Before You Get Started
Did you set up your SyncApps account? If not, start here:
Want the bird's eye-view first? Check out some key documentation for the Sendinblue for NetSuite integration:
- NetSuite Basic Records Flow
- NetSuite Permissions for SyncApps Integration
- How Marketing Metrics Work with NetSuite
- NetSuite Best Practice
- NetSuite Authentication Types for Integration Setup
- Pricing Details
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
- Make sure that your NetSuite Roles/Permissions and Authentication (Token Based Authentication is suggested) are set.
- Create a test Saved Search, NetSuite Subscription, or records for testing purposes.
- Create a test List in Sendinblue (this test List will be specified in Step 2 of the Set Up where you want your NetSuite records to be synced) or you can also use an existing Sendinblue List.
- Scheduling of a Set-Up is available on Free Trial and Paid plans. (Step 6)
Let’s Get Started!
How to Set Up Your Sendinblue for NetSuite Integration
If you are just setting up the integration, you will enjoy 4 full weeks to test out all your use cases and use all our features and integration capabilities.
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Records between Sendinblue and NetSuite
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Opt-Outs or unsubscribes from Sendinblue to NetSuite's Global Subscription Status set to "Soft Opt-Out"
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Saved Searches or NetSuite Subscriptions to Sendinblue Lists, Tags
- Integrate 1 - 1,000,000+ Marketing Metrics from Sendinblue back to NetSuite
- NetSuite eCommerce data synced to Sendinblue for Campaign ROI analysis
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Set-Up is available on Free Trial and Paid plans (Step 6)
General Pre-Integration Steps
Log into your SyncApps account. This will land you in the SyncApps Dashboard. Head to Set-Ups and once you’ve selected the Set-Ups tab, tap the “Create Set Up” button.
Enter a name of your choice for your new Set Up as your identifier. Then for the Sync Type, select NetSuite and Sendinblue.
Step 1: NetSuite Configuration
Enter your NetSuite account credentials using (TBA) Token-Based Authentication, please see the article below on how to do it:
Gather your information such as your Account ID, Username, Password, and Application ID, if you use the "Username and Password" Authentication type, which we also support.
You can use a NetSuite Sandbox, which is really just a test account that replicates your live NetSuite account. It uses testing records that will not affect your live or production records when syncing. If you are testing records or requirements and want your production records to remain unaltered, enable this option.
What Do You Want to Sync?
- Your options are All Contacts, Specific NetSuite Saved Searches, Specific NetSuite Contact Subscriptions, and Specific NetSuite Customer Subscriptions.
You can only select one "Records to Sync" per Set Up.
For example, if you select "All Contacts" as the "Records to Sync", then all the Contact type records in NetSuite will be synced to and from Sendinblue.
At the same time, each Saved Search will be created into Lists or Tags under the "My Lists" List Category that will be created by SyncApps.
If done in Step 1 of the Set Up, hit next so that the configurations will be saved.
Step 2: Sendinblue Configuration
- Connect your Sendinblue account in this step by tapping the “Connect” button. You will then be directed to the oAuth page that’ll log in to Sendinblue. Enter your Sendinblue credentials here.
- Generate a new API Key, copy then paste it in the API key box in Step 2 of the Set Up.
- To obtain a Sendinblue API key, log into Sendinblue, press the Top Menu: While logged into your account, click on your name at the top-right side of the screen > Click SMTP & API.>Under the API keys Create a new API Key or copy an existing API Key into SyncApps.
Now, what is the Main List, and why do we need to define it in Step 2?
Sync Sendinblue List can be selected from the dropdown of available Sendinblue Lists.
If you would like to sync to a different List in Sendinblue, you'll need to set up another Set Up for that use case.
If done in Step 2 of the Set Up, hit next so that the configurations will be saved.
Step 3: Full Sync Add-On
The Full Sync Add-On is applicable to CRM and eCommerce platforms and can be used in our trials and paid plans. The CRM must have List integration to be able to use Full Sync.
Read more about how the Full Sync Feature can automate your contact management today in our article here.
The Full Sync can be scheduled in Step 3 to Manual, Daily, or Weekly.
It allows you to keep your systems trued up with ease.
Step 4: Field Mapping
Field Mapping is optional. Basic fields such as Email Address, Name, Title, Address, Company Name, and Phone are already pre-mapped even if you haven’t enabled this step. If you have additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up here.
Step 5: Filtering and Segmentation
This step is one of the most powerful features ever used by most of our subscribers. For example, you have thousands of records in NetSuite then you only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, only these records will be synced to your Sendinblue Main List.
SyncApps recommendation: This feature works the same with the NetSuite Saved Search yet it's better to use the Saved Search feature in Step 1 instead as the Custom Fields available in Step 4 are tied to it. If using the Filtering and Segmentation feature purely then only the standard fields will be available for mapping in Step 4.
Check out this video on How Filtering and Segmentation Works:
Step 6: Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
Tap the "Finish" button and then Sync Now. Any questions or hit any snags? You can always reach out to our 24/7 Support Team.
More Options for Your Sendinblue for NetSuite Integration
New Subscriber Object Type
- Please select what NetSuite object type to be created when a new record is created in Sendinblue.
Replace UTF-16 Characters with Blank Space
- Emojis and other special characters with UTF-16 encoding are not supported by the NetSuite API. Enabling this feature will replace those characters with a blank space during sync to avoid errors.
Use Email Address as Entity ID (Name) for New Contact or Customer
- By default, SyncApps will not set Entity ID and let NetSuite generate the Entity ID.
- This also is dependent on the NetSuite setting as it can be an auto-generated number or First Name + Last Name for Contact Name and Company Name as Customer Name.
- If this option is checked SyncApps will use an email address instead.
Default Subsidiary (for NetSuite OneWorld User Only)
- For NetSuite OneWorld users please enter the default subsidiary name for new Customer or Contact created by SyncApps, otherwise, Customer or Contact creation will fail.
- In some cases, a subscriber will create a Set-Up for each NetSuite Subsidiary that they want to integrate. To make sure that each Set-Up syncs with its assigned Subsidiary please be sure to only use a NetSuite role with NetSuite Subsidiary access and also create a separate NetSuite role for reaching NetSuite Subsidiaries assigned.
After you have set the configuration in Step 1, hit the next button.
Sendinblue To NetSuite Flow
Do not sync Sendinblue subscribers to NetSuite (One-Way sync)
- If you do not want to sync any new records or existing records from Sendinblue, enable this option: One-way sync. No records will be synced from Sendinblue to NetSuite.
Do not sync unsubscribed emails status to NetSuite
- By default, SyncApps will set opted-out status in NetSuite for unsubscribed emails. Please check this checkbox if you do not want unsubscribed emails to be synced.
Tap the Finish button and then Sync Now.
THAT'S IT! YOU HAVE FINISHED SETTING UP YOUR INTEGRATION!
Need Some Help with a Human Touch?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our Support Team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat & Phone have to be scheduled.
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Be sure to see one customer's story on how SyncApps helped them save 13 days per year of manually importing/exporting data!