Before You Get Started
Did you set up your SyncApps account? If not, start here:
Want the bird's eye view first? Check out some key documentation for the Sendinblue for Salesforce integration:
- How Salesforce works with your Marketing Automation
- How Campaign Response brings back Campaign metrics to Salesforce
- Getting Started with Campaign Layout Fields in Salesforce
- Pricing Packages
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
- Salesforce Classic and Lighting edition are both supported.
- SyncApps supports all built-on Salesforce AppExchange Apps.
- Make sure that your Salesforce account is API enabled.
- Create a test List View(s), Campaign(s), or records for testing purposes.
- Create a test List in Sendinblue (this test List will be specified in Step 2 of the Set Up where you want your Salesforce records to be synced)
- Scheduling of a Set-Up is available on Free Trial and plans. (Step 6)
Let’s Get Started!
How to Set Up Your Sendinblue for Salesforce Integration
If you are just setting up the integration, you will enjoy 4 full weeks to test out all your use cases and use all our features and integration capabilities.
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ records such as Contacts, Leads, and Accounts sync between Salesforce and Sendinblue
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Opt-Outs to and from Sendinblue, which is automatically managed by SyncApps between Salesforce records
- 1 or 1,000,000+ Salesforce Campaigns/List Views/Segments sync for Sendinblue List segmentation
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Campaign metrics such as opens, clicks, bounces, and links clicked from Sendinblue back to Salesforce
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Set-Up is available on Free Trial and plans (Step 6)
General Pre-Integration Steps
Log into your SyncApps account. This will land you in the SyncApps Dashboard. Head to Set-Ups and once you’ve selected the Set-Ups tab, tap the “Create Set Up” button.
Enter a name of your choice for your new Set Up as your identifier. Then for the Sync Type, select Sendinblue for Salesforce.
Step 1: Salesforce Configuration
Here's how to configure your Salesforce account and get it ready for the integration with Sendinblue via SyncApps:
- Select the preferred Authentication Type. If "OAuth2" is selected, just tap the connect button and enter the credentials.
- If the Username and Password option is selected, enter the Salesforce credentials together with your Salesforce security token.
- Enter your Salesforce account credentials, such as your username, password, and security token. Alternatively, you can use the Username and Password as the Authentication type; just make sure that your Salesforce account is API enabled.
- A Salesforce Sandbox is a test account type that can be used in SyncApps. This will not affect your live or production records when syncing. If you are testing records or requirements and want your production records to remain unaltered, enable this option.
- Select the Object Type to use. You can only use one Object Type per Set Up. For example, if you select Contact as the Object Type, then only these types of records will be synced to/from Constant Contact.
If done in Step 1 of the Set Up, hit next so that the configurations will be saved.
Step 2: Sendinblue Configuration
- Connect your Sendinblue account in this step by tapping the “Connect” button. You will then be directed to the oAuth page that’ll log in to Sendinblue. Enter your Sendinblue credentials here.
- Generate a new API Key, copy, and paste it into Step 2 of the Set Up into the API key box.
- To obtain a Sendinblue API key, please log into Sendinblue; while logged into your account, click on your name at the top-right side of the screen > Click SMTP & API. Under the API keys, Create a new API Key or copy an existing API Key into SyncApps.
- Enter the name of your Main List Now. A Sendinblue List can be selected from the dropdown of available Sendinblue Lists.
Now, what is the Main List, and why do we need to define it in Step 2?
You need to define the Main List because Sendinblue needs it in creating, updating, and removing records using its API.
If you would like to sync to a different List in Sendinblue, you'll need to create another Set Up for that use case.
Step 3: Full Sync Add-On
The Full Sync Add-On is applicable to CRM and eCommerce platforms and can be used in our trials and plans. The CRM must have List integration to be able to use Full Sync.
Read more about how the Full Sync Feature can automate your contact management today in our article here.
The Full Sync can be scheduled in Step 3 to Manual, Daily, or Weekly.
It allows you to keep your systems trued up with ease.
Step 4: Field Mapping
Field Mapping is optional. Basic fields such as Email address, First Name, Last Name, and Email Opt Out are already pre-mapped even if you haven’t enabled this Step. Otherwise, if you have more additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up in Step 4.
Step 5: Filtering and Segmentation
This is one of our most powerful features, which is why it's intensely used by most of our subscribers. Let's say you have thousands of records in NetSuite and only want to pull out the records with specific criteria. With SyncApps, only these records will be synced to your Sendinblue Main List.
Step 6: Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
More Options for Your Sendinblue for Salesforce Integration
Want to Use a Campaign or List View to Sync Campaign and List Members to Sendinblue? Select This Feature
- Why do you need this feature? This will help you segment your Salesforce Campaign(s) or List View(s) into Sendinblue and may help if you target specific Sendinblue Lists.
- A List will be created in Sendinblue for each Salesforce Campaign or List View.
- Are you using Person Accounts? SyncApps will know that your Salesforce instance uses Person Accounts, so please select this Object Type in Step 1 to sync.
- Not using Salesforce Campaign(s), List Views, but need to segment your Salesforce records in Sendinblue? Use our Filtering and Segmentation Feature in Step 5 of the Set Up.
Use Salesforce Checkbox Field(s) for Sendinblue List Segmentation
- You can create each of your Lists (checkboxes on your Sendinblue form) as checkboxes on the Lead or Contact record in Salesforce, then set up your Set-Up to match them in Step 1.
- Each Checkbox field must be named verbatim and spelled correctly to match existing Lists in Sendinblue.
Want to upgrade? It takes less than a minute! Check out our pricing options here.
Want to Track Marketing Metrics Such as Opens, Clicks, and Bounces Back to Salesforce from Your Sendinblue Campaign(s)? Select this feature
What exactly is Sync Campaign Response?
- Sync Campaign Responses means that we will bring back unlimited marketing metrics to your CRM from your Marketing Automation solution. You can even sync only records with opens or clicks activity to allow lead nurturing in CRM as well as what they clicked on in your drip marketing campaigns. Email Marketing Campaigns are synced back to CRM every time a sync runs or every 24 hours based on your sync schedule settings.
- Need to enable the feature of Campaign Response sync for Person Accounts? Check out this article: Set up Campaign Responses for Salesforce Accounts used as Person Accounts
Salesforce to Sendinblue Data Flows
Don't Want to Sync Contact, Leads, or Accounts to Your Sendinblue List? Select This Feature
- If you want to sync only the new records or existing records from Sendinblue, enable this option: One-way sync. No records will be synced from Salesforce.
Need to Store Other Email Address Fields in Sendinblue? Select This Feature
- By default, SyncApps will still use the standard email address field for record creation and updates. If you still want to sync the other email address fields like work email, personal email, and other email address fields outside the standard email address field, please enable this feature and then map the email address fields in Step 4 of the Set Up.
Are You Using the Namespace Prefix in Your Salesforce Account?
- Please input your 1 to 15-character namespace prefix.
Check Personal, Work, and Alternate Email for New Records Creation from Sendinblue
- When new records are created from your specified Main List, we'll check the native Email Address or Preferred email field in Salesforce first if the email address already exists. After that, we then check the non-preferred if that email address already exists; if so, then we will just not marry or connect the record.
- If you use Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP), please enable this feature, especially for records creation, to prevent duplicates from being created.
- Any opt-outs from Sendinblue will flow only back to the Preferred email address in Salesforce.
Create Organization Affiliation Only for New Records Creation from Sendinblue
- When enabled, SyncApps will create an Organization Affiliation based on the Company name from Sendinblue.
- This will create a Household Account with the Company from Sendinblue as affiliation only. This is only applicable to Salesforce NPSP.
Sendinblue to Salesforce Data Flows
Which Type of Record Would You Like to Create in Salesforce for New Records?
- Please select which Salesforce Object Type to be created when there is a new subscriber in Sendinblue.
- If no Object Type is selected, SyncApps will use the above Object Type (Object Type to Sync).
Please note that by default, SyncApps will always search for the email record in Salesforce, both in Leads and Contacts, then only create a Lead or Contact if no email exists in Salesforce for both Leads or Contacts. Also, the email template from Sendinblue is attached to the Salesforce Campaign that is created by SyncApps, not attached per Contact.
- On Lead creation, SyncApps will set the "Company" to "Individual" by default in Salesforce. Since SyncApps does not set the Company name from Sendinblue unless this field is mapped in Step 4 thus uses the Salesforce default ("Individual") when creating new Leads.
Create a New Contact or Lead in Salesforce Even If a Matching Email Record Exists for Either
- Enabling this will allow SyncApps to search for duplicates on the same object type only as of the "New Subscriber Object Type" and create a record.
- Example: If a record already exists as a Contact and you select Lead as the new subscriber object type, SyncApps will ignore the duplicate and will create a new Lead.
Do not create a new Account if Contact's company name cannot be found in Salesforce
- By default, SyncApps will create a new Account if the company name does not exist in Salesforce.
Do not sync Sendinblue subscribers to Salesforce (One-Way sync)
- If you do not want to sync any new records or existing records from Sendinblue, enable this option: One-way sync. No records will be synced from Sendinblue to Salesforce.
Do not sync unsubscribed emails status to Salesforce
- By default, SyncApps will set the opted-out status in Salesforce for unsubscribed emails. Please check this checkbox if you do not want unsubscribed emails to be synced.
Need Some Help with a Human Touch?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to email@example.com | Live Chat & Phone have to be scheduled in advance.
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.