Setting up Constant Contact for Zoho CRM is super simple!
Before starting, take a look at our basic integration setup, as explained here:
Check out some key documentation for Constant Contact with Zoho integration:
- Sync Zoho CRM Opt-Outs to Constant Contact
- Email Campaign metrics back to Zoho CRM Campaigns or Campaign Response Fields?
- Can we sync categories from Zoho CRM to Constant Contact?
- Do you sync Mailchimp's Cleaned records to a Zoho CRM field?
- Available Pricing Plans for Zoho CRM with Constant Contact
Before setting up the integration, here are some important integration points:
Zoho CRM OAuth Supported.
- In Zoho CRM, make sure you have created some records for TESTING purposes so that the Production records will be untouched during the Free Trial.
- Create a Test Campaign or List View. You may use the Filtering and Segmentation feature as an alternative to segment the list in Constant Contact.
- In Constant Contact, create a Main List as you will specify this in Step 2 of the Sync Profile.
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on both Free Trial and Paid plans. (Step 6)
Let’s get started!
Setting up your Sync Profile
Setting up your Sync Profile (integration) is easy! Looking for a Quick Setup Guided Tour?
You are now setting up the integration, so we are giving you an EXTRA 2 Weeks Free on us!
Enjoy 4 Full Weeks to test out all your use cases using all our features and integration capabilities.
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ records sync between Constant Contact and Zoho CRM
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Opt-Outs from your Constant Contact
- Sync 1 - 1,000,000+ Campaigns/Tags/List Views
- Integrate 1 - 1,000,000+ Campaigns from your Constant Contact and Zoho CRM
- Sync on Demand included for easy testing of your integration scenarios
- Scheduling of a Sync Profile is available on both Free Trial and Paid plans (Step 6)
Logging in to your SyncApps account will land you the SyncApps Dashboard. Head to Sync Profiles and Once you’ve selected the Sync Profiles tab, tap the “Create Sync Profile” button.
Enter any designated name for your new Sync Profile as your identifier. Then in Sync Type, select Zoho CRM to Constant Contact.
Step 1: Zoho CRM
- Use the "OAuth2" to connect to Zoho CRM API V2 then tap the "Authorize access to Zoho CRM".
This is a Zoho EU (www.zoho.eu) account
- If your Zoho CRM account is an EU account, then check this. If not, then leave it unchecked.
Module Type to Sync
- Selecting a Module type per Sync Profile will allow you to sync which type of record SyncApps will sync. Let's say Contact, then only Contact type records will be synced. Please note that you can only sync 1 Module type per Sync Profile. If needing to sync the Leads, then you will need to create another Sync Profile for it. Supported Module Types: Contacts and Leads.
- Need to Sync Zoho CRM Potentials? Grab our Add-On today!
There are several Sync Modes available. You may only select one per Sync Profile, but you may change it later on if desired:
Sync All Contacts or Leads
- From the word itself, all Contacts or Leads will be synced to Constant Contact. Let's say you've selected Contacts as the Module Type, then all Contacts will be synced.
All Active Campaigns
- All Zoho CRM Campaigns that are marked as "Active" will only be the ones that will be synced to Constant Contact. These Active Campaigns will then be created into separate email lists in Constant Contact.
- All Campaigns, whether Active or inactive, will be synced to Constant Contact. These Campaigns will then be created into separate email lists in Constant Contact.
Sync Specific Campaigns
- Only the selected Campaigns will be synced to Constant Contact. These Campaigns will then be created into separate email lists in Constant Contact.
Sync Specific List Views
- Specific List Views will only be the ones that will be synced to Constant Contact. These List Views will then be created into separate email lists in Constant Contact.
Zoho CRM Account Time Zone
- To get account time zone, please log in to your Zoho CRM account using your username and password and go to Setup > Personal Settings > Account Information. You will see time zone information on the page.
On Contact or Lead creation, use "Unknown" as the last name if the last name is blank
- If a new record lands in Zoho CRM from Constant Contact with a blank Last Name, then Zoho CRM will reject the record as the Last Name is a required field in Zoho CRM. If you still want the record to be synced without the Last Name, please enable this option.
Retrieve Contact/Account Potentials
If this option is checked, Potentials fields will be available on the mapping configuration. This feature may need many API calls if you have a large number of Potentials. Please note that it may cause an exceeding API limit issue if you have a large number of potentials. For example, larger than 10,000.
Unsubscribe opted-out Contacts or Leads in Zoho CRM from Constant Contact
- If this option is not checked, the opted-out Contacts or Leads are simply ignored (not synced to Constant Contact).
Sync deleted Contacts or Leads in Zoho CRM to Constant Contact
- If a Contact or Lead is deleted, SyncApps will remove the email address from Constant Contact.
Execute workflow trigger on new Contact or Lead creation, Execute workflow trigger on Contact or Lead update
- In Zoho CRM integration, we set the wftrigger for Contact or Lead update (opt-out, bounce, etc) including the following:
- Update opted out status
- Update hard bounced status
- Update bounce reason
We also set the wftrigger on Campaign Response sync to Zoho Custom Modules by default. For more details about the Zoho CRM wftrigger workflow, please see Zoho CRM Support.
Sync Campaign Responses to Zoho CRM, Display email subject in Campaign Responses details
This will allow you to sync your Constant Contact Campaigns' marketing metrics such as opens, clicks, and bounces back to Zoho CRM. To understand which Campaign Response Method to use, please tap the button below for reference:
If done in Step 1 of the Sync Profile, hit next so that the configurations will be saved.
Step 2: Constant Contact
CONSTANT CONTACT CONFIGURATION
Connect your Constant Contact account in this step by tapping the “Connect” button. You will then be directed to the oAuth page that’ll log in to Constant Contact.
After which, enter the name of your Main List. Now, what is the Main List, and why do we need to define it in Step 2?
During the sync process, a new list with the specified name will be created in Constant Contact. Yet, you can still use the names of your existing lists in Constant Contact, if there are. Note that if you are to name the Main List the same name as an existing Constant Contact List, make sure to match the spelling 100% so as to not create a new list in Constant Contact but to marry to the existing one.
When adding new subscribers to any Constant Contact List, please note that only those in your "Main List" will be synced, or select from the following options; (Sync all active Contacts not just those in the specified Constant Contact List), to sync the specific Constant Contact subscribers to CRM.
Note: We require you to define the Main List because Constant Contact needs it in creating, updating, and removing records using its API.
For more options, tap the plus (+) icon. If you want to learn more about the features, hover over to the SyncNotes tooltips.
- By default, SyncApps will set opted-out status in Zoho CRM for unsubscribed emails. Please check this checkbox if you do not want unsubscribed emails status to be synced.
- If you do not need address data in Constant Contact, you can check this option.
- By default, SyncApps retrieves state code. This option can be checked to retrieve the state name instead.
- By default, when a new record lands in your Constant Contact Main List, it will be synced to Zoho CRM. If you do not want to sync new records to be synced to Zoho CRM, select this option.
By default, SyncApps only retrieves Contacts from the specified "Main List". Please check this option if you want to sync all active Contacts.
Please note that enabling this option might cause the "API limit exceeded error" in Zoho CRM on the initial sync if you have record numbers in Constant Contact greater than your Zoho CRM daily API limit. For each email address in Constant Contact, SyncApps need to send one or more API requests to check whether the email already exists in Zoho CRM.
- Records from these selected Constant Contact Email Lists will be synced and be created in Zoho CRM if the record does not exist at the time of sync.
Campaign Response Sync Selection
All Constant Contact Campaigns
- All Constant Contact Campaigns under your Main List will be synced to Zoho CRM if you have enabled the Sync Campaign Response option in Step 1.
Sync Specific Campaigns
- Only the selected Constant Contact Campaigns under your specified Main List will be synced back to Zoho CRM.
Step 3: Sync Add-Ons
Sync Add-Ons are optional. Available Add-Ons in Step 3 of the Sync Profile may depend on which Plan and integration you select.
Want to know which Sync Add-On fits your requirement? Give us a shout-out today!
Step 4: Field Mapping
Field Mapping is optional. Basic fields such as Email address, Name, Title, Address, Company Name, and Phone are already pre-mapped even if you haven’t enabled this Step. Otherwise, if you have more additional fields to map, then you’ll have to set these fields up here.
Managing your Constant Contact field is super simple! Please see the link below for more information on how to do it:
Step 5: Filtering and Segmentation
This Step is one of our most powerful features ever used by most of our subscribers. Like for example, you have 1000’s of records in your CRM and only want to pull out the records with specific criteria, only these records will be synced to your Constant Contact Main List.
Step 6: Sync Scheduling
Finally, the very last step. Just select the time when you would like to sync your data automatically.
Tap the Finish button and then Sync Now.
Need some help?
Check out the options below on how you can contact our Support team and find the answers you need to help you with your SyncApps integrations.
Check out these Help Desk articles for answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out our subscriber's story here on how SyncApps helped them save 100s of hours per year!