SyncApps supports the GDPR Compliance Feature in Mailchimp.
- You will need to go to your Mailchimp Audience and set the GDPR sign-up consent forms. See the guide here.
- Select which Mailchimp Audience for the GDPR field to be enabled. Tap the drop-down button beside the Stats button as seen in the screenshot below. Tap "Settings" then "List Name & Defaults".
- Enable the GDPR Field by selecting the checkbox. Save then you will notice that there will be a "GDPR" beside the list name which indicates that the GDPR fields are already set.
2. Open Sign-up Forms then tap Form Builder.
3. Input the Field label then the Field Type should be GDPR. Input the names of the checkbox choices, then the description. Once done then hit save.
Need a detailed guide on the fields above check out Mailchimp here.
4. Next, in CRM, create a Custom Checkbox field to match each of your GDPR fields to integrate back to CRM and Mailchimp.
- Head straight to Step 4 Field mapping of the Set Up. Tap “ Refresh Fields” so that the new GDPR fields will be exposed.
- In the Mailchimp drop-down option, the name of the field should be “ GDPR Field: (name of the checkbox field),” select that field, and select the Custom Checkbox Field in CRM.
- Works bidirectionally so the mapping direction can be from Mailchimp and CRM.
- Tap “Update” then Save.
- Hit Reset Sync Process and lastly resync.
And you're all set! Give it a try today!
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.