Sync Campaign Response or "Want to track the Marketing Metrics such as Opens, Clicks, Bounces back to Salesforce from your (Your selected Email Marketing Automation Software)?" means that we will bring back the metrics to CRM from your Marketing Automation solution such as opens, clicks, bounces, forwards, and clicked links from any marketing sent to the List named in Step 2 of your integration.
For Salesforce Campaign Member Status we always sync with the latest status, automatically, as one of the following:
- Clicked: If the recipient clicked
- Opened: If the recipient opened
- Bounced: Email Bounced
- Unsubscribed: opted out of an email campaign
- Sent: If the recipient is a member of the Email Marketing Campaign and none of the above statuses applied.
Note: Mailchimp API does not have an efficient way to update for "Sent" in the Campaign Member Status for Automation Campaigns (not regular Email Campaigns) as Mailchimp does not give a timestamp when the actual sending is done. This status is not always 100% exact.
5 Types of Campaign Response
Create Salesforce Campaign
- This option will create a Campaign in Salesforce from your Marketing Automation solution with the Campaign Members in it together with the individual Campaign Metrics. See the fields we create and the layouts needed to place each on here.
- An option to only sync back those as Campaign Members who interacted with the email sent is an option to limit Campaign Member creation and Salesforce storage.
- When you open a specific Contact, you can also see the Campaign engagements under the Campaign History.
Salesforce Campaign is created for every email sent from your Marketing Automation solution to the Main List or Audience selected.
Campaign engagements under "Campaign History":
Create Salesforce Activity
- If this option is selected then each event such as Opening, Clicking will create a new Activity (Task) in Salesforce. Also, an option for tracking URLs clicked and sent the event as Tasks.
- By default clicked URL is synced to the activity description field.
If you need to sync it to a specific custom field say, for example, "Clicked URL" you will need to create a new Task/Activity custom field and map it in SyncApps.
Activity Task subject naming convention is set by SyncApps using the following logic:
If an Activity status is not mapped then status (opened, clicked, etc) will be added to the task subject
Example: Clicked email campaign: Test campaign 1
If an Activity status is mapped to a custom field then the status is not added to the task subject
Example: Email campaign: Test campaign 1
Note: Email Event field will not be populated because events are already recorded as activities.
Create Salesforce Campaign + Activity
- This option is a combination of Option 1 and Option 2.
- IF Campaign + Activity mode is selected then the Email Event field will not be populated because events are already recorded as Activities in Salesforce.
If wanting to have Email Events (Clicked URLs) populate the Campaign History in Email Events then only selecting Create Salesforce Campaign as Mode for Campaign Response will do the trick.
Create Contacts or Lead Notes
- If using this option then no extra field placement is needed. We will sync back your Email Campaign(s) to Salesforce Notes and in addition, add an attachment of the Email sent to Leads and Contacts.
- Please note for the Email Attachment, Salesforce Storage will be used as well so make sure you have storage available. (Designed for Financial Institutions, Insurance Agencies, Banks and others for compliance reasons)
Bring back Marketing Metrics only
- This Option will create a Campaign in Salesforce from your Marketing Automation that has the total number of Campaign Metrics from a specific Campaign. This will not sync Campaign Members which will save tons of Salesforce storage.
- To set up fields to see the total number of Campaign Metrics or the Summary please see this article linked.
After selecting the preferred Campaign Response Sync Mode in Step 1 of the Sync Profile, next, you can map the totals for the Campaign Response fields in Step 4 for the Campaigns you send out back to Salesforce.
Check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save 100s of hours per year!