Setting up an integration for syncing Tickets and Cases for Freshdesk with NetSuite? You got it right! Here's the right article for you!
Before setting up your Sync Profile, make sure that you have properly setup required Permissions/Roles in NetSuite and have correctly set up the Token-Based Authentication:
- Required Level of Permissions for NetSuite Integration
- How to Setup NetSuite Token-Based Authentication as Authentication Type
Let’s get started!
Setting up your Sync Profile
Setting up your Sync Profile (integration) is easy!
You are now setting up the integration, so we are giving you an EXTRA 2 Weeks Free on us! Enjoy 4 Full Weeks of our real-time, Enterprise plan integration.
- Unlimited Records sync between the software you connect
- Unlimited Opt-Out sync from your Marketing Automation solution or from your connecting software.
- Unlimited Tickets and Cases to sync.
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios.
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on both Free and Paid plans (Step 5)
Logging in to your SyncApps account will land you the SyncApps Dashboard. Head to Sync Profiles and Once you’ve selected the Sync Profiles tab, tap the “Create Sync Profile” button.
Enter any designated name for your new Sync Profile as your identifier. Then in Sync Type, select Freshdesk to NetSuite.
Step 1: Freshdesk
Freshdesk Domain URL
- Look for the domain of your Freshdesk instance. You may find that in your Freshdesk URL. Example cazoomiassist.freshdesk.com
- API key is important so that SyncApps can be able to access and integrate the Freshdesk tickets to NetSuite.
- Log in to your Freshdesk Support Portal.
- Tap on your profile picture on the top right corner of your portal.
- Go to Profile settings Page.
- Your API key will be available below the change password section to your right.
- Copy then paste it in the "API Key" box in Step 1 of the Sync Profile.
- There are two available Tickets and Cases Sync Modes for now. Need to request for another one that will meet your integration needs? Feel free to reach out to our 24/7 Support team today! You can only set up 1 Sync Mode per Sync Profile so if you prefer to do both ways then you'll need to set up another Sync Profile for it.
- Freshdesk Ticket to NetSuite Case (One-Way ticket sync).
- NetSuite Case to Freshdesk Ticket (One-Way ticket sync).
If you're using the Freshdesk RMA app, please reach out to our 24/7 support team through email@example.com so that they can send you the file to install it to your Freshdesk.
Once you have completed the setup per Step, please tap the "Next" button.
Step 2: NetSuite
Once you have completed the Token-Based Authentication setup, please copy the NetSuite credentials to Step 2 of the Sync Profile.
You can also select the optional features in Step 2 of the Sync Profile. To know how each feature works, hover over to the SyncNote tooltip (beside each feature.
After configuring Step 2, tap the "Next" button.
Step 3: Additional Configuration
Step 3 of the Sync Profile is where you'll gonna set up the Freshdesk Ticket Priority to NetSuite Case Priority and Freshdesk Source to NetSuite Origin.
Step 4: Field Mapping
Additional field mapping is optional. Basic ticket fields such as subject, description, type, status, priority are already mapped. Otherwise, if you have more additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up here.
Step 5: Sync Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
Tap the Finish button and then Sync Now. More questions or hit any snags? You can always reach out to our 24/7 Support team.
Need some help?
Check out your options below to contact our support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Why We Don't Have Instant Phone Support
SyncApps limits support to online means due to a few reasons. One of the main reasons is that integration issues can range from super easy to off-the-charts hard to solve. Deciding which type via phone or chat is tricky, as we'll need detailed information upfront in case we have to involve multiple teams in getting you the answers you need.
This process is not ideal for phone support.
- Online support and scheduled phone calls help keep SyncApps priced for small businesses, nonprofits, to even large enterprises, and keeps our Engineers busy building and maintaining the best iPaaS features for subscribers just like you.
- Online support also helps our multiple teams, from Engineering to Tier I, II & III Support, get the details needed to solve a given integration issue. Depending on the severity of the problem, our team will get you to the right resources like Help Desk articles and How-To videos, or schedule a call to get your integration questions or problems addressed so that your organization doesn't miss a beat integrating your data.
- Instant Chat Support is evaluated on a case-by-case basis and can be turned on by our support teams when needed for anyone needing instant answers while running an integration.
Check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save hundreds of hours per year!