Sync Campaign Response means that we will bring back the metrics to CRM from your Marketing Automation solution such as opens, clicks, bounces, forwards, and clicked links from any marketing sent to the List named in Step 2 of your integration.
Here is a video on how to place the fields above in Salesforce (Constant Contact example)
For Salesforce Campaign Member Status we always sync with the latest status, one of the following:
- Clicked: If the recipient clicked
- Opened: If the recipient opened
- Bounced: Email Bounced
- Unsubscribed: opted out an email campaign
- Sent: If the recipient is a member of the Email Marketing Campaign and none of the above statuses applied.
Note: Mailchimp API does not have an efficient way to update for "Sent" in the Campaign Member Status for Automation Campaigns (not regular Email Campaigns) as Mailchimp does not give timestamp when the actual sending is done. This status can sometimes not always be 100% correct.
5 Types of Campaign Response, or Marketing Metrics to choose from!
Create Salesforce Campaign
- This option will create a Campaign in Salesforce from your Marketing Automation solution with the Campaign Members in it together with the individual Campaign Metrics.
Create Salesforce Activity
- If this option is selected then each event such as Opening, Clicking will create a new Activity (Task) in Salesforce. Also, an option for tracking URLs clicked and sent the event as Tasks.
- By default clicked URL is synced to the activity description field.
If you need to sync it to a specific custom field say, for example, "Clicked URL" you will need to create a new Task/Activity custom field and map it in SyncApps.
Regarding any Activity Task subject naming convention, currently, SyncApps will follow the following logic:
If an Activity status is not mapped then status (opened, clicked, etc) will be added to the task subject
Example: Clicked email campaign: Test campaign 1
If an Activity status is mapped to a custom field then the status is not added to the task subject
Example: Email campaign: Test campaign 1
Create Salesforce Campaign + Activity
- This option is a combination of Option 1 and Option 2.
Create Contacts or Lead Notes
- If using this option then no extra field placement is needed. We will sync back your Email Campaign(s) to Salesforce Notes and in addition, add an attachment of the Email sent to Leads and Contacts.
- Please send our 24/7 support note to turn this feature on in your SyncApps account. Please note Salesforce Storage will be used as well so make sure you have storage available. (Designed for Financial Institutions, Insurance Agencies, Banks and others for compliance reasons)
Create Salesforce Campaign Only (No Campaign Member)
- This Option will create a Campaign in Salesforce from your Marketing Automation that has the total number of Campaign Metrics from a specific Campaign. This will not sync Campaign Members.
- To setup fields to see the total number of Campaign Metrics or the Summary please see this article linked.
After selecting the preferred Campaign Response Sync Mode in Step 1 of the Sync Profile, next, you can map the totals for the Campaign Response fields in Step 4 for the Campaigns you send out back to Salesforce.
Please note that the Campaign tab fields may vary based on the chosen Sync Mode selected in Step 1.