In this article, we will discuss how to see the Marketing Metrics such as Opens, Clicks, Bounces, URLs Clicked, Open Rates, and Click Rates in Salesforce integrated from your Marketing Automation software of choice.
What this means is that we will bring back the metrics to CRM from your Marketing Automation solution such as opens, clicks, bounces, forwards, unsubscribes, and URLs Clicked from any marketing sent to the List or Audience named in Step 2 of your integration.
Salesforce Campaign Member Status is always up-to-date with the latest status, automatically, as one of the following:
- Clicked: If the recipient clicked
- Opened: If the recipient opened
- Bounced: Email Bounced
- Unsubscribed: opted out of an email campaign
- Sent: If the recipient is a member of the Email Marketing Campaign and none of the above statuses applied.
5 Types of Campaign Response
Create Salesforce Campaign
- This option will create a Campaign in Salesforce from your Marketing Automation solution with the Campaign Members in it together with the individual Campaign Metrics. See the fields we create and the layouts needed to place each on here.
- An option to only sync back those as Campaign Members who interacted with the email sent is an option to limit Campaign Member creation and Salesforce storage.
- When you open a specific Contact, you can also see the Campaign engagements under the Campaign History.
A Salesforce Campaign is created for every email sent from your Marketing Automation solution to the Main List or Audience selected.
Campaign engagements under "Campaign History":
Create Salesforce Activity
- If this option is selected then each event such as Opening, Clicking will create a new Activity (Task) in Salesforce. Also, an option for tracking URLs Clicked and Send Event as Tasks.
- By default, URLs Clicked is synced to the activity description field.
If you need to sync it to a specific custom field say, for example, "URLs Clicked" you will need to create a new Task/Activity custom field in Salesforce and map it in your Set Up in Step 4.
Activity Task subject naming convention is set by SyncApps using the following logic:
If an Activity status is not mapped then status (opened, clicked, etc) will be added to the task subject
Example: Clicked email campaign: Test campaign 1
If an Activity status is mapped to a custom field then the status is not added to the task subject
Example: Email campaign: Test campaign 1
Create Salesforce Campaign + Activity
- This option is a combination of Option 1 and Option 2.
- If Campaign + Activity mode is selected then the Email Event field will also be populated in both Activities and in the Campaign.
Create Contacts or Lead Notes
- If using this option then no extra field placement is needed. We will sync back your Email Campaign(s) to Salesforce Notes and in addition, add an attachment of the Email sent to Leads and Contacts.
- Please note for the Email Attachment, Salesforce Storage will be used as well so make sure you have storage available. (Designed for Financial Institutions, Insurance Agencies, Banks, and others for compliance reasons)
Bring back Marketing Metrics only
- This Option will create a Campaign in Salesforce from your Marketing Automation that has the total number of Campaign Metrics from a specific Campaign. This will not sync Campaign Members which will save tons of Salesforce storage.
- The fields such as Opens, Clicks, Forwards, Bounces, Unsubscribes, URLs Clicked and Email Events are mapped in Step 4 for summary-based reporting Salesforce.
After selecting the preferred Campaign Response Sync Mode in Step 1 of the Set Up, next, you can map the totals for the Campaign Response fields in Step 4 for the Campaigns you send out back to Salesforce. Choose the Campaigns Tab in Step 4 to map each field.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to email@example.com | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Be sure to see one subscriber's story on how SyncApps helped them save 13 days per year of manually importing/exporting data!