Hey there, thanks for stopping by to learn about how TBA works with our NetSuite integrations!
TBA (Token Based Authentication) over in your NetSuite Account is super simple to get set up to use in your SyncApps integrations.
Using a NetSuite Sandbox for testing? We've got you covered.
Well, good news! SyncApps supports NetSuite Token Based Authentication (TBA) as an Authentication Type.
It should be super simple to get this set up today for any NetSuite integration you are using with SyncApps.
If you are still using the NetSuite integration Authentication Type for NetSuite Username and Password then don't worry as we support it, however, NetSuite recommends using TBA as it has the following benefits.
- Can have 5 concurrent API requests
- No password expiration issues
- Two Factor Authentication usage
So to get started using Token Based Authentication (TBA) you'll need a few things handy. You might also want to get your NetSuite administrator, consultant, or agency involved here as it gets into the NetSuite weeds.
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
- Token ID
- Token Secret
And to use Token Based Authentication (TBA), the following things need to be done first:
- Enable Token-Based Authentication
- Create Integration record
- Create a Role and assign it to a User
- Create an Access Token for the Integration record, User, and Role
See how to enable Token Based Authentication (TBA) easily below:
- Go to your NetSuite Setup > Company > Enable Features > Suite Cloud > Manage Authentication
- Enable Token-Based Authentication
See how to create an Integration Record below:
- Go to menu Setup > Integrations > Manage Integrations
- Tap the New button
- Set the name to "SyncApps Integration". Please make sure to tick the Token-Based Authentication option, uncheck the "TBA: AUTHORIZATION FLOW" and "AUTHORIZATION CODE GRANT" option, and check the "TBA: ISSUETOKEN ENDPOINT" option.
- If you already have an integration record for SyncApps, you can reuse it by editing the integration and checking the Token-Based Authentication option.
- Please copy the Consumer Key and Consumer secret values to be used in the Sync Profile configuration.
Please take note that Consumer Key and Consumer Secret values are displayed only once, so please make sure you copy them before going to another page. You can also reuse the consumer key and consumer secret to linking one integration (consumer key and consumer secret) to multiple access tokens.
See how to create a Role and assign it to a User below:
- Go to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles > New
- Create a role and assign necessary permissions for SyncApps integration. (Please tap here for the list of permissions required for all NetSuite integrations)
- The role must have "User Access Tokens" permission for integration using TBA.
- Assign the Role to the desired user that will be used for integration. Go to Lists > Employees > Employees > edit user > Access tab > Roles sub-tab.
Create an Access Token for the Integration record, User, and Role
See below how to create an Access Token for the Integration record, User, and Role:
- Go to Setup > Users/Roles > Access Tokens > New.
- Select the Integration record, User, and Role created or referenced in the previous steps.
- Token Id and Token Secret will be displayed after tapping the save button. Please copy the Consumer Key and Consumer secret values to be used in the Sync Profile configuration.
After the above steps are completed, you can now use the Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Token ID, and Token Secret in one or multiple Sync Profile configurations.
Sandbox Tokens need to be created and recreated again if the Sandbox is refreshed.
Read the NetSuite TBA Help Center article here for a deeper insight into the robust, industry standard-based mechanism that increases overall system security.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our Support Team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled.
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save hundreds of hours per year!