Are you a start-up, nonprofit, small business or Enterprise working with a Salesforce expert?
You're in good company | Guided Tour
Salesforce supported editions
SyncApps is available for ONLY Salesforce Professional (API Enabled), Enterprise, Unlimited and Developer editions.
Due to restrictions on Salesforce Professional, the ability to look-up Salesforce information and post back from applications requires adding API access to your Professional Edition organization; this is an additional cost ($300/year/user/org) to the Professional Edition.
See how you can get started with Constant Contact for Salesforce today! Video>
- Once you have created a Sync Profile (don't worry it is simple to do) from your dashboard and are on Step 1 selecting "Sync Campaign Response" be sure to check your Salesforce layouts to make sure all fields created by SyncApps are dragged into the layouts for your Salesforce organization before continuing to Step 2.
Sync Campaign Responses enabled feature is required in Step 1 of your Sync Profile setup before fields are automatically created by SyncApps.
*Using Accounts Object (person accounts) and need to see Campaign Metrics?
Basically there are 3 layouts that needs to be edited in order to work for Salesforce Professional Edition with API Enabled:
* Campaign Page Layout: Add Campaign CazoomiId (optional for Enterprise Edition but make sure username has access to the fields)
* Campaign Member Page Layout: Add Campaign CazoomiId, Clicks, Bounces, Forwards, etc (optional for Enterprise Edition but make sure username has access to the fields)
* Contact/Lead Page Layout: Add Clicks, Bounces, Forwards to Campaign History related list. (optional but needed to see the metrics in contact/lead layout.)
- If syncing EventSpot please note SyncApps will sync to Salesforce the Registration Date, Registration Status, Payment Status and guest count all into to "Email Events" field only if "Use Separate Custom Fields for Event Marketing Fields" is not checked. If "Use Separate Custom Fields for Event Marketing Fields" is checked then please map the fields in custom field mapping section in your Sync Profile.
Review how one Salesforce Partner implements this solution on our blog...
LPL Financial folks! We support Constant Contact Email Campaigns to track the metrics to Salesforce Notes + Attachment for the email template sent to any Constant Contact list.
LPL Financial SyncApps for Salesforce is a new way to get your data syncing every day/week/month/year with Constant Contact. The Constant Contact Email Marketing Platform, which starts at only $25/month/company, syncs to over 20+ Apps.
Looking to get a FINRA Compliant version of Constant Contact? Sign up here: http://lplfinancial.constantcontact.com
The Professional version of SyncApps is offered to LPL Financial for $24.99 (list price $49.99).
Salesforce layouts check:
* Drag Campaign Cazoomiid into the Campaign Page Layout
* Drag CampaignMember Cazoomiid into the Campaign Member Page Layout and any fields you want to report on like Opens, Clicks, Forwards and Bounces
* The Campaign metrics fields placed in Campaign History layout (related lists) + Email Events will bring in the "URLs clicked" into Salesforce upon each scheduled sync
Getting started in your trial! GUIDED TOUR VIDEO
2 Week Free Trial testing best practice after you have setup your Sync Profile:
- Select 1 Salesforce Campaign or Cazoomi Marketing List to sync over to your Email Marketing Platform (if using Accounts then these will pull the first 100 good Accounts to sync on initial sync)
- Place a few Contacts or Leads into it (if using person accounts please use Cazoomi Marketing List for this task)
- Make sure "Email Opt-Out" field is visible on the Salesforce Account, Contact or Lead page layout used
- Use an empty List in your Marketing Automation solution to sync to as the Master List
- Press "Sync Now"
- Check your Marketing Automation Platform List for the 1 Salesforce Campaign or Cazoomi Marketing List now under the empty Master List filled with up to 100 good records from the Trial
- Create and Send an email campaign to your List which you have just synced
- In your Sync Profile select the Specific Campaign to Sync feature in Step 2, choose the Email Campaign just sent & press Save
- Press "Sync Now"
- Check Salesforce record's Campaign History to see all metrics on the record (opens, clicks, bounces, forwards, email events)
- Check Sync Dashboard and select Reports to review details of each Sync run test
- Run again for your team to show how it works!
- If using both Leads and Contacts please create 2 Sync Profiles from your SyncApps Dashboard
- Setup separate Sync Profiles for both object types, Leads & Contacts. If using Salesforce Accounts select Accounts as the object type
Using Salesforce Person Accounts then please use our Marketing List (on AppExchange) to search and add to each Marketing List synced to your Email Marketing Platform.
Note: Sync on Demand is available in the Free Trial yet Scheduling is available on paid plans. Sync is limited to 100 records per Free Trial.
Get started using Salesforce SyncApps for Constant Contact.
Using Salesforce Campaigns? Please also download Cazoomi Marketing List to use our new List membership feature for Constant Contact subscribers.
The Cazoomi Marketing List package is needed for record removal from our Salesforce Campaign Sync.
Using Constant Contact EventSpot?
SyncApps will sync to Salesforce the Registration Date, Registration Status, Payment Status and guest count all into to "Email Events" field on Salesforce Campaign.
"You do not have sufficient privileges…."
This error occurs when a Salesforce user does not have adequate privileges to view the page which displays Email Marketing Metrics on a Contact or Lead:
Please ask your Salesforce admin to set up the following:
- Add custom fields into the Layout View to your Salesforce Contact and Lead layouts
Viewing Campaign Metrics in Salesforce
For Salesforce.com Page layouts:
* Campaign CazoomiID is placed in Campaign Page Layout
* CampaignMember CazoomiID is placed in CampaignMember PageLayout
* The metrics fields placed in Campaign History layout
If you have any questions to ask, problems to report, or ideas to share please join in the conversation with subscribers today!