A few years back, Mailchimp changed the name of Statics Segments to Tags. "Tags" is now the official term.
A bit of background information might be useful here.
What Are Static Segments in Mailchimp?
A Mailchimp Static Segment is a type of saved segment that only includes the subscribed contacts who shared specific common qualities when created. Today, they are called “Tags". It's a simple name change that does not affect the functionality.
What Are Tags in Mailchimp?
Tags work the same way as Static Segments did. The name change helps keep things more succinct and user-friendly.
This feature is very useful for CRM, Financial, and especially eCommerce integrations, to help you target their specific customers without manually putting them into segments. Just set it and let SyncApps work its magic!
How Do I Manually Create a Tag in Mailchimp?
Try out the following steps on how to manually do a Tag in Mailchimp:
- Head to your Audience in Mailchimp and select a specific Audience.
- Once you have selected a specific Audience, tap "Manage Contacts" and "Tag", then "Create Tags"
- Set the criteria, let's say on the Audience you want to target a Campaign to customers with those ending with "@gmail.com." Email Address > Ends with > @gmail.com.
- Tap Preview Tag, then this will show a segment with specific contacts under that Audience, tap " Save as Tag. Then there you have it!
How Do Tags Work in SyncApps?
Let's see how Mailchimp Tags are created with SyncApps and how they work.
It is now easy to automatically create Tag(s) based on your CRM List Views, Marketing List(s), Tags, Saved Search(es), Tearsheet(s), Campaign(s), or even eCommerce Product(s) and Variation(s) you have set up in Step 1 of the Set Up.
In Step 2 of the Set-Up, you will need to select "Use Tags" under the Segmentation Method option. Simply edit your Set-Up. After editing, don’t forget to hit Save, Reset Sync Process, and then Sync Now.
This is so SyncApps can determine changes/customization in your Set-Up before working its magic.
If you want to automatically remove Tags from your Mailchimp records when they no longer apply to the CRM Lists, List Views, Campaigns, or any filtering you have set up in Step 5, then just use our Full Sync feature to accomplish this task.
A Few Things to Remember about Tags in SyncApps Mailchimp Integrations
- Sync Now will not remove tags.
- Only the scheduled Full Sync will remove tags that are no longer part of a segment. Full Sync can be set to run daily, weekly, or monthly based on your settings in Step 3.
- Pressing the "Reset Sync Process" button on your Set-Up will kick off the Full Sync before the scheduled Full Sync is to take place as well.
The Full Sync feature is used a lot by subscribers to overcome Mailchimp's 60 Group limitation per Audience, especially those who are using many products or categories in your system of record to sync to Mailchimp.
Need Some Help with a Human Touch?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to email@example.com | Live Chat & Phone have to be scheduled
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Be sure to see one customer's story on how SyncApps helped them save 13 days per year of manually importing/exporting data!