Apto, a robust commercial real estate management software running on Salesforce integrates with MailChimp, Constant Contact, and more.
Here are two demos for Mailchimp and Constant Contact:
Mailchimp for Apto:
Constant Contact for Apto:
Best Practices for Apto Integration
You have the option to segment your Apto Contacts based on Contact field(s) criteria, Apto Groups by using the List View feature in Step 1 of the Set-Up and letting SyncApps segment them into lists in Constant Contact or Mailchimp for better-targeted Campaigns.
Please note that using Apto Groups as the criteria for your List Views is the quickest way to get started seeing your records in Mailchimp or Constant Contact.
If the Filtering and Segmentation feature in Step 5 of the integration is disabled then SyncApps will sync all your Apto Contacts to your specified Constant Contact Main List or Mailchimp Main Audience if not using the List View/Filtering and Segmentation feature.
This method mimics your Apo Groups feature but is dynamic using SyncApps.
1.) Log in to SyncApps and tap the "Set Ups" located at the upper left panel of your screen then tap the "Create new Integration".
2.) Name the Set Up based on your preference and then the second text box, type in the name "Apto" and you will see the available integration combo logos. Tap the one you are integrating and tap the "Create new Set Up" button.
3.) In Step 1 of the integration Set Up, tap the "Authorize Apto Account" and select "Contact" as the Object type.
If using List Views, please enable this feature in Step 1 then select the List Views that you want to sync over to Constant Contact.
4.) Enable the feature to sync back Campaign Metrics to Apto in Step 1 of your Set Up
Please note that Apto uses the available method for “Salesforce Platform” licenses, which is Notes or Activities for Campaign Response Sync Mode in Step 1 of your Set Up.
Create Contacts or Lead Notes | Activities in Apto
- If using the Notes option, make sure that you have the "Notes & Attachments" added to your Contact page layout. We will sync back your Email Campaign(s) to Salesforce "Notes & Attachments" and in addition, add an attachment of the Email sent to Contacts.
- Please note for the Email Attachment, Salesforce Storage will be used as well so make sure you have storage available. (Designed for Financial Institutions, Brokers, Insurance Agencies, Banks, and others for compliance reasons)
- If using Activities then an Activity is created for Sends, Opens, Clicks, etc. from your email marketing platform into Apto automatically.
5.) Once done hit the "Next Step" button this will then lead you to Step 2 of the Set Up setup. Connect to your Marketing Automation software and enter the Main List (Constant Contact) or Audience (Mailchimp) that you'll be using for this integration.
- For Constant Contact with Apto integration, a new list with the name will be created automatically for you during the sync process or you can use the names of your existing lists.
- For Mailchimp with Apto integration, make sure that you have an existing Mailchimp Audience to use as this will be selected as the Main Audience for that specific Set Up
When adding new subscribers to any List or Audience only those in your "Main List" will be synced or please select the option to sync all active Contacts features, to sync the specific List or Audience subscribers to Apto.
6.) Hit next until you reach Step 5 of the Integration Set Up. Now, enable the filtering and segmentation feature. Then set up the filtering and segments. See the guide below on how to set it up:
See the Example below:
If using the "Contact Record Type" as the filtering criteria, in SyncApps, that will be translated as "Record Type Name"
7.) Lastly, set the Sync Interval to 24 hours, or based on your preference, hit the finish button and run the sync by tapping the "Sync Now" button.
Once the Sync is completed, you will then see the list(s) created by SyncApps from the "Filtering and Segmentation" feature in Step 5.
- For Constant Contact, See the list now? Good!
- For Mailchimp, by default, if "Use Groups" as the segmentation method is selected, the segment will be synced under your Main Audience's Manage Contacts>Groups>"My Groups" Group Category>(the segment created in Step 5):
If "Use Tags" is selected, then that will fall under Manage Contacts>Tags>(the segment name created in Step 5)
Then make sure that the recipients of your Marketing Campaign(s) are those list(s) that were synced by SyncApps so that we can surely sync back the Campaign Responses to each Apto Contact note as an attachment or an Activity on the record.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to email@example.com | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Be sure to see one customer's story on how SyncApps helped them save 13 days per year of manually importing/exporting data!