Before You Get Started
Before starting, let's take a look at our basic integration setup, as explained here:
Check out some key documentation for Mailchimp with Loyverse integration:
- What is a Set Up?
- Filtering and Segmentation Guide
- Integrate mailing address fields from CRM, eCommerce between Mailchimp
- Understanding how Webhooks interact with Mailchimp integrations
- Pricing Questions: Free Plan
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
- Create a Loyverse account.
- Create a test Main Audience in Mailchimp. (This test Main Audience will be specified in Step 2 of the Set Up where you want your Loyverse records to be synced.)
- Scheduling of a Set Up is available on Free trial and Paid plans. (Step 6)
- Sync your customers and loyalty data to automate tasks and send targeted campaigns from Mailchimp.
- Custom Field Mapping to Mailchimp to drive deeper insights into visits, purchasing behavior, and more.
- Filter and Segment your customers to Mailchimp as Groups or Tags based on customer-specific criteria for better target marketing. Let Mailchimp's Journey Builder do the rest!
Let’s Get Started!
How to Set Up Your Loyverse with Mailchimp Integration
You are now setting up the integration, so enjoy 4 Full Weeks to test out all your use cases using all our features and integration capabilities.
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Records sync between Mailchimp and Loyverse
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Segments that you can create as Groups or Tags in Mailchimp via the Filtering and Segmentation feature
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Set Up is available on both Free trial and Paid plans (Step 6)
General Pre-Integration Steps
Log into your SyncApps account. This will land you in the SyncApps Dashboard. Head to Set-Ups and once you’ve selected the Set-Ups tab, tap the “Create Set Up” button.
Enter a name of your choice for your new Set Up as your identifier. Then for the Sync Type, select Loyverse to Mailchimp.
Step 1: Loyverse Configuration
Enter your Loyverse API Token. You can get your personal token in the back office of your Loyverse account. Copy and paste it here in Step 1 of the Set Up.
Once done, tap the "Next" button to proceed to Step 2 of the Set Up.
Step 2: Mailchimp Configuration
Connect your Mailchimp account in this step by tapping the “Connect” button. You will then be directed to the oAuth page that’ll log in to your software. For some, they’ll need to enter their Mailchimp credentials here.
Or you can generate a new API Key, copy then paste it in the API key box in Step 2 of the Set Up.
To obtain a Mailchimp API key please log into Mailchimp, press the Top Menu: Account > Extras > Your API Keys. Create a new API Key or copy an existing API Key into SyncApps.
After this, enter the name of your Main Audience Now, what is a Main List/Audience, and why do we need to define it in Step 2?
A Mailchimp Audience can be selected from the dropdown list in Step 2.
If you would like to sync to a different List or Main Audience in Mailchimp, you'll need to set up another Set Up for that use case.
Step 3: Fully Sync Add-On
The Full Sync Add-On is applicable to CRM and eCommerce platforms and can be used in our trials and paid plans. The CRM must have List integration to be able to use Full Sync.
Read more about how the Full Sync Feature can automate your contact management today in our article here.
The Full Sync can be scheduled in Step 3 to Manual, Daily, or Weekly.
It allows you to keep your systems trued up with ease.
Step 4: Field Mapping
Field Mapping is optional. Basic fields such as Email address, First Name, and Last Name are already pre-mapped even if you haven’t enabled this Step. Otherwise, if you have more additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up here.
Step 5: Filtering and Segmentation
This Step is one of the most powerful features ever used by most of our subscribers. For example, if you have thousands of records in your Loyverse Account and you only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, only these records will be synced to your Mailchimp Main Audience. If you enabled the Segmentation feature then that the time we will create a Mailchimp Group per each Segment(Segment Name) under the "My Groups" Group Category or Tag(s) depending on the Segmentation Method selected in Step 2 of the Set Up.
Step 6: Sync Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
More Options in Your Loyverse with Mailchimp Integration
- Automatically creates Mailchimp Groups or Tags into your Mailchimp Audience from your CRM, Mindbody or eCommerce software.
Group Category to Use (“Use Groups” under Segmentation method)
- This field is optional. Select either Groups or Tags if using Filtering and Segmentation in Step 5 of the Set Up.
- By default, SyncApps will use the "My Groups" Group category with Hidden type (not displayed in Mailchimp form). You can override the category of the Group by putting in a different Group category.
- To display Groups in the Mailchimp signup form, please create new Groups with checkboxes type and specify the Group category in this field.
“Use Tags” under the Segmentation method
- See here for more information about using Mailchimp Tags
Want to remove records from your Mailchimp Audience when they no longer meet the segmentation criteria in Step 1 or Step 5 (Filtering and Segmentation) of the Set Up? Select this feature
- If using the Add-On for Full Sync then this feature will delete the record(s) from the Mailchimp Audience each time a Full Sync is run in your integration. Automatically remove a record from your Marketing Automation solution
Need to add back Archived but not Unsubscribed or Deleted records to your Mailchimp Audience? Try this feature
- By default, when a Contact or Lead that was synced by SyncApps is then Archived in Mailchimp, on the next sync, that record will no longer be updated in Mailchimp.
- If you want Archived records to be added back to the Audience and Unarchive the records in Mailchimp automatically so that they will be updated on the next sync, please enable this feature.
- Please note that SyncApps will not update the Opt-out field in Loyverse for the records which are Unsubscribed and Archived in Mailchimp.
- When getting Unsubscribe records from Mailchimp, the Mailchimp API does not return the Archived records.
- Only those that are Unsubscribed but not Archived nor Deleted.
- Also, SyncApps can't resubscribe "Unsubscribed/Cleaned Archived" records. The API will return an error that record is in a compliance state due to unsubscribe, bounce, or compliance review and cannot be subscribed.
Want to prevent Mailchimp Subscribers from syncing to Loyverse? Select this
- Have a mixed Mailchimp Audience with records that exist in both your Loyverse and in Mailchimp yet also some records that do not exist yet in Loyverse?
- This feature will not sync any records back to Loyverse from your Main Audience yet only match those that exist between your Loyverse and Mailchimp Main Audience.
- If you select the feature "Need to update Salesforce when subscribers update their Profiles in Mailchimp" then anytime an existing subscriber in both Loyverse and in Mailchimp changes some data it will flow back to Loyverse.
- New Mailchimp Subscribers will not sync back to Loyverse allowing you to manage only those that exist today between your Loyverse and Mailchimp Main Audience.
Tap the Finish button and then Sync Now.
THAT'S IT! YOU HAVE FINISHED SETTING UP YOUR INTEGRATION!
Need Some Help with a Human Touch?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Be sure to see one customer's story on how SyncApps helped them save 13 days per year of manually importing/exporting data!