Setting up Eventbrite for Salesforce Setup is super simple to do once all the requirements are known.
We’ve crafted this article just for subscribers like you to walk you through how SyncApps works with your Eventbrite for Salesforce integration.
Before starting, take a look at our basic integration setup, as explained here:
Check out some key documentation for Eventbrite with Salesforce integration:
- Mapping event fields from Eventbrite to Salesforce
- How to sync Eventbrite Custom Questions to Salesforce
Before setting up the integration, here are some important points to remember:
- Salesforce Classic and Lightning edition are both supported.
- Make sure that your Salesforce account is API enabled.
- Scheduling of integration or a Set Up is available on Free Trial and Paid plans (Step 5).
Let’s Get Started!
Setting up your Integration Set Up
Setting up your Set Up (integration) is super simple!
Setting up your Set Up (integration) is easy!
You are now setting up the integration, so enjoy 4 Full Weeks to test out all your use cases using all our features and integration capabilities.
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ records between Eventbrite and Salesforce
- Sync 1 or 1,000,000+ Events from Eventbrite to Salesforce
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of integration or a Set Up is available on Free Trial and Paid Plans (Step 5)
Logging in to your SyncApps account will land you the SyncApps Dashboard. Head to integration or a Set Up and Once you’ve selected the integration or a Set Ups tab, tap the “Create Set Up” button.
Give a name for your new integration or a Set Up to serve as your identifier. Then in Sync Type, select Salesforce and Eventbrite.
Step 1: Salesforce
Select the preferred Authentication Type.
If "OAuth2" is selected, just tap the connect button and enter the credentials.
If the Username and Password option is selected, enter the Salesforce credentials together with your Salesforce security token.
Salesforce Sandbox is a test account type that uses testing records so that the Sync won't affect your live or production records when you try the Sync process out. If you are testing records or requirements, and want your production records to remain unaltered, enable this option.
Sync Eventbrite Events to Salesforce Campaigns
- A Salesforce Campaign will be created for each Eventbrite event within the last 90 days. When you create an Email Event in Eventbrite, the registrant, if they're not in Salesforce as a Lead or Contact, will be automatically created and the event will be listed as a Campaign in their Salesforce record.
- Event Registration Date, Registration Status, Payment Status, and Guest Count all into the "Email Events" field only if "Use Separate Custom Fields for Event Marketing Fields" isn't checked. SyncApps will automatically create the field called "Email Events", so please place this field on the Campaign History layout.
- If "Use Separate Custom Fields for Event Marketing Fields"
- If "Allow mapping Event Registrant details to Campaign Member custom fields" is checked, you can map new custom fields to Salesforce in Step 4 for an Event created in Eventbrite.
If you need to migrate Campaign Emails sent past a rolling 90 days, please contact us today to enable a paid migration Add-On for this requirement.
Use Separate Custom Fields for Event Marketing Fields
- By default, all event fields (Registration Status, Payment Status, Guest Count) are synced to the "Email Events" field.
Map Event Registrant details to Campaign Member Custom Field
- Event registrant details will be mapped to the Campaign Member Custom Fields.
Map Custom Questions
- This option will enable your Eventbrite Custom Questions to be synced. Once this option is enabled, Custom Question Fields will be available for mapping in Step 4 under the Events tab.
- Don’t have any Eventbrite Custom Questions? See here on how to create yours. See Here
Campaign Record Type Name for Eventbrite Event
- Please enter an active campaign Record Type Name (not Campaign Type) to be used by SyncApps in campaign object creation.
- Record Types are supported in the Salesforce Enterprise edition only. Please note that Campaign Record Type is different from Campaign Type.
- This field is optional. If omitted, the default Record Type will be used.
Do not create a new Account if Contact's company name cannot be found in Salesforce
- By default, SyncApps will create a new Account if the company name does not exist in Salesforce. For Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) users we will set the Primary Affiliation field for Account/Company name.
After setting up in Step 1, hit the Next button.
Step 2: Eventbrite
Tap the Connect button then enter the Eventbrite credentials.
Step 3: Field Mapping
Basic Fields Premapped
Additional field mapping is optional. Basic Contact and Lead fields like the ones listed below are already mapped for you from your Eventbrite Registrants.
- Email Address
- Account Name
Don't see the fields you need to map?
Check out this video on How Field Mapping Works:
Step 4: Scheduling
Finally, the last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
Tap the "Finish" button then Sync Now, and you're done.
Check out this video on How Scheduling Works:
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save hundreds of hours per year!