TBA (Token Based Authentication) in your NetSuite Account is super simple to set up and use in your SyncApps NetSuite integrations.
Using a NetSuite Sandbox for testing? We've got you covered.
Still using the NetSuite integration the username and password authentication type for NetSuite? That's OK -- we still support it! However, NetSuite recommends using token-based authentication for the following benefits:
- Can have 5 concurrent API requests
- No password expiration issues
- Two Factor Authentication usage
So to get started using Token Based Authentication (TBA) you'll need a few things handy. You might also want to get your NetSuite administrator, consultant, or agency involved here as you may need their input. To set up TBA, you need:
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
- Token ID
- Token Secret
Before You Use Token-Based Authentication (TBA) for Your NetSuite Integrations on SyncApps
Here's what you need before using TBA:
- Enable Token-Based Authentication
- Create Integration record
- Create a Role and assign it to a User
- Create an Access Token for the Integration record, User, and Role
How to Enable NetSuite Token Based Authentication (TBA) in SyncApps
- Go to your NetSuite Setup > Company > Enable Features > Suite Cloud > Manage Authentication
- Enable Token-Based Authentication
How to Create an Integration Record
- Go to menu Setup > Integrations > Manage Integrations
- Tap the New button
- Set the name to "SyncApps Integration". Please make sure to tick the Token-Based Authentication option, uncheck the "TBA: AUTHORIZATION FLOW" and "AUTHORIZATION CODE GRANT" option, and check the "TBA: ISSUETOKEN ENDPOINT" option with User Credentials too.
- If you already have an integration record for SyncApps, you can reuse it by editing the integration and checking the Token-Based Authentication option.
- Please copy the Consumer Key and Consumer secret values to be used in the Set Up configuration.
Please take note that Consumer Key and Consumer Secret values are displayed only once, so please make sure you copy them before going to another page. You can also reuse the consumer key and consumer secret to linking one integration to multiple access tokens.
Create a Role and Assign it to a User
- Go to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles > New
- Create a role and assign necessary permissions for SyncApps integration. (Please tap here for the list of permissions required for all NetSuite integrations)
- The role must have "User Access Tokens" permission for integration using TBA.
- Assign the Role to the desired user that will be used for integration. Go to Lists >Employees > Employees > Edit user > Access tab > Roles sub-tab.
Create an Access Token for the Integration Record, User, and Role
- Go to Setup > Users/Roles > Access Tokens > New.
- Select the Integration record, User, and Role created or referenced in the previous steps.
- Token Id and Token Secret will be displayed after tapping the save button. Please copy the Consumer Key and Consumer secret values to be used in the Set Up configuration.
After the above steps are completed, you can now use the Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Token ID, and Token Secret in one or multiple Set Up configurations.
Sandbox Tokens need to be created and recreated again if the Sandbox is refreshed.
Read the NetSuite TBA Help Center article here for a deeper insight into the robust, industry standard-based mechanism that increases overall system security.
Need Some Help with a Human Touch?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our Support Team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat & Phone have to be scheduled.
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Be sure to see one customer's story on how SyncApps helped them save 13 days per year of manually importing/exporting data!