here.
Step 3: Field Mapping
Basic Fields Premapped
Additional field mapping is optional. Basic Contact fields like the ones listed below are already mapped for you:
- Email Address
- Company Name
Don't see the fields you need to map?
Need to set up Campaign or Additional Fields?
Check out Static Text Mapping. Please check your Field Mapping at the end of the field dropdown list for it, and see how it works here.
For a multi-select picklist, you should use the "Contains" operator instead of "Equal To".
Step 4: Filtering and Segmentation
This step contains one of our most powerful features that's used by most of our subscribers. If you have thousands of records in your CRM and you only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, only these records will be synced to your Eventbrite Contact List using this Step.
Step 5: Sync Scheduling
Finally, the last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
Tap the "Finish" button then Sync Now, and you're done.
More questions or hit any snags? Reach out to our 24/7 Support Team now.
Check out the options below regarding contacting our Support Team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Our Help Center & Email is 24/7 at email@example.com. Live Chat & Phone is scheduled.
Why We Don't Have Instant Phone Support
SyncApps limits instant support to online means due to a few reasons. Primarily, it's because integration issues can range from super easy to off the charts hard to solve. Deciding which type of issue is being discussed over via phone or chat is tricky, and unless we get some much-needed information upfront as we might have to involve multiple teams to get you the answers you need.
It's not an ideal scenario for instant phone support.
- Online support and scheduled phone calls help keep SyncApps priced for small businesses, nonprofits, to even large enterprises, and keeps our Engineers busy building and maintaining the best iPaaS features for subscribers just like you.
- Online support also helps our multiple teams, from Engineering to Tier I, II & III Support get the details needed to solve a given integration issue. Depending on the severity of the problem our team will get you to the right resources, like our easy to read Help Desk articles, How-To videos. You can also schedule a call to get your integration questions answered or problems solved so that your organization doesn't miss a beat integrating your organization’s lifeblood - your data.
- Instant Chat support is evaluated on a case by case basis and can be turned on by our support teams when needed by anyone looking for quick answers while in the integration process.
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.