Hey there, thanks for stopping by!
Are you having trouble using Token Based Authentication over in your Netsuite Account?
Well, good news! As SyncApps now supports NetSuite Token Based Authentication (TBA) as an Authentication Type.
The NetSuite integration Authentication Type for NetSuite Username and Password will still function if in use, however, NetSuite recommends using TBA as it has the following benefits.
- Can have 5 concurrent API requests
- No password expiration issues
- Two Factor Authentication usage
In your Sync Profile, the Authentication Type for NetSuite Username and Password is still the default choice and all of your existing NetSuite integrations will continue to sync based on your setup.
Please see below a guide for you when selecting the NetSuite integration Authentication Type for Token Based Authentication (TBA).
Please be informed that integration using Token Based Authentication (TBA) requires the following values to be set:
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
- Token ID
- Token Secret
And to use Token Based Authentication (TBA), the following things need to be done:
- Enable Token Based Authentication
- Create Integration record
- Create a Role and assign to a User
- Create an Access Token for the Integration record, User, and Role
See how to enable Token Based Authentication (TBA) easily below:
- Go to Setup > Company > Enable Features > Suite Cloud > Manage Authentication
- Enable Token-Based Authentication
See how to simply create Integration Record below:
- Go to menu Setup > Integrations > Manage Integrations
- Tap the New button
- Set the name to "SyncApps Integration". Please make sure to tick the Token Based Authentication option.
- If you already have an integration record for SyncApps you can reuse it by editing the integration and tick the Token Based Authentication option.
- Please copy Consumer Key and Consumer secret values to be used in Sync Profile configuration.
Please take note that Consumer Key and Consumer Secret values are displayed only once so please make sure you copy them before going to another page.
See how to create a Role and assign to a User below:
- Go to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles > New.
- Create a role and assign necessary permission for SyncApps integration. Please click here for the list of permission required for SyncApps.
- The role must have "User Access Tokens" permission for integration using TBA.
4. Assign the Role to the desired user that will be used for integration. Go to Lists > Employees > Employees > edit user > Access tab > Roles subtab.
Create an Access Token for the Integration record, User, and Role
See below how to create an Access Token for the Integration record, User, and Role:
- Go to Setup > Users/Roles > Access Tokens > New.
- Select the Integration record, User, and Role created or referenced in the previous steps.
3. Token Id and Token Secret will be displayed after clicking the save button. Please copy Consumer Key and Consumer secret values to be used in Sync Profile configuration.
After the above steps are completed, you can now use the Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Token ID, and Token Secret in Sync Profile configuration.
Do you happen to manage multiple NetSuite integrations and need to update all credentials?
Check out our newest feature to update just a few or 100s of Sync Profiles with the same NetSuite Credentials, please reach out to 24/7 support folks today for the customization to be enabled.
*Show mass update credentials feature in Step 1 of any Sync Profile
Once the customization is enabled, head straight to Step 1 of the Sync Profile, make sure that you have entered the valid credentials to prevent errors.
Please note that this particular Sync Profile you have opened will be the basis of the NetSuite credentials to be updated to other selected Sync Profiles.
Tap the “Select Sync Profiles” button. This will then open a pop up of the Sync Profiles to be updated.
Select which Sync Profile to be updated then hit “Update” button. And lastly, tap “Save”.
Now all selected integrations will be updated with your NetSuite credentials. You’re all set.
Let us know if you hit any snags by reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be glad to help you out.