Apto, acquired by Buildout in 2022, is a robust commercial real estate management software running on Salesforce, that integrates with MailChimp, Constant Contact, and more.
Best Practices for Apto Integration
You have the option to segment your Apto Contacts based on Contact field(s) criteria, and Apto Groups by using the List View feature in Step 1 of the Set-Up and letting SyncApps segment them into lists in Constant Contact or Mailchimp for better-targeted Campaigns.
Just so you know, using Apto Groups as the criteria for your List Views is the quickest way to get started seeing your records in Mailchimp or Constant Contact.
If the Filtering and Segmentation feature in Steps of the integration is disabled, SyncApps will sync all your Apto Contacts to your specified Constant Contact Main List or Mailchimp Main Audience if not using the List View/Filtering and Segmentation feature.
This method mimics your Apo Groups feature but is dynamic using SyncApps.
1.) Log in to SyncApps and tap the "Set Ups" located at the upper left panel of your screen, then tap the "Create new Integration."
2.) Name the Set Up based on your preference, and then in the second text box, type in the name "Apto" and you will see the available integration combo logos. Tap the one you are integrating and tap the "Create new Set Up" button.
3.) In Step 1 of the integration Set Up, tap the "Authorize Apto Account" and select "Contact" as the Object type.
If using List Views, please enable this feature in Step 1, then select the List Views you want to sync to Constant Contact.
4.) Enable the feature to sync back Campaign Metrics to Apto in Step 1 of your Set Up
Please note that Apto uses the available “Salesforce Platform” license method, Notes or Activities for Campaign Response Sync Mode in Step 1 of your Set Up. If using Campaigns, please use our Salesforce integration for this capability.
Create Contacts or Lead Notes | Activities in Apto
- If using the Notes option, make sure that you have the "Notes & Attachments" added to your Contact page layout. We will sync your Email Campaign(s) to Salesforce "Notes & Attachments" and add an attachment of the Email sent to Contacts.
- Just so you know, for the Email Attachment, and Salesforce Storage will be used as well, so make sure you have storage available. (Designed for Financial Institutions, Brokers, Insurance Agencies, Banks, and others for compliance reasons)
- If using Activities, an Activity is automatically created for Sends, Opens, Clicks, etc., from your email marketing platform into Apto.
5.) Once done, hit the "Next Step" button, leading you to Step 2 of the Set Up setup. You can connect to your Marketing Automation software and enter the Main List (Constant Contact) or Audience (Mailchimp) you'll use for this integration.
- For Constant Contact with Apto integration, a new list with the name will be created automatically for you during the sync process, or you can use the names of your existing lists.
- For Mailchimp with Apto integration, make sure that you have an existing Mailchimp Audience to use, as this will be selected as the Main Audience for that specific Set Up.
When adding new subscribers to any List or Audience, only those in your "Main List" will be synced, please select the option to sync all active Contacts features, to sync the specific List or Audience subscribers to Apto.
6.) Hit next until you reach the Filtering and Segmentation step of the Integration Set Up. Now, you can enable the filtering and segmentation feature for filtering and segments. See the guide below on how to set it up:
See the Example below:
If using the "Contact Record Type" as the filtering criteria, in SyncApps, that will be translated as "Record Type Name"
If using the "Group ID" as the filtering criteria, in SyncApps, then we will automatically pull all the records that fall to that "Group ID" you've specified going into your Marketing Automation Solution as a List, Group or Tag.
7.) Lastly, set the Sync Interval to 24 hours, or based on your preference, hit the finish button and run the sync by tapping the "Sync Now" button.
Once the Sync is completed, you will then see the list(s) created by SyncApps from the "Filtering and Segmentation" feature in Step 5.
- For Constant Contact, please take a look at the list now. Good!
- For Mailchimp, by default, if "Use Groups" as the segmentation method is selected, the segment will be synced under your Main Audience's Manage Contacts>Groups>"My Groups" Group Category>(the segment created in Step 5):
If "Use Tags" is selected, then that will fall under Manage Contacts>Tags>(the segment name created in Step 5)
Then please make sure that the recipients of your Marketing Campaign(s) are those list(s) that were synced by SyncApps so that we can certainly sync back the Campaign Responses to each Apto Contact note as an attachment or an Activity on the record.
Need some help?
Check out the options below for contacting our support team and finding the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to email@example.com | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.