New to SyncApps or NSPS? Salesforce SyncApps integration now has features dedicated for the Non-Profit Success Pack. It may take some time to understand how to leverage them to the fullest, so we suggest you start with this quick overview.
NPSP Feature: Check Personal, Work, and Alternate email for new records creation from Mailchimp
- This feature is mainly for new records creation from Mailchimp to Salesforce. You can use it to check each email address and see if it already exists in Salesforce and/or if it's under those record's non-preferred email addresses like Personal, Work, or Alternate email addresses.
- If this feature is enabled, SyncApps will look at these email fields to see if that newly created record from your Marketing Automation software already exists under those fields:
npe01__HomeEmail__c npe01__WorkEmail__c npe01__AlternateEmail__c
- If the email address already exists as one of those non-preferred email fields then SyncApps will not update or marry those to that Salesforce record.
- For Campaign Responses, if this NPSP feature is enabled and "Sync Campaign Responses to all matching records" is also enabled, then we can sync the updates from those non-preferred email addresses to the Main (preferred email) record.
Example scenario for Mailchimp with Salesforce SyncApps:
- In Salesforce, email@example.com is the Preferred email, and firstname.lastname@example.org is the work email under email@example.com record.
- Now, in Mailchimp, these two are separate contacts, they both received the newsletters in Mailchimp. When syncing back to Salesforce, since the above features are enabled, what happens is that Jsmith's work email-nonpreferred in Campaign responses will be synced to John Doe's preferred email record in Salesforce.
These use-cases below are using the "CRM Checkbox fields for Segmentation" feature on Salesforce NPSP integrations in SyncApps.
The Preferred email is the PERSONAL Email and Checkbox A is checked as one of the Preferences and it then synced to Group A in Mailchimp.
Note that Checkboxes A, B, and C are mapped to Groups A, B, and C in Step 1 accordingly.
Since Checkbox A was checked prior to when the Personal email was used as the Preferred email for this contact record, now changed to Work Email as the new preferred (Checkbox A still checked). And then Checkbox B is also checked for the work email so when the sync runs, the "Work Email" is now in Group A and Group B (since Salesforce is the Master and we'll always follow what is in that record in Salesforce).
Also, for updating the Email addresses when using preferred (use-case is that if the other email addresses like the alternate and work email address are already existing as other contacts in MC), we cannot update the existing MC Contact because the work email is already existing as another contact in MC so we will just connect to that existing Contact.
For example, Work email is now the new Preferred, note that Work Email is also pre-existing in Group B in MC, and Checkbox B is unchecked.
When we run the sync, does it also automatically connect MC Group B TO Checkbox B (if Step 2 webhook feature is enabled; update profile form)?
The answer for this use-case is that the regular sync won't update anything in Salesforce if the email address already exists, but the webhook does. So, the Contact will have to be manually updated first in Mailchimp so that the webhook fires/triggers, and SyncApps updates the record in Salesforce.
*Diagram below is for Scenario B
NPSP Feature: Create Organization Affiliation only for new records creation from Mailchimp
This feature is ideal for nonprofits that rely on donations.
- For example, you can see that a new record in Mailchimp donated to your nonprofit from their own pocket, not from that of the organization they are part of. Instead of creating/syncing the Company name in Mailchimp to the Company name/Account Name/ Org name in Salesforce NPSP, we will create an Affiliation (Household account) for that record instead. This way, you can keep better track of who donated and whether their donation had anything to do with their work affiliation or not.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save hundreds of hours per year!