Hello there! Thanks for stopping by to take a look at the way ActiveCampaign and NetSuite seamlessly integrate together.
Here as some of the things you can do with this integration and more.
- Sync NetSuite Companies, Contacts, Leads, and Prospects to ActiveCampaign
- Option to sync records from NetSuite to specific ActiveCampaign List(s)
- Filter and sync only those records that meet specific criteria from CRM or vice-versa
- Opt-outs managed automatically between NetSuite and ActiveCampaign
- Custom field mapping between both systems
- Sync Campaigns and Campaign Responses from ActiveCampaign to NetSuite
- NetSuite supported Saved Search record types: Contact, Customer, Employee, Partner, Transaction, and Vendor Saved Search(es) synced to ActiveCampaign
Here are other features for this integration as well:
- Create an ActiveCampaign List for every Saved Search synced from NetSuite. NetSuite always takes higher precedence over ActiveCampaign. Any Contact changes in NetSuite will always be synced to ActiveCampaign.
- Contact and Lead data are synced from ActiveCampaign only if the email address doesn't exist in NetSuite at the time of syncing or Update Field Mapping is enabled.
Setting up an ActiveCampaign for NetSuite Integration
Before starting, take a look at our basic integration setup, as explained here:
Check out some key documentation for ActiveCampaign for NetSuite integration:
- NetSuite Basic Records Flow
- NetSuite Permissions for SyncApps Integration
- How Marketing Metrics Work with NetSuite
- NetSuite Best Practice
- NetSuite Authentication Types for Sync Profile Setup
- Pricing Questions
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
- Make sure that your NetSuite Roles/Permissions and Authentication (2FA is suggested) are set.
- Create a test Saved Search, Subscription, or records for testing purposes.
- Create a test ActiveCampaign default list (this test default list will be selected in Step 2 of the Sync Profile where you want your NetSuite records to be synced).
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans. (Step 6)
Logging in to your SyncApps account will land you the SyncApps Dashboard. Head to Sync Profiles and Once you’ve selected the Sync Profiles tab, tap the “Create Sync Profile” button.
Enter any designated name for your new Sync Profile as your identifier. Then in Sync Type, select NetSuite to ActiveCampaign.
Step 1: NetSuite
Enter your NetSuite account credentials such as your Account ID, Username, Password, and Application ID, since we're using the "Username and Password" Authentication type. If you're using Token-Based Authentication, please see the article below on how to do it:
The NetSuite Sandbox is a test account type that uses testing records. This option won't affect your live or production records when syncing. If you are testing records or requirements, and want your production records to remain unaltered, enable this option.
Records to Sync
Select "Records to Sync". Available options are All Contacts, Specific NetSuite Saved Searches, Specific NetSuite Contact Subscriptions, and Specific NetSuite Customer Subscriptions.
You can only use 1 "Records to Sync" per Sync Profile. For example, if you select "All Contacts" as the "Records to Sync", all the Contact type records in your NetSuite database will be synced to ActiveCampaign.
Sync Email Marketing Data
If this option is checked, email marketing data (opens, clicks, and links clicked metrics) will be synced to a custom record in NetSuite.
The custom record will be created automatically by SyncApps and will capture data for 30 days after a campaign is initiated.
Email Marketing Campaign metrics land on the custom subtab in the NetSuite Customer/Contact record. The NetSuite custom subtab name can be changed to meet your needs in NetSuite. Please see here for more details.
Replace UTF-16 characters with blank
New Subscriber Object Type
Use Email Address as Entity ID (Name) for new Contact or Customer
- For NetSuite OneWorld users, please enter the default subsidiary name for new Customer or Contact created by SyncApps. Otherwise, Customer or Contact creation will fail.
- In some cases, a subscriber will create a Sync Profile for each NetSuite Subsidiary that they want to integrate. To make sure that each Sync Profile syncs with its assigned Subsidiary, please be sure to only use a NetSuite role with NetSuite Subsidiary access and also create a separate NetSuite role for each NetSuite Subsidiaries assigned.
Note: Default subsidiary is only used for new record creation in NetSuite.
The Account API URL can be found by clicking My Settings and then the Developer tab on the left side of the screen and look on the API Access section.
The API Key can be found by clicking My Settings and then the Developer tab on the left side of the screen and look on the API Access section.
- Auto creates Lists or Tags or both into your ActiveCampaign account from your CRM software.
Specify the default target List in ActiveCampaign
- Please select a default List in ActiveCampaign to sync your records from CRM into. If none is selected, then Contacts will just sync without being added to any List in ActiveCampaign.
Retrieve from a Specific List(s) in Active Campaign
- Are your contacts in ActiveCampaign on a list? If not, please make sure that they are, and then select the List(s) you are syncing back to CRM. If no list is selected, then SyncApps will retrieve all Contacts from ActiveCampaign List(s).
Do not sync new ActiveCampaign subscribers to NetSuite (One-Way Sync)
- If you don't want new records from ActiveCampaign to be synced to NetSuite, then enable this option. Otherwise, you may leave it unchecked.
Step 3: Sync Add-Ons
Sync Add-Ons are optional. Available Add-Ons in Step 3 of the Sync Profile may depend on which Plan and integration you select.
Want to know which Sync Add-On fits your requirement? Give us a shout out today!
Step 4: Field Mapping
This step is one of our most powerful features that's frequently used by our subscribers. If you have thousands of records in your CRM and only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, Filtering and Segmentation ensure that only these records will be synced to your ActiveCampaign List.
Step 6: Sync Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time you would like your data to sync automatically.
Tap the "Finish" button and then Sync Now.
More questions or hit any snags? You can always reach out to our 24/7 Support Team.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our Support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Be sure to check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save hundreds of hours per year integrating NetSuite.