Data integration using third-party software like SyncApps integrates via API. For Salesforce SyncApps integrations, Web Service API is needed so that you can be able to start integrating to your favorite Marketing Automation solution.
Salesforce SyncApps only work with Developer, Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited Editions. For Professional Edition, you may need to request API access from your Salesforce sales representative. *Lightning Developer, Lightning Professional, Lightning Enterprise, Lightning Unlimited are supported.
To enable your API access in Salesforce, simply follow these steps to enable the API access:
- Salesforce by Profile
- Salesforce by Permissions Sets
API Access by Profile
1. Tap the cog/gear icon on the upper left panel of the screen and tap Setup. In some cases, this is instead a questions mark which means that you don't have admin access so if this happens, please reach out to your Salesforce admin or Salesforce Support team.
2. Search the "Profiles" which is under the Users > Profiles or just type in "Profiles" on the quick find box.
3. Look for the Profiles that you need to enable API access for, preferably, the one that you'll be connecting for the SyncApps integration. For example, "Marketing User". And scroll down up to the "Administrative Permissions", tick the "API enabled" then Save it.
Enable API Access by Permissions Set
1. Tap the cog/gear icon on the upper left panel of the screen and tap Setup. In some cases, this is instead a questions mark which means that you don't have admin access so if this happens, please reach out to your Salesforce admin.
2. On the quick find box, type in "Permission Sets" and tap it.
3. Select the specific Permission set you need tap and scroll down under System and tap System Permissions.
4. Tap edit and tick the API Enabled box then Save.
NOTE: If on the Professional Edition with API enabled and run into an API overage using SyncApps, please reach out to our 24/7 support to discuss best practices.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.