Hello there! Are you new to SyncApps or just need to know how to put all the pieces together?
We’re here to help! We’ve crafted this article just for subscribers like you to help you understand how SyncApps works with your Mailchimp for NetSuite.
Before starting, take a look at our basic integration setup, as explained here:
Check out some key documentation for Mailchimp for NetSuite integration:
- NetSuite Basic Records flow
- NetSuite Permissions for SyncApps integration
- How Marketing Metrics work with NetSuite
- NetSuite Best Practice
- Best Practice for NetSuite to Mailchimp
- NetSuite Authentication Types for Sync Profile Setup
- Sync eCommerce data from NetSuite to Mailchimp
- Pricing Queries
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
- Make sure that your NetSuite Roles/Permissions and Authentication (2FA is suggested) are set.
- Create a test Saved Search, Subscription, or records for testing purposes.
- Create test Audience in Mailchimp (this test Audience will be specified in Step 2 of the Sync Profile where you want your NetSuite records to be synced)
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans. (Step 6)
Let’s get started!
Setting up your Sync Profile
You are now setting up the integration, so we are giving you an EXTRA 2 Weeks Free on us! Enjoy 4 Full Weeks of our real-time, Enterprise plan integration.
- Unlimited Records sync between the software you connect
- Unlimited Opt-Out sync from your Marketing Automation solution
- Unlimited Campaigns/Marketing List/Tags/List Views/Saved Searches sync
- Unlimited Campaigns from your Marketing Automation solution of choice
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on Free Trial and Paid plans (Step 6)
Once you’ve tapped the Sync Profiles tab, tap the “Create Sync Profile” button.
Enter any designated name for your new Sync Profile as your identifier. Then in Sync Type, select NetSuite to Mailchimp.
Need to know which plan has your integration? See here.
Step 1: NetSuite
Enter your NetSuite account credentials such as your Account ID, Username, Password, and Application ID since we used the "Username and Password" for Authentication type.
NetSuite Sandbox is a test account type that uses testing records that will not affect your live or production records when syncing. If you are testing records or requirements but want your production records unaltered, enable this option.
Select the "Records to Sync", options are All Contacts, Specific NetSuite Saved Searches, Specific NetSuite Contact Subscriptions, and Specific NetSuite Customer Subscriptions.
You can only use 1 "Records to Sync" per Sync Profile. For example, if you’ll select "All Contacts" as the "Records to Sync", then all the Contact type records in your NetSuite database will be synced to/from Mailchimp.
Remove opted-out Customers or Contacts in NetSuite from Mailchimp.
Record is considered to be opted out if its Global Subscription Status is either Soft Opt-Out or Confirmed Opt-Out.
If this option is not checked, then opted-out Customers or Contacts are simply ignored (not synced to Mailchimp).
Sync deleted Contacts or Customers in NetSuite to Mailchimp
Below are more options based on your requirements. Tap the plus (+) icon to view the options.
Sync Email Marketing Data
If this option is checked, email marketing data (opens, clicks, and links clicked metrics) will be synced to a custom record in NetSuite.
The custom record will be created automatically by SyncApps and capture data for 30 days after a campaign is initiated.
Email Marketing Campaign metrics land on the custom subtab on the NetSuite Customer/Contact record. The NetSuite custom subtab name can be changed to meet your needs in NetSuite. Please see here
Replace UTF-16 characters with blank
New Subscriber Object Type
Use Email Address as Entity ID (Name) for new Contact or Customer
- For NetSuite OneWorld users, please enter default subsidiary name for new Customer or Contact created by SyncApps, otherwise, Customer or Contact creation will fail. In some cases, a subscriber will create a Sync Profile for each NetSuite Subsidiary that they want to integrate. To make sure that each Sync Profile syncs with its assigned Subsidiary, please be sure to only use a NetSuite role with NetSuite Subsidiary access and also create a separate NetSuite role for reach NetSuite Subsidiaries assigned.
Note: Default subsidiary is only used for new record creation in NetSuite.
Connect your Mailchimp account in this step by tapping the “Connect” button. You will then be directed to the oAuth page that’ll log in to your software. For some, they’ll need to enter their Mailchimp credentials here.
After which, enter the name of your Main Audience. Now, what is the Main Audience, and why do we need to define it in Step 2?
During the sync process, a new Audience with the specified name will be created in Mailchimp. Yet, you can still use the names of your existing Audience in Mailchimp, if there are. Note that if you are to name the Main Audience the same name as an existing Mailchimp Audience, make sure to match the spelling 100% so as to not create a new Audience in Mailchimp but to marry to the existing one.
When adding new subscribers to any Mailchimp Audience, please note that only those in your "Main Audience" will be synced, or select from the following options; (Sync all active Contacts not just those in the specified Mailchimp Audience), to sync the specific Mailchimp subscribers to CRM.
Note: We require you to define the Main Audience because Mailchimp needs it in creating, updating, and removing records using its API.
For more options, tap the plus (+) icon. If you want to learn more about the features, hover over to the SyncNotes tooltips (i).
- If you want the records to flow from NetSuite only and will not add new records from Mailchimp, you may check this option; One-way sync.
If using multiple Sync Profiles with the same “Main Audience”, out of those Sync Profiles, set all but 1 Sync Profile as One-Way Sync so that it will minimize API Calls.
This means that SyncApps will only sync unsubscribed data thru one Sync Profile which is not a One-Way Sync for efficiency, since all the integrations are utilizing one Main Audience.
Group Title to Use (“Use Groups” under Segmentation method)
- If this option is checked, then SyncApps will automatically create and segment your CRM Saved Searches to Mailchimp Groups under the specified Main Audience.
- Auto-creates MailChimp Groups or Static Segments into your MailChimp Audience from your CRM, Groups, OR if selected, Static Segments are auto-created from your Saved Searches used in Step 1 of your Sync Profile.
“Use Tags” under Segmentation method
- See here for more information about using Mailchimp Tags
- If double opt-in is enabled, a confirmation email will be sent by Mailchimp to subscribers to ask their permissions to be added in the Audience.
If using the Add-On for Full Sync, this feature will delete the Contact from the Mailchimp Audience each time a Full Sync is being run in your integration.
The Full Sync option is visible in Sync Add-Ons in Step 3 only if you have selected a segmentation feature (either NetSuite Saved Search, Salesforce Campaign or Marketing List, Dynamics 365 Marketing List, Zoho Campaign, Bullhorn Tearsheet or the Enable Segmentation feature in Step 5).
Update NetSuite if subscribers update their profiles in Mailchimp
This feature, if selected, will use mapping configuration in Step 4 of your Sync Profile to update records in your CRM. Please make sure you configure the mapping correctly.
A MailChimp webhook will be enabled in the MailChimp Audience that was named in Step 2 of your Sync Profile if this option is enabled.
- Please note that the first sync may take a longer time than usual due to integrating all NetSuite Sales Orders, Products, and Customers from NetSuite to Mailchimp to analyze eCommerce metrics.
- Please tap here for more information.
Step 3: Sync Add-Ons
Sync Add-Ons are optional. Available Add-Ons in Step 3 of the Sync Profile may depend on which Plan and integration you select.
Want to know which Sync Add-On fits your requirement? Give us a shout out today!
Step 4: Add-Ons
This step is one of our most powerful features ever used by most of our subscribers. Like for example, you have 1000’s of records in your CRM then you only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, only these records will be synced to your Mailchimp Main Audience.
Step 6: Sync Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
Tap the "Finish" button and then Sync Now. More questions or hit any snags? You can always reach out to our 24/7 Support team.
Need some help?
Check out your options below to contact our Support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Help Center & Email is 24/7 to email@example.com | Live Chat & Phone is scheduled
Why We Don't Have Instant Phone Support
SyncApps limits support to online means due to a few reasons, but mostly that integration issues can range from super easy to off the charts hard to solve. Deciding which type via phone or chat is tricky unless we get some much-needed information up front as we might have to involve multiple teams to get you the answers you need.
Not very ideal for instant phone support right.
- Online support and scheduled phone calls help keep SyncApps priced for small businesses, nonprofits, to even large enterprises, and keeps our Engineers busy building and maintaining the best iPaaS features for subscribers just like you.
- Online support also helps our multiple teams, from Engineering to Tier I, II & III Support, get the details needed to solve a given integration issue. Depending on the severity of the problem, our team will get you to the right resources like our easy to read Help Desk articles, How-To videos, or schedule a call to get your integration questions answered or problems solved so that your organization does not miss a beat integrating your organization’s lifeblood, your data.
- Instant Chat support is evaluated on a case by case basis and can be turned on by our support teams when needed for anyone needing instant answers while in the integration.
Be sure to check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save 100s of hours per year integrating NetSuite with Mailchimp.
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.